Windows 10: Cookie Management in Edge

Discus and support Cookie Management in Edge in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In IE 11 we had the "cookie management" option. I can't find that in Edge. Accept or allow first, second, and third party cookies, etc. I also liked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Grandpa Jim, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Cookie Management in Edge

In IE 11 we had the "cookie management" option. I can't find that in Edge. Accept or allow first, second, and third party cookies, etc.

I also liked the option to periodically delete all cookies EXCEPT those from web sites in the Favorites folder. Any chance of finding that option in Edge?

Windows Version 1909
    OS Build 18363.476

:)

Grandpa Jim, Dec 4, 2019

2. Cookie Management in Microsoft Edge

Hello,

Your browsing history is the information that Microsoft Edge remembers and stores on a PC as your browse the web. This includes info you've entered into forms, passwords, and sites you've visited, and it helps make your browsing experience better.

Kindly follow the below steps to manage cookies in Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options (… symbol) on the top right corner of the browser.
    • Select Settings from the drop down menu.
    • Click on Choose what to clear under
      Clear browsing data.
    • Check the Cookies and saved website data
      (and any other data you want to clear) and click on
      Clear button.
    Reference: We suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article for more information about Microsoft Edge:

Microsoft Edge preview

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Anthony Cato, Dec 4, 2019
  3. kstrategy Win User
    Cookie Management in Microsoft Edge

How can I manage cookies individually in Microsoft Edge?

Specifically, I would like to delete all of my cookies except those related to my password manager (which I need to keep active in order to log into websites) every time I close my browser.

It seems that Edge does not have any settings that allow for granular management of cookies. Is this really true? I have been mostly happy with Edge and want to continue using it, but proper cookie management is an absolute requirement for using a web
    browser in 2017.

Please tell me there is a way to do this or I will have to go back to Firefox.

kstrategy, Dec 4, 2019
  4. kstrategy Win User

Cookie Management in Edge

Microsoft Edge and tracking cookies

The issue is not that we can delete cookies. The issue is that Microsoft Edge does not allow users to manage which websites can and cannot use cookies. My policy is to completely reject cookies from all websites unless I specifically "white list" them
    in my browser settings. Until Edge allows that level of granularity in cookie management, it's pretty much unusable for anyone who cares about privacy and security.

kstrategy, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Cookie Management in Edge

1. Cookie Management in Edge - Similar Threads - Cookie Management Edge

2. Edge clearing protected passwords and cookies on exit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge clearing protected passwords and cookies on exit: As of yesterday, Microsoft Edge has started clearing stored passwords and logins, together with cookies from sites which are specifically set to be retained on exit. I've checked and rechecked the settings but they're all set to keep passwords and logins, and 'prevent...
  3. Closing EDGE to clear cookies

in Browsers and Email
    Closing EDGE to clear cookies: I'm running W10 and the latest version of Edge. I have gone into 'choose what to clear' in settings and ticked the box for 'cookies and other site data. I have made an exception of a few sites I use. If I close Edge by selecting settings then take the 'close edge' option at...
  4. Edge (chrome) Cookies and site data

in Browsers and Email
    Edge (chrome) Cookies and site data: In Google Chrome settings, Cookies and site data allows you to Clear cookies and site data when you quit Chrome. Below that, in the settings it has a section called Allow, where you can choose cookies you want to keep on close. This lets me delete all of the cookies on close...
  5. Cookie drop observed on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cookie drop observed on Microsoft Edge: Hi, We have observed that cookie is being dropped by Edge browser intermittently, for few requests it happens with in few seconds of session creation. Is it known issue with below browser version ? Browser Detail Edge 44 on Windows 10 Thanks...
  6. cookie manager that is better than Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    cookie manager that is better than Firefox: I really like (well, mostly) Firefox, but I find that the cookie manager is a real pain.*Confused I'm looking for a third-party tool that gives me a view like MS File Explorer. 141255
  7. MS Edge Third Party cookies blocked but does not pass the Cookie test

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Third Party cookies blocked but does not pass the Cookie test: I have set MS Edge (non-Chromium version) to block only Third-party cookies and I went to GRC Cookie Forensics, the Third Party cookie test had failed. GRC | Cookie Forensics Display See attached image. Why is it failing or not passing the test? My wild guess may be, is...
  8. Previewing support for same-site cookies in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Previewing support for same-site cookies in Microsoft Edge: Yesterday’s Windows Insider Preview build (build 17672) introduces support for the SameSite cookies standard in Microsoft Edge, ahead of a planned rollout in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. Same-site cookies enable more protection for users against cross-site request...
  9. Seems Edge and IE have a cookie leakage bug

in Browsers and Email
    Seems Edge and IE have a cookie leakage bug: Hi all, I just tried this page that tests browsers' cookie management and got a cookie leakage bug report. In other terms, third party cookie blocking policies can be circumvented on these browsers. I was considering trying Edge again but it didn't last long... For...
  10. Delete Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Delete Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Delete Cookies in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with...