Windows 10: Cookies, identifying and cleaning.

Discus and support Cookies, identifying and cleaning. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My main computer is fairly ancient as far as OS goes, 5 - 6 years since last clean Windows install. While HW have changed it started with W7, Sp1 to 8... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by CountMike, Aug 6, 2016.

1. CountMike New Member

Cookies, identifying and cleaning.

My main computer is fairly ancient as far as OS goes, 5 - 6 years since last clean Windows install. While HW have changed it started with W7, Sp1 to 8 to 8.1 and all TP and insider builds since day one of W10. As you can imagine great pile of cookies have accumulated, 90% of them from Firefox.
    I don't want to get rid of them all, just some pertaining to individual sites because they are a problem with FF. I tried reading each one but almost none of them have clear reference to what they pertain to.
    It's been bothering me for years, had a program/utility to see connection per site long time ago but have forgotten which one it was.

:)

CountMike, Aug 6, 2016

2. identify cookies

sorry but I need you to be a bit more specific...do you need to access the destination folder to where the cookies are held? what do you intend on doing?? you just want to know? gonna erase them? don't forget internet explorer has "internet options" located
    in control panel. The very first tab allows you to modify how temporary internet files AND cookies are handled. You can adjust history to hold "0 mb at 0 days" and you can tell it to wipe history after every session.

There are other ways to access the storage folder...I thought that was the most user friendly approach and hope it answers your question

*****always remember to try and provide as much information as you can about your devices or be as specific as possible regarding your situation or why your asking the question. IT people need to hear it all...a picture starts to appear in our minds.......we
    are then able to best assist you.

I wouldn't be a joker if I didn't ask why you want to identify "cookies".

Jonathanc1981, Aug 6, 2016
  3. identify cookies

Deleting cookies won't affect the amount of spam/junk mail you receive. Is that the only reason you want to delete some cookies?

Are you accessing your outlook.com account with Edge, Internet Explorer or the Windows 10 Mail App?

Don

Don Varnau, Aug 6, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, Cookiespy maybe?

I'm sure you know Ccleaner lets you specify which cookies to keep when cleaning. Aside: Some UK banks amazingly rely on cookies so that the device being used is 'recognised'. And if not, needs a phone call or you to have a registered mobile phone to resolve this! And Santander always displays a message claiming I don't allow them to set cookies.. yet I have site access, and no complaints from other banks.

dalchina, Aug 6, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    +1 Ccleaner. It gives the cookies in a readable fashion:

Cookies, identifying and cleaning. [​IMG]

Plus you can import and export to other machines.

Cliff S, Aug 6, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Ah, now I see it, I'm not a great fan of CCleaner so I never investigated further than elementary options which I use in a pinch only. I'm going to check that part now.
    CookieSpy seems to have disappeared from net.

CountMike, Aug 6, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Like you Mike, I only clean my system when something is giving me problems, myself too.
    The idea that cookies and other things are saved in Windows(and Linux distros for that matter), is to SPEED-UP the system, and not slow it down, as many of these "system cleaner" developers want to lead us to believe*Wink(as you obviously know, but this is for other users that read this thread too.)

Cliff S, Aug 6, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

Well, you see, I have an E-comerce site that stopped displaying right way, this one if you are interested KupujemProdajem | Preko milion oglasa when opening adds it doesn't display all data on it, like price and availability, just item picture. Displays just fine on IE and Edge so I figured it's cookie that somehow got confused and want to delete cookies only for that site.
    There's few other ones with problems but this one I use a lot as it deals with new and used stuff.

CountMike, Aug 6, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Try
    CookieSpy Download
    - I got plenty of results..
    Old but seems to work still.

dalchina, Aug 6, 2016
  10. CountMike New Member
    Can't get it to start download, ends up with GoDaddy site when I force DL.

CountMike, Aug 6, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    This new Translate add-on for Edge is great.:

Some parts on a page can not be translated(pics of course) or hard coded stuff, but the text gets it where it can(sometimes with funny results, (specially when translating German literally, and not the idiom).

Cliff S, Aug 6, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Developers site: CookieSpy's Blog
    Always the best way to download if possible*Wink

Cliff S, Aug 6, 2016
  13. dalchina New Member

Hmm, agree it fails.. I specifically chose Softpedia 'cos it's usually reliable. Looks like it's been methodically removed..
    Here you are..

Cookie Spy 6-0-0-2.zip

dalchina, Aug 6, 2016
  14. CountMike New Member
    Downloaded it but:

CountMike, Aug 6, 2016
  15. CountMike New Member
    Looky, looky, it's a worka. Didn't know about it.

CountMike, Aug 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Cookies, identifying and cleaning. - Similar Threads - Cookies identifying cleaning

2. clean cookies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clean cookies: how do I clean cookies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-cookies/a8215aa5-59f3-4e30-a8cd-90b2f13c1bd4
  3. clean cookies

in Cortana
    clean cookies: how do I clean cookies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-cookies/a8215aa5-59f3-4e30-a8cd-90b2f13c1bd4
  4. clean cookies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cookies

in Windows 10 Customization
    cookies: This will sound odd, But I need to make sure Technology has not advanced into the realm of SuPErFraKiNStuPiD. I need help Turning on my enabled cookies. That is correct I need help finding the Enable button to turn on the already ENABLED cookies option. Again I understand...
  6. cookies

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cookies: how to remove tracking cookies https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cookies/2b7be4fc-66fe-4e2c-9781-66fd6bcb2e43
  7. Cookies

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cookies: How to access cookies? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cookies/62017338-be01-4896-952e-01b7da9f32b8"
  8. Cookies

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cookies: How do I unblock cookies in Chrome Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cookies/c7523d58-b3f7-40e4-a4ca-58d4c61e8504
  9. cookies

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cookies: I need to enable cookies in order to read a specific text on the internet. I cannot find where, in Windows 10, to do this. The article sent to me was published in 2012 and doesn't seem to work with Windows 10. Can you please help...
  10. cookies???

in Browsers and Email
    cookies???: Running W10, (mostly) using Chrome browser. How do I delete cookies? Thanks in advance 45492