Windows 10: Cooling fan not operating correctly

Discus and support Cooling fan not operating correctly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have used this laptop for over 3 years and I have never gotten this problem but I have had to factory reset this laptop, I have optimized this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AleksiHalttunen, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Cooling fan not operating correctly

Hello, I have used this laptop for over 3 years and I have never gotten this problem but I have had to factory reset this laptop, I have optimized this laptop for my purposes. A few days ago I started to have this problem that my fan isn't operating correctly I have blown into the vents to clear any dust blocking the vent I have also grabbed my vacuum cleaner to *suck* the air out and I still have the problem. I am a teenager not knowing what to do and cannot afford a system clean up to clean the dust any other ways to help me get RID of this annoying dust in my fan?

Kind regards,

Cooling fan not operating correctly :)

:)

AleksiHalttunen, Oct 15, 2019
  2. PatMoon1 Win User

cooling fan not operating correctly

Is there a BIOS setting that would affect problem where the system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly?

PatMoon1, Oct 15, 2019
  3. cooling fan not operating correctly

I saw it in windows itself but I cant remember where..power saving advance options, not sure if that helps u but??

Jsle p wards, Oct 15, 2019
  4. S_and_S Win User

Cooling fan not operating correctly

cooling fan not operating correctly

I don't have fancy titles to impress you, but I can tell you that the cooling fans are monitored by the BIOS in older computers and the UEF in newer computers. If the BIOS or UEF detects that the cooling fans haven't started, you'll see a message to that
    effect from the BIOS or EFI, and you'll see it before Windows starts. Windows is not in control of the case fans.

I haven't had this happen to me personally, so I don't know whether a computer will pause when this happens or continue on. I'm going to guess that the computer will pause and make you press some function key if you want to continue.

The BIOS can't start a fan that hasn't started on its own, so there's really nothing that you can do except to replace the fan in question.

Some motherboards can detect the heat inside the case and vary the cooling fans' speed accordingly. (Without this control the fans always run at top speed.) A computer like that has cooling fans with an extra lead that controls the fans' speed. If you replace
    that fan with a different fan that doesn't have the extra lead, the BIOS will think that the fans haven't started and present the message. This was common in older Dell PCs.

To summarize:

1- If you see the message, and your computer doesn't have a motherboard that monitors the heat inside the case, replace the fan in question ASAP. It's a simple repair. (Proof: I did it.)

2- If you see the message, and your computer does have a motherboard that monitors the heat inside the case, replace the fan in question ASAP.

3- If you see the message, and your computer has a motherboard that monitors the heat inside the case, and you installed the wrong type of fan, then live with the message or install the right type of fan.

S_and_S, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Cooling fan not operating correctly

1. Cooling fan not operating correctly - Similar Threads - Cooling fan operating

2. Why is my cooling fan not functioning?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my cooling fan not functioning?: Hi, i've got a laptop windows10 and my cooling fan is not functioning, the first time the fan stopped working i turned off the computer for a very long while and when i turned it back ON it functioned for a couple of weeks and then stop functioning, may i some help on this...
  3. Why is my cooling fan not functioning?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my cooling fan not functioning?: Hi, i've got a laptop windows10 and my cooling fan is not functioning, the first time the fan stopped working i turned off the computer for a very long while and when i turned it back ON it functioned for a couple of weeks and then stop functioning, may i some help on this...
  4. Laptop cooling fan problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cooling fan problem: Device model - HP pavilion notebookProblem:My laptop cooling fans are not running at the same speed.Fan 1 is always over 2000rpmFan 2 is always below 300rpmIs this a problem? If yes, how should I sort it out?...
  5. Laptop cooling fan problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop cooling fan problem: Device model - HP pavilion notebookProblem:My laptop cooling fans are not running at the same speed.Fan 1 is always over 2000rpmFan 2 is always below 300rpmIs this a problem? If yes, how should I sort it out?...
  6. Cooling fan not operating correctly / Slow PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cooling fan not operating correctly / Slow PC: So yesterday I had a windows update, and after the usual restart after the installation my laptop threw me that error message when booting. The system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly: Error (90B) Now, my laptop tends to go sooo slow sometimes,...
  7. GPU and CPU cooling fans at startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPU and CPU cooling fans at startup.: Since switching to W10 pro on a new build, two months ago, the CPU and GPU fans have been running at full speed for 1-2 seconds at startup. The graphics card is about a year old RX580 8GB and the M.B. is new Gigabyte Elite X570 with an AMD 3600. Sometimes they run for 1...
  8. Cooling Fan Excessive running

Cooling Fan Excessive running: Hi, after my HP 250 Notebook (running Windows 10) received and instated the latest batch of Windows updates my cpu cooling fan begins to run as soon as I boot up. Are there any reported fan issues with the latest updates? It is really annoying now...…….....
  9. cooling fan not operating correctly

cooling fan not operating correctly: Is there a BIOS setting that would affect problem where the system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cooling-fan-not-operating-correctly/fba3c474-295a-4888-b98f-eb4da4486da8
  10. Cooling Fan starts and the stop

Cooling Fan starts and the stop: I have recently encountered the problem that my cooling fan starts for some seconds and then turns off. Due to overheating laptop shows BSOD errors like Kernel Security exception Failure, Kmode thread not handled etc. I am not getting what the exact problem is. Is it with fan...