Windows 10: Copied files in Computer B does not show up in Computer A

Discus and support Copied files in Computer B does not show up in Computer A in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, I have a strange problem. This is with two Win 10 computers and a 2.5in SSD I have an internal connected directly to the motherboard 2.5in SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CsabaSzilagyi2, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Copied files in Computer B does not show up in Computer A

Hi All,
    I have a strange problem. This is with two Win 10 computers and a 2.5in SSD
    I have an internal connected directly to the motherboard 2.5in SSD 1TB in Computer A with WIN10 nothing else. So it is almost empty. I took it out because I wanted to copy a lot of files from Computer B. So I attached my SSD to Computer B via USB using an external "SATA to USB" adapter. Then I copied all the files 600GB in a folder that I placed in the Root folder. Noting that the 600GB is more than half of the capacity of the SSD. It went without any problem I even tried to open a few files after the copy from Computer B. It worked well. So I put my SSD back into Computer A connected to the motherboard as it was before.
    But the folder where I copied all my files 600GB didn't show up in the root folder. Moreover, the drive seemed to be empty as it was before the whole process. I took it out again and connected it to Computer B again via USB. In computer B the folder still didn't shop up but at least it showed that the drive is occupied with something. I copied a few new files as a second attempt and put it back into Computer A again. The symptoms were exactly the same such as now folder in the root directory and no space taken. As an extra, the Windows started struggling to boot and said that it could not sign me into my account.

I have never seen anything like that before. For me, it seems that Computer B using the USB connection somehow damaged the file structure of the SSD that was originally in Computer A. So when I put it back into Computer A, it didn't work. But it did it at the second attempt again. Have you guys experienced something like that before or you know what happened in my case? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheeers,
    Csaba

:)

CsabaSzilagyi2, Nov 11, 2020

2. Help! Data partition not showing under my computer

This is happening on a windows 2000 server. Our second partition of the system, for data is not showing under my computer. Here are the properties of it in disk management:

Copied files in Computer B does not show up in Computer A partition.jpg

Now under logical drives its listed as F and shows free space available.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

Hybrid_theory, Nov 11, 2020
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Nov 11, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

Copied files in Computer B does not show up in Computer A

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Copied files in Computer B does not show up in Computer A

1. Copied files in Computer B does not show up in Computer A - Similar Threads - Copied files Computer

2. copying files from drive a: to drive b:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copying files from drive a: to drive b:: I am using windows 10 home.I copies 1 folder from a to b.However when I compare the 2 folders it does not matchIs there a windows program to compare the 2 folders and see what is missing.Thanks very much...
  3. copying files from drive a: to drive b:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copying files from drive a: to drive b:: I am using windows 10 home.I copies 1 folder from a to b.However when I compare the 2 folders it does not matchIs there a windows program to compare the 2 folders and see what is missing.Thanks very much...
  4. copying files from drive a: to drive b:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Networked computer not showing up

Networked computer not showing up: I've just installed Win10 on a small networked computer ethernet, which previously had Win7 on it. I access it most frequently from my desktop computer, also connected via ethernet. I have set up sharing on this computer, and can see, access, and write to folders on it, on...
  6. Copying game files to a different computer

Copying game files to a different computer: Is it possible to copy the downloaded game files for a game from the microsoft store onto a different computer? I currently have a game downloaded on my desktop, but I want to be able to play on my laptop aswell, and being able to simply move the files would be helpful as I...
  7. Computer does not boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer does not boot up: I had a hp 8460p laptop with specs as follows: 1) intel core i5 2nd gen ( i5-2520M) 2) 4gb ram stock( DDR3) 3) intel hd graphics 3000 (no dedicated graphics card) I had windows 7 64 bit which came preinstalled..... after few years, when the free upgrade to windows 10...
  8. My computer does not show up in the network

My computer does not show up in the network: In windows explorer under "network," all of my computers show up except for the computer I am working on. It does show up under media devices, but not as a computer, and it doesn't show up as a computer on my other computers, either. Sometimes it will show up as an...
  9. ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list

ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list: My desktop computer is connected to my router with ethernet & does not show my WiFi connected laptop computer in the file explorer network list in the left pane. The desktop computer does list itself in the network list. The laptop shows both computers in its network list....
  10. GUI for copy files from A to B that don't exist on B

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GUI for copy files from A to B that don't exist on B: Hi there while this is easy in Linux : (rsync -a -v --ingnore -existing /dir/a/ /dir/b) you need the '/' after first directory) some people prefer a GUI There's now a front end GUI for this (works on Windows too) called Grsync [img] Grsync And GAdmin-Rsync: The...