Windows 10: copied a 45GB folder from my phone to my laptop now the copied folder is 207TB

Discus and support copied a 45GB folder from my phone to my laptop now the copied folder is 207TB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; copied a 45GB folder from my phone to my laptop now the copied folder is 207TB and i cant view my files also every photo is now 48GB can someone help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by seans344, Oct 28, 2019.

1. seans344 Win User

copied a 45GB folder from my phone to my laptop now the copied folder is 207TB

copied a 45GB folder from my phone to my laptop now the copied folder is 207TB and i cant view my files also every photo is now 48GB can someone help

copied a 45GB folder from my phone to my laptop now the copied folder is 207TB cf0731a6-a1bd-4291-b186-5cb5a2c41205?upload=true.png copied a 45GB folder from my phone to my laptop now the copied folder is 207TB 12b8e093-a7b9-47b0-ba94-5a3e631f9cd6?upload=true.png

:)

seans344, Oct 28, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Oct 28, 2019
  4. sniperjul Win User

copying folders issue

step 1 on computer i right click desktop folder select copy

step 2 then go portable drive and paste it

result :but when i do this it copies all the files inside desktopv1 i know because i get a name conflict warning

and realize it not creating the desktop folder it actually copying the files inside desktopv1 folder

it should not do this

i expect it to copy folder (desktop} to drive

have no idea why it would ever copy the files inside a other folder that is named differently

hope you understand now

sniperjul, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

1. copied a 45GB folder from my phone to my laptop now the copied folder is 207TB - Similar Threads - copied 45GB folder

2. Copy folder from CMD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy folder from CMD: Cannot log to Windows 10 anymore, however I can access CMD and I want to copy my folders/files, I managed to copy some of them by XCOPY but I couldn’t copy these 2 folders in the photo, So how can I copy them?...
  3. Copy folder from CMD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy folder from CMD: Cannot log to Windows 10 anymore, however I can access CMD and I want to copy my folders/files, I managed to copy some of them by XCOPY but I couldn’t copy these 2 folders in the photo, So how can I copy them?...
  4. Copy folder from CMD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Exclude folders from Shadow Copy

Exclude folders from Shadow Copy: Hi,Is there any possible way to exclude certain folders from Shadow Copy? Like OneDrive folder?Certain folders, such as OneDrive is not necessary to include and take up file size in Shadow Copy, if we are able to exclude this we would be able to go further back in time within...
  6. Exclude folders from Shadow Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclude folders from Shadow Copy: Hi,Is there any possible way to exclude certain folders from Shadow Copy? Like OneDrive folder?Certain folders, such as OneDrive is not necessary to include and take up file size in Shadow Copy, if we are able to exclude this we would be able to go further back in time within...
  7. Exclude folders from Shadow Copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Folders copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes

Folders copied from my phone to my Laptop got corrupted with enormous file sizes: I cut pasted some folderscontaining pdf, photos, videos from my android phone to my laptop. But all of them got corrupted and their size increased enormously .I transfered around 16 gb data and it shows "size on disk" around 16gb but "size" is shown to be 6.52 TB. When I...
  9. My photos folder became a copy of document folder

My photos folder became a copy of document folder: Im having problem exactly like in this post but unfortunatly the answer does not solve my problem. Another clue is that under users/myname/ there is no picture folder anymore The picture folder pointing to the document folder under users/myname/documents but moving the...
  10. How to copy a folder into same folder without creating copy of folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to copy a folder into same folder without creating copy of folder?: How do I do this in Windows 10? I have a folder of files, and I want to copy the folder and all of its contents onto an external hardisk which already contains a folder of the same name, and also contains some of the files that I am now trying to copy. Prior to Windows 10, a...