Windows 10: copied files' names from samsung to windows 10 changed/replaced with the previous file's...

Discus and support copied files' names from samsung to windows 10 changed/replaced with the previous file's... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I copied folders from my samsung tablet's sdcard to windows 10 through usb cable. I used windows explorer to copy files. Then I realized that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GokhanD1, Mar 22, 2020.

1. GokhanD1 Win User

copied files' names from samsung to windows 10 changed/replaced with the previous file's...

I copied folders from my samsung tablet's sdcard to windows 10 through usb cable. I used windows explorer to copy files.

Then I realized that the file names are not represent the actual files, in some folders file names replaced with the previous file's name and this situation affected the whole folder.

This is very hard to explain for me. To make it clear, let me give an example. Lets say there are 5 pdf files. I said pdf but the problem affected all files

FOLDER:

1.pdf instead of 1.pdf, it is a picture that I do not know where it comes

2.pdf actually, this is 1.pdf

3.pdf actually, this is 2.pdf

4.pdf actually, this is 3.pdf

5.pdfactually, this is 4.pdf

* I do not know where is the 5.pdf

In music files, although names changed as I explained above, file properties title of the song and singer represents true file.

This problem is same for all copied files from the sdcard. Unfortunately I deleted source files after checking the copied number of files. Who thinks such a problem :

Do you know what is the reason of problem and how can i fix it?

Even a file name changing program can work for me but I do not know whether there is software to replace file names with the previos one.

And one interesting question, where is the last file of the folder and where did come form the first file?

Thanks to everyone who insterested in the problem.

Kind regards

:)

GokhanD1, Mar 22, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Mar 22, 2020
  4. NinjaNife Win User

copied files' names from samsung to windows 10 changed/replaced with the previous file's...

BAT file/Script to find and replace files

Thanks for your help. Just one question.. Where do I input the file name? For instance, what would the code look like if the file I wanted to copy/replace was named "test.xml"?

NinjaNife, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

1. copied files' names from samsung to windows 10 changed/replaced with the previous file's... - Similar Threads - copied files' names

2. Files copied from previous OneDrive cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files copied from previous OneDrive cannot be opened: The contents of a OneDrive folder were copied from an older computer to the local drive of a new computer. The files are there, not shortcuts, and have various file sizes like they should but the icon has a grey x in the bottom left of the file icon and when the file is...
  3. Files copied from previous OneDrive cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files copied from previous OneDrive cannot be opened: The contents of a OneDrive folder were copied from an older computer to the local drive of a new computer. The files are there, not shortcuts, and have various file sizes like they should but the icon has a grey x in the bottom left of the file icon and when the file is...
  4. Files copied from previous OneDrive cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Renaming multiple files from a text file or copy names from other group of files

Renaming multiple files from a text file or copy names from other group of files: HiI want to rename all files on a folder with the file names from the different folder. like I have some files in "folder 1" with all deferent names. I want to rename files in "folder 2" with same names as in "folder 1"It's like copying names from one folder to anotherPlz...
  6. File Names copied from Windows File History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Names copied from Windows File History: I am setting up a new Windows 11 PC. It replaces an older Windows 10 PC. Earlier, I asked what the best method was for transferring files from the old to the new, and was advised to use File History on a removable hard drive. Turns out, that won't work, and now I've been...
  7. File Names copied from Windows File History

File Names copied from Windows File History: I am setting up a new Windows 11 PC. It replaces an older Windows 10 PC. Earlier, I asked what the best method was for transferring files from the old to the new, and was advised to use File History on a removable hard drive. Turns out, that won't work, and now I've been...
  8. accidentaly copied and replaced a file on onedrive

accidentaly copied and replaced a file on onedrive: I received an email from a colleague with an attachment. The attachment had the same name as a file that I had in my onedrive. When saved and prompted did I want to replace I agreed : I tried to look at previous versions but no info and when I restored via settings it...
  9. Skip or replace files dialog box missing while copying files with same names

Skip or replace files dialog box missing while copying files with same names: I have a very large volume of folders copied from my old XP laptop now on my Windows 10 laptop but i cant move them into the main file without them merging into the same folder because i have different files i want to keep seperate. For example if I have a folder on my...
  10. Copy folder or file names as a text file

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy folder or file names as a text file: Hi i have an extension called copy file names but doesn’t work very well, mucks up the order.... if i I use the windows option it works but I get more info than I need, I simply want the file name... are there switches Cher’s I can use to achieve this ..? thanks 135675