Windows 10: copy and past pdf file in microsoft edge

Discus and support copy and past pdf file in microsoft edge in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm unable to copy and paste sections of a pdf file in microsoft edge but I'm unable to. Why is this so difficult? Everything was fine when I did this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by chakapaul, Sep 9, 2018.

1. chakapaul Win User

copy and past pdf file in microsoft edge

I'm unable to copy and paste sections of a pdf file in microsoft edge but I'm unable to. Why is this so difficult? Everything was fine when I did this with the reader app. Please help.

:)

chakapaul, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Jamille Nar Win User

microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Sep 9, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Karthicka_R Win User

Microsoft Edge is not the default for PDF files

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change Microsoft edge as a default file type for .PDF files and check if it helps.

1. Click on
    Start Menu
    > Settings > System >
    Default Apps

2. Scroll down and select ‘Choose default Apps by file type‘.

3. Scroll down and look for.pdfon the left side, click on ‘Microsoft Edge‘ to select, once ‘Choose
    an app’ popup opens, select the application you want to set as default to open PDF file type, done.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. copy and past pdf file in microsoft edge - Similar Threads - copy past pdf

2. copy and paste

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy and paste: I 'use a program that uses python to control my stage lights. I am trying to get it to copy and paste channels. I can't find the path to put into the commands to get it to work. Can you help? Thanks, Brian...
  3. Copy&Paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy&Paste: Hi There, I have come across a problem with note pad that whenever i want to copy paste some thing on to notepad it always says this: Retrieving data. Wait for a few seconds, then try cutting or copying again. I have so much work left to do and this is not something i...
  4. Copy and paste

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy and paste: Sometimes I can copy and paste with microsoft word + , but when I am online other sites , I can not copy and paste . How do i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/copy-and-paste/f366024b-492b-45b7-b087-951f1226a939
  5. Copy/Paste Clipboard file types.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy/Paste Clipboard file types.: I lose transparency when copying and pasting from Photoshop to Illustrator. I believe this is because when switching applications, Photoshop exports the clipboard data to the OS clipboard, and Windows clipboard(as I understand it) only takes image data as BMP which doesn't...
  6. Typing on Microsoft Edge Pdf file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing on Microsoft Edge Pdf file: I recently bought Microsoft Surface Go. Every time I open a pdf file it opens with Microsoft Edge, although, I can use the pen and write on the document but what about if I want to type on the document? Is there an option? If not what can I do to make it accessible? Can I...
  7. Copy and paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy and paste: Why am I having trouble pasting stuff to notepad, wordpad and open office. It just prints off in one long column and in the open office I get lines and can't type into it. Help appreciated. Kerry...
  8. microsoft edge keep opening PDF files

in Browsers and Email
    microsoft edge keep opening PDF files: Yes I have done that without joy still Microsoft Edge keeps hijacking my .pdf files. [img]
  9. Microsoft Edge PDF file problems

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge PDF file problems: Typical MS I typed this message in and MS decided I was not logged in - so I logged in and lost the message - had to type it all again! Warning to you all - make a copy of your message before you submit your message. Microsoft Edge (MSE) is MS new offering in Windows 10...
  10. Copy & Paste

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy & Paste: Something just recently changed in Windows 10. I can no longer use the PASTE shortcut CRTL+V. To paste anything, I must use the right click and then click on PASTE. I generally use COPY (CRTL_C) then CRTL+V and it is done. Does anyone know how to correct this so I can use the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to copy and paste a pdf from microsoft edge