Windows 10: Cooling Fan starts and the stop

Discus and support Cooling Fan starts and the stop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have recently encountered the problem that my cooling fan starts for some seconds and then turns off. Due to overheating laptop shows BSOD errors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PawanYadav425, Sep 8, 2018.

1. PawanYadav425 Win User

Cooling Fan starts and the stop

I have recently encountered the problem that my cooling fan starts for some seconds and then turns off. Due to overheating laptop shows BSOD errors like Kernel Security exception Failure, Kmode thread not handled etc. I am not getting what the exact problem is. Is it with fan or something else? Should I change my fan?

:)

PawanYadav425, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Cooling external Fan

Hi Paul,

For us to isolate the issue with your external fan, please provide the following information:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you tried connecting other USB external devices to your laptop? If yes, what was the result?
    • Have you tried connecting your external fan to another computer?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 8, 2018
  3. TheodoreEvans Win User
    Cooling Fan inop.

My Acer Aspire One D255E cooling fan stopped working in Windows 10. I installed a new one and still it does not turn on. What download do I need to insure the cooling fan parameters are set correctly? Thank You.

TheodoreEvans, Sep 8, 2018
  4. cyclepaul Win User

Cooling external Fan

I have connected a cooling external Fan to my Acer laptop through a USB key and I an using Windows 10 Operating system and I have received no Recognition that it is connected and I am worried if it will even work as sometimes the Laptop gets hot and
    I feel I need this extra bit of cooling ! any suggestions gratefully appreciated !!.

cyclepaul, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Cooling Fan starts and the stop - Similar Threads - Cooling Fan starts

2. reset my dell 755 64bit. Now cpu cooling fan running at full speed. Why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reset my dell 755 64bit. Now cpu cooling fan running at full speed. Why: how can I correct high speed fan problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/reset-my-dell-755-64bit-now-cpu-cooling-fan/16ff182c-d454-45e5-8ffe-6d27571ce2e1
  3. Is there somewhere full of cool themes?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there somewhere full of cool themes?: Not a fan of the built in themes. Is there a large collection of cool user generated themes somewhere? 72604
  4. Windows Smartscreen not so cool

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Smartscreen not so cool: Hi people. I have found today that I wasn't able to update Filezilla FTP client because Smartscreen kept asking me for a non existing password for my Administrator account. Clicking on the "install anyway" button did nothing. I had to completely disable Smartscreen for...
  5. fans

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    fans: antec 140mm fans run normal then slow down the speed up -- could it be because no o/s installed 66924
  6. Cool app MiniBin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cool app MiniBin: Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and it works nicely. I found this last night and saved the page for today. There is a little free program called MiniBin, you can install it and it puts a trash can in your tray. It will show empty when there is nothing in the recycle...
  7. fans at 100%

fans at 100%: restarted next morning after last windows 10 update and my fans were running at 100% till I got in to adjust to manual settings I had. Now every time I boot up till my manual settings in alienware command center kick in they run at 100%. I am always in a hurry but I think I...
  8. Back to Liquid Cooling for CPU

Back to Liquid Cooling for CPU: I had initially installed a Deepcool "Captain 120 EX" liquid cooler on my new built with an i7 6700K CPU. I got concerned about the liquid and removed it and installed a Noctua NH14S with second fan. I need a "quiet" PC as its used as my recording studio system. However, the...
  9. Video stops and starts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Video stops and starts: When I play a video from my disk drive, it stops and starts. When I drag and drop that same video from the disk drive onto my desktop and then play it from the desktop, it plays perfectly. This leads me to suspect that I have some setting wrong or that the disk drive is...
  10. Cool new feature?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cool new feature?: Dunno if I've been under a rock or what, but found this cool feature... WMP interfaced with the keyboard volume controls... [img] 3188