Windows 10: Copy a Microsoft Store game to hard drive?

Discus and support Copy a Microsoft Store game to hard drive? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Me and my brother both own Gears of War 4 on the PC. However for some ungodly reason the download is over 100gb. My internet isn't the best and it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by J0SHII23, Jun 2, 2019.

1. J0SHII23 Win User

Copy a Microsoft Store game to hard drive?

Me and my brother both own Gears of War 4 on the PC. However for some ungodly reason the download is over 100gb. My internet isn't the best and it took me a day and a half to download this game. Now what I'd normally do with literally any other game is copy it to my hard drive and then paste it onto his computer and let Steam recognize it but there isn't anyway that I can find that will allow me to copy the game to my hard drive for his computer.

Is there anything I'm missing?

Also the fact that I have to do extra work to gain access to the files on MY computer only to find that my ORGANIZATION won't let me do anything with them is ridiculous...

:)

J0SHII23, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Platibus Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Copy a Microsoft Store game to hard drive?

Microsoft Store not seeing second hard drive

To preface this issue, I have Forza Horizon 3 and all of it's DLC bought on Microsoft Store. I was playing the game perfectly fine until one day last week when the game wasn't seeing any of the DLC I had installed.

I tried many different solutions and decided that I would just try an uninstall/reinstall. However, this turned out to be the worst course of action. I tried to reinstall the game by pressing the "Install" button on the store...and nothing would happen.
    I then restarted my PC and upon clicking the "Install" button again, I would receive a drop down menu of places to install.

Now this is where the actual issue comes into play. On the drop down menu, I no longer can see my second hard drive in the list of available places to install. I had the game installed on my second hard drive before I uninstalled it. So, why can the Store no
    longer see my hard drive? No other drives have enough space to install the game to them.

As it stands at this moment, I can no longer play the game that I bought just because the Store cannot see a certain drive anymore. And before anyone asks, yes, everything else can see the second hard drive.

WilliamH13, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Copy a Microsoft Store game to hard drive?

1. Copy a Microsoft Store game to hard drive? - Similar Threads - Copy Microsoft Store

2. Copying to External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying to External Hard Drive: I try to copy files to my external hard drives, the system goes through the procedure, but when I look where the files should be, only the folders are being copied. Why am I unable to copy to external drives and how can I do this?...
  3. Microsoft store not finding secondary hard drive.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store not finding secondary hard drive.: I have a C drive and a D drive. I want to download forza 4 on my D drive but it is not showing the option to pick which one. When it asks me which drive to install it on it only gives me the c drive option.I have change all the locations in settings to d drive. I fell that I...
  4. MICROSOFT GAMES ON EXTERNAL HARD-DRIVE NOT FOUND

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MICROSOFT GAMES ON EXTERNAL HARD-DRIVE NOT FOUND: I was able to figure out how to download Microsoft Games HALO, FORZA, DOOM and install them all on and external HDD. However, when I disconnect my External HDD or shut my PC down, I am unable to later access them later. For some reason, my PC doesn't realize all downloaded...
  5. Copy one hard drive "in toto" and move to another hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy one hard drive "in toto" and move to another hard drive: I have purchased a 2 TB Samsung SSD to replace a 2 TB Toshiba HD - it is the system boot drive. What software have you successfully used to move one drive to the other - so that when I power off and remove the Toshiba HD, the system boots from the new 2 TB Samsung SSD???...
  6. Accidentally Installed a Microsoft Store game partially to wrong Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally Installed a Microsoft Store game partially to wrong Hard Drive: I am curious where the game files are installed before its fully done. I started installing sea of thieves but then I realized it was going to my C: Drive instead of my D: Drive. Its a big file, and I am hooked to Ethernet so 7 GB were downloaded before I knew I made a...
  7. Uninstalling game from Microsoft store will not free data from hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalling game from Microsoft store will not free data from hard drive: I was trying to uninstall the Master Chief collection, and now my C drive is misreporting the drive about 100gb fuller than it should be. There is nothing in softwaredistribution/download. And nothing relating to halo in windowsapps, and even if there were i cannot seem to...
  8. Full copy of a hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full copy of a hard drive?: Is it possible to make an entire copy of your Windows 10 hard drive installation with all existing programs so everything (and I do mean everything) can be transferred to a new SSD drive?...
  9. Microsoft Store not seeing second hard drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not seeing second hard drive: To preface this issue, I have Forza Horizon 3 and all of it's DLC bought on Microsoft Store. I was playing the game perfectly fine until one day last week when the game wasn't seeing any of the DLC I had installed. I tried many different solutions and decided that I would...
  10. External Hard Drive copies

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive copies: When I attach an external hard drive it displays two copies (e.g. Drive (E:)) the content is the same but when moving folders or files i have sometimes put them in different copies. I would like just one drive but how do i get rid of the copy?...