Windows 10: Copied Files Are Hidden After Removing The Drive They Were Copied From

Discus and support Copied Files Are Hidden After Removing The Drive They Were Copied From in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,I am trying to move some important files from one ssd old OS drive to another ssd new OS drive, I did this by moving all the important files into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by freshcokecola, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Copied Files Are Hidden After Removing The Drive They Were Copied From

Hello,I am trying to move some important files from one ssd old OS drive to another ssd new OS drive, I did this by moving all the important files into one folder and copying the folder into a third drive that won't be removed to serve as a middle man. The copied folder appears when the old drive is plugged in but disappears once I replace the old drive with the new one. I know the files are still there because once I switch back to my old drive the copied folder reappears again and WizTree shows the copied folder even with the new drive plugged in, how do I access the folder?

:)

freshcokecola, Aug 4, 2022
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Aug 4, 2022
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Aug 4, 2022
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Copied Files Are Hidden After Removing The Drive They Were Copied From

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

Copied Files Are Hidden After Removing The Drive They Were Copied From

1. Copied Files Are Hidden After Removing The Drive They Were Copied From - Similar Threads - Copied Files Are

2. Files copying from c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files copying from c drive to d drive: Why are all my files from my c drive also being put into my d drive. Ive tried to deleting files from one drive because i assumed they'd stay installed on the other drive but anything i remove from one drive is deleted from the other drive. Because that wasn't working right i...
  3. Files copying from c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files copying from c drive to d drive: Why are all my files from my c drive also being put into my d drive. Ive tried to deleting files from one drive because i assumed they'd stay installed on the other drive but anything i remove from one drive is deleted from the other drive. Because that wasn't working right i...
  4. Copied Files Are Hidden After Removing The Drive They Were Copied From

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copied Files Are Hidden After Removing The Drive They Were Copied From: Hello,I am trying to move some important files from one ssd old OS drive to another ssd new OS drive, I did this by moving all the important files into one folder and copying the folder into a third drive that won't be removed to serve as a middle man. The copied folder...
  5. Copied Files Are Hidden After Removing The Drive They Were Copied From

Copied Files Are Hidden After Removing The Drive They Were Copied From: Hello,I am trying to move some important files from one ssd old OS drive to another ssd new OS drive, I did this by moving all the important files into one folder and copying the folder into a third drive that won't be removed to serve as a middle man. The copied folder...
  6. Copying files from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copying files from one drive to another: Hello, I am copying my useless files from my small storaged ssd to my harddrive, but when i copy over the files their sizes are 10x bigger, the files im copying is only 7.20 gb large but it's copying 70gb worth of storage to my hdd? Please give answers :) submitted by...
  7. copying files from drive a: to drive b:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copying files from drive a: to drive b:: I am using windows 10 home.I copies 1 folder from a to b.However when I compare the 2 folders it does not matchIs there a windows program to compare the 2 folders and see what is missing.Thanks very much...
  8. copying files from drive a: to drive b:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copying files from drive a: to drive b:: I am using windows 10 home.I copies 1 folder from a to b.However when I compare the 2 folders it does not matchIs there a windows program to compare the 2 folders and see what is missing.Thanks very much...
  9. copying files from drive a: to drive b:

10. Cannot copy files from external drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot copy files from external drive: A friend has a new Win 10 PC. After connecting an external drive from the old PC to the new PC we tried to copy a folder tree from the external drive to an internal drive. Most of the files copied by some generated an error dialog with the message "You'll need to provide...