Windows 10: Convince Me

Discus and support Convince Me in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After Windows 10 had been out about a month I installed it. After about 3-4 weeks I decided I did NOT like it very much and reinstalled Windows 7 which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, Mar 24, 2016.

1. huffman Win User

Convince Me

After Windows 10 had been out about a month I installed it. After about 3-4 weeks I decided I did NOT like it very much and reinstalled Windows 7 which I love.

Is there anyone that can convince me to try Windows 10 again?

:)

huffman, Mar 24, 2016
  2. MrDC---01 Win User

iPHONE to Lumia - convince me

Thank you Everyone for all your helpful comments and tips.

MrDC---01, Mar 24, 2016
  3. Steveo500 Win User
    iPHONE to Lumia - convince me

As a long time iphone user i was eagerly waiting for the 5 to arrive but when i saw it I was under impressed. I didnt want to spend 500 quid on something thats almost identical to the 4 so I took the plunge and bought the 820. 920 or S3 are just too big
    for me.

Quite happy with the 820 as its something different to play with, but if you are all Macced up you're probably best sticking with IOS

Steveo500, Mar 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Convince Me

Hi, as I only use it as a desktop, with Classic Shell for start menu, and don't use the universal apps or Cortana, from a functional point of view for most purposes I can't.

However, ongoing compatibility needs will eventually force people to move on (new PC on which Win 7 + compatible drivers can't be installed e.g.).

On the other hand, there are some pleasant universal apps coming out, and the slickness of the graphics is way beyond traditional desktop apps.

I like having in-place repair install with minimal updates subsequently available as a repair technique.

That's useful as Win 10 breaks readily (although largely stable for me) and needs monitoring in a way I never had to with its predecessors.

There is a learning curve with the various flyout panels from the Action Centre to Project and the new Settings dialogues.

Drivers managed by MS, the way default associations are set (and sometimes unset unexpectedly for several different reasons) are also new, as is the management of Windows updates.

The Win 10 start menu is worse than useless if upgrading from, say, Win 7 if you have an extensive categorised start menu with subfolders.

dalchina, Mar 24, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    Its not about convincing you, you have to want to upgrade and see a need for doing so. Something that Windows 10 does that say Windows 7 doesn't like performance gain for instance.

When was the last time you tried 10? Was it at launch, if so there have been a couple of updates since then.

swarfega, Mar 24, 2016
  6. If you were 8.1's user, I might have pointed out a few reasons, but as for 7's user, I can not think of anything. Maybe:

Windows lifecycle fact sheet - Windows Help

TairikuOkami, Mar 24, 2016
  7. If you give the reasons you disliked 10, someone might be able to offer alternatives or ways to change what you didn't like

paulsalter, Mar 24, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

Convince Me

In my opinion, Windows 10 is the most versatile, performance driven Windows OS yet.
    My two cents.

Edwin, Mar 24, 2016
  9. dencal Win User
    *Ditto*Thumbs

dencal, Mar 24, 2016
  10. We could give plenty of reasons, such as...it's free, it works very well, it's the primary focus of software and hardware manufacturers now, etc, but in the end, it is your computer. It can be customized quite a bit. Many people also confuse "new and different" with "it doesn't work very well" or "I don't like it".

Personally, I feel it is what 8/8/1 should have been. It is designed well to function on a touch screen or with a traditional mouse and keyboard. 8/8.1 needed third-party apps to accomplish that.

DeaconFrost, Mar 24, 2016
  11. strollin Win User
    I feel no compulsion to convince you. If you're curious enough, try it again, just make sure you make a system image of your current system beforehand.

strollin, Mar 24, 2016
  12. sml156 Win User
    You installed Windows 10 and that means that when Windows 7 goes to end of life in 2020 and not supported anymore you will have not problems installing a fully licenced version of Windows 10 that will be supported to 2025

That's assuming that in the year 2020 you still have the same computer.

sml156, Mar 24, 2016
  13. huffman Win User

Convince Me

As I remember after about a week using Win 10 I got a virus that I could NOT get rid of without reinstalling Windows. The other thing (this a biggie to me) NO favorites in IE. Yes I know it was NOT IE but could not remember what it was called.

I do NOT want to have to remember every internet address I use.

huffman, Apr 5, 2016
  14. strollin Win User
    I believe you mean the Edge browser and it most definitely has the ability to save Favorites.

strollin, Apr 5, 2016
  15. There isn't a browser out there without some kind of Favorites. When I log in to Chrome, my favorites are backed up and synced across three different computers. IE and Edge both have ways to save your favorite sites and restore them.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2016
Thema:

Convince Me

1. Convince Me - Similar Threads - Convince

2. How do I convince Microsoft to get Xbox off my computer!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I convince Microsoft to get Xbox off my computer!!!!!: Xbox is an abuse of our relationship and as a shareholder let me just say out loud: Screw you Microsoft! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-convince-microsoft-to-get-xbox-off-my/35b08fe0-1f0c-4333-9633-8d18ada19f4b
  3. How do I convince Microsoft to get Xbox off my computer!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I convince Microsoft to get Xbox off my computer!!!!!: Xbox is an abuse of our relationship and as a shareholder let me just say out loud: Screw you Microsoft! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-convince-microsoft-to-get-xbox-off-my/35b08fe0-1f0c-4333-9633-8d18ada19f4b
  4. Is Windows 12 even Real? I'm not convinced at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows 12 even Real? I'm not convinced at all.: I've seen rumors going around that there will be a Windows 12, However I don't believe any of it is real, Also I want to know from Microsoft themselves as Google and other spots on the Internet could be lying. So, Is Windows 12 real? or are these all Fake rumors created by...
  5. Is Windows 12 even Real? I'm not convinced at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Windows 12 even Real? I'm not convinced at all.: I've seen rumors going around that there will be a Windows 12, However I don't believe any of it is real, Also I want to know from Microsoft themselves as Google and other spots on the Internet could be lying. So, Is Windows 12 real? or are these all Fake rumors created by...
  6. How can I convince Windows 10 that I have no ethernet connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I convince Windows 10 that I have no ethernet connection?: I asked elsewhere and got an answer pertaining to the ethernet thingy showing on the connection icon I see in the Action Center see attached image. The Yoga C940 has no ethernet port and the only thing plugged into one of the USB-C ports is the power.Is there a way in Windows...
  7. I'm convinced MS stops your computer from working if you don't update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I'm convinced MS stops your computer from working if you don't update: I have long noticed really weird issues arise when I have refused a Windows update for a certain amount of time and then when I finally update the issue goes away. This last time, I went to bed and everything worked fine. I never shut my computer off, so I didn't restart it...
  8. Windows installation...I'm Convinced of windows 10 installation error being the issue...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installation...I'm Convinced of windows 10 installation error being the issue...: Though I don't have much evidence; I believe windows 10 setting in GPT or error from installation is the culprit. I am trying to download some large files and each time I extract them I get an error saying corrupted. I have bypassed and confirmed the file is somewhat...
  9. What can I do to convince my computer that I am in the Eastern time zone and not Pacific?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What can I do to convince my computer that I am in the Eastern time zone and not Pacific?: I have gone into Settings and tried setting in manually, tried telling it to set it automatically, no matter what I try, when I exit settings it reverts back to Pacific time....
  10. How do I convince Windows 10 that a vEthernet adapter is on the private network?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I convince Windows 10 that a vEthernet adapter is on the private network?: I am using WSL2 on Windows 10 and would like to run an X Server like X410. I've installed X410, but all connections to any WSL2 x clients like xeyes, xclock, xterm are blocked until I tunnel X410 connections on the public network. But in general, I don't want X410 to be able...