Windows 10: Convince Me

Discus and support Convince Me in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; DeaconFrost two issues I had when I had Win 10 installed. I could NOT see anyway to use Favorites in the browser. That may have been fixed since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by huffman, Mar 24, 2016.

1. huffman Win User

Convince Me

DeaconFrost two issues I had when I had Win 10 installed.

I could NOT see anyway to use Favorites in the browser. That may have been fixed since then.

Blue Screen Of Death showed up about two weeks after installing Win 10. I had NOT seen a BSOD since Windows 98. I guess it could have been repaired but at that point I was really discussed with Win 10.

There may come a time that I have install Win 10 but I sure hope NOT.

huffman, Apr 15, 2016

2. I was under the impression that windows ten upgrades From WIN 7/8/ and 8.1 are only free for a year after the initial release date last june.

toppergraph, Apr 15, 2016
  3. sgage Win User
    Since he installed it on his machine within the year, that machine is now 'digitally entitled' and will automatically activate a new install of Win10 down the line.

sgage, Apr 15, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Convince Me

Hi there

Like all these things - just use what works for YOU -- but when using older technology remember that there are security issues with it and also some newer devices might not work (or not work properly).

Provided you understand all the implications there's nothing wrong with sticking with W7 if you like it.

I tend to feel this is rather a mistake - but again it's your choice.

Windows 10 does have flaws --especially in NETWORKING - but when has Windows Networking ever been a decent success - whatever windows version you are using - but it's a decent OS and I'm sure most gripes can be solved --

It helps if you say what irritates you about W10 or what doesn't work

-- A bit like going into a garage and telling the mechanic "I think my car is broken". You need to specify what you think or see is wrong.

As far as BSOD's are concerned - I really don't get this --I must have installed W10 on loads of different types of hardware and the only time I've broken it is if I've installed either accidentally or deliberately some software from a "dubious place".

I can assure you I've tried W10 on quite ancient hardware (including an old PC that wouldn't even run VISTA) and the latest gizmos.
    No mega problems so far -- just the odd glitch that any OS would have when you are doing that amount of testing on loads of different bits of kit.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 15, 2016
  5. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Dont be convinced by anyone else. Take your decision yourself.

There are a lot of users who have upgraded to 10 for good; and there are a lot of other users who downgraded back to their earlier OS as well. Both of them have their own reasons.

Establish your own reason without being influenced by anything or anyone. When you will be able to stand your own arguments for your action, that will be the best course of action for you.

I installed windows 10 long ago, and never got back to windows 7. 7 worked very good for me, and 10 works the same. Still I am preferring 10 because the latest software environment allows me to use the hardware it its full capacity. I liked UEFI Secure Boot, Fast startup etc which windows 7 did not allow. Thats my reason.

6. understand GOT IT.I missread.

toppergraph, Apr 15, 2016
  7. No convincing someone of something they are sure of. If you like 10 use it, if not then don't. There's always been a way to save your favorites in Edge, but if you don't like Edge you already had/have Internet Explorer installed with 10. Yes they are both there, not to mention literally dozens of other browser's you can download and use. Just sayin' because that seems to be your main beef with 10. As far as the BSOD , that could have been from any number of things and without further information there's no way to diagnose the cause. As mentioned above, I too haven't seen a BSOD with 10 yet and have installed it on at least half a dozen machines. Most of those machines are used by computer neophytes too. Bottom line ....... you seem more interested in slamming 10 than wanting to use it, so don't. Simple as that. Use whichever O.S. you feel more comfortable with and leave it at that.

We have Sister sites for whichever version of Windows you use, just look at the links at bottom left of this thread.

indianacarnie, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Convince Me

1. Convince Me - Similar Threads - Convince

2. How do I convince Microsoft to get Xbox off my computer!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I convince Microsoft to get Xbox off my computer!!!!!: Xbox is an abuse of our relationship and as a shareholder let me just say out loud: Screw you Microsoft! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-convince-microsoft-to-get-xbox-off-my/35b08fe0-1f0c-4333-9633-8d18ada19f4b
  3. How do I convince Microsoft to get Xbox off my computer!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I convince Microsoft to get Xbox off my computer!!!!!: Xbox is an abuse of our relationship and as a shareholder let me just say out loud: Screw you Microsoft! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-convince-microsoft-to-get-xbox-off-my/35b08fe0-1f0c-4333-9633-8d18ada19f4b
  4. Is Windows 12 even Real? I'm not convinced at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows 12 even Real? I'm not convinced at all.: I've seen rumors going around that there will be a Windows 12, However I don't believe any of it is real, Also I want to know from Microsoft themselves as Google and other spots on the Internet could be lying. So, Is Windows 12 real? or are these all Fake rumors created by...
  5. Is Windows 12 even Real? I'm not convinced at all.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Windows 12 even Real? I'm not convinced at all.: I've seen rumors going around that there will be a Windows 12, However I don't believe any of it is real, Also I want to know from Microsoft themselves as Google and other spots on the Internet could be lying. So, Is Windows 12 real? or are these all Fake rumors created by...
  6. How can I convince Windows 10 that I have no ethernet connection?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I convince Windows 10 that I have no ethernet connection?: I asked elsewhere and got an answer pertaining to the ethernet thingy showing on the connection icon I see in the Action Center see attached image. The Yoga C940 has no ethernet port and the only thing plugged into one of the USB-C ports is the power.Is there a way in Windows...
  7. I'm convinced MS stops your computer from working if you don't update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I'm convinced MS stops your computer from working if you don't update: I have long noticed really weird issues arise when I have refused a Windows update for a certain amount of time and then when I finally update the issue goes away. This last time, I went to bed and everything worked fine. I never shut my computer off, so I didn't restart it...
  8. Windows installation...I'm Convinced of windows 10 installation error being the issue...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installation...I'm Convinced of windows 10 installation error being the issue...: Though I don't have much evidence; I believe windows 10 setting in GPT or error from installation is the culprit. I am trying to download some large files and each time I extract them I get an error saying corrupted. I have bypassed and confirmed the file is somewhat...
  9. What can I do to convince my computer that I am in the Eastern time zone and not Pacific?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What can I do to convince my computer that I am in the Eastern time zone and not Pacific?: I have gone into Settings and tried setting in manually, tried telling it to set it automatically, no matter what I try, when I exit settings it reverts back to Pacific time....
  10. How do I convince Windows 10 that a vEthernet adapter is on the private network?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I convince Windows 10 that a vEthernet adapter is on the private network?: I am using WSL2 on Windows 10 and would like to run an X Server like X410. I've installed X410, but all connections to any WSL2 x clients like xeyes, xclock, xterm are blocked until I tunnel X410 connections on the public network. But in general, I don't want X410 to be able...