Windows 10: Copy and paste function crashed

Discus and support Copy and paste function crashed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As of late my PC doesn’t normally copy and paste. Once I try to copy something I see a path to a temporary file, saying that something has crashed. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wolfen Gam3sWolfenGam3s, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Copy and paste function crashed

As of late my PC doesn’t normally copy and paste. Once I try to copy something I see a path to a temporary file, saying that something has crashed. It is like this one: C:\Users\steam\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-08-09--20-58-52_.dmp"

Meanwhile I cannot see the copied files, only this error. I tried to restart my PC but it didn’t help. Please, any help will be appreciated.

:)

Wolfen Gam3sWolfenGam3s, Aug 23, 2018
  2. Darshan J Win User

copy/paste function is not working

Hi Sabrina,

Provide us with the information below to help you better.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?
    • Is the copy/paste functioning not working fro particular application or on whole computer?
    • How are you using copy/paste option via right click or keyboard shortcuts or via edit menu within the application?
    • Is the issue specific to a file format or all the file formats?

Suggest you to use the copy/paste using shortcuts that is Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V to copy cut and past respectively.

Also install all the pending updates on your computer, restart your computer and check if it helps.

Get back to us with the above information to help your further.

Darshan J, Aug 23, 2018
  3. COPY AND PASTE

Hi Sandra,

We need more information about your concern so that we can identify the cause of the copy and paste issue. Please provide the following:

• What browser are you using?
    • Is this issue happening with a specific website?
    We suggest trying to do the same function (Copy and Paste) using a different browser and using other website as well.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 23, 2018
  4. Copy and paste function crashed

E65 Any Copy-Paste Function?

I just got my E65 yesterday. My previous phone is the 6260 which had the copy paste function. Does E65 have this function? If not is there any way to "copy-paste"? Any suggestions. Thanks.

roma_84---01, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

Copy and paste function crashed

1. Copy and paste function crashed - Similar Threads - Copy paste function

2. Feature Suggestion: Enhanced Clipboard Functionality - Copy-Paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature Suggestion: Enhanced Clipboard Functionality - Copy-Paste: Hello Developer Community,I trust this message finds you well. I've been utilizing the copy-and-paste functionality regularly in my development workflow, and I had a suggestion that I believe could enhance user experience and efficiency.Currently, when we copy content, the...
  3. copy and paste functions not working in Windows 11 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy and paste functions not working in Windows 11 22H2: The copy and paste functions do not work after windows 11 22h2 installation. How is it possible to carry on sw development if these functions are not available.Copy and paste are not working not only in a old text editor application but also with MS Word and Notepad. I hope a...
  4. Copy and paste functions are not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Copy and paste functions are not working.: Hey there! I am having some problems trying to copy and paste anything in my computer. I just restarted it and installed Windows 10, and the functions copy and paste are not working. When I copy any text pressing Crtl+C and paste it using Crtl+V, it just paste a screenshot....
  5. Copy & Paste with RDP crashes app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy & Paste with RDP crashes app: Often, when I copy & paste to a remote desktop, regardless of app/process used, it freezes the host app and the client computer. My only solution is a band-aid, getting both systems to work again. An example case... using Virtualbox machine, if I enter the machine directly...
  6. copy/paste function not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    copy/paste function not working: The Copy Paste function is not working on my brand new computer Windows 10. Does anyone have the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copypaste-function-not-working/7c850f68-5fc4-43ed-80d8-bf1ccb6f6402
  7. copy and paste - the most basic of basic computer functions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    copy and paste - the most basic of basic computer functions: Oh mighty Microsoft - how low have you fallen now? I cannot copy and paste on the latest update of Windows 10. This is completely unacceptable. I realize many thousands of people are posting about this same problem. When will Microsoft put out a patch to fix this....
  8. Faulty copy paste function

Faulty copy paste function: I just purchased a new laptop and with it a Windows 10 program. My issue is that whenever i try to copy a folder to a specific location or even paste it there i wont get a get a paste option when i right click. It wont even let me use ctrl v. This is even more evident when...
  9. Help With Copy Paste Crash Dump

Help With Copy Paste Crash Dump: In so far just one program, VectorWorks Cad software every so often, more than not, when I try to copy & paste I get PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-10-05--15-53-49_ Anyone have info on...
  10. File Explorer - Copy/Cut and Paste function not working

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Copy/Cut and Paste function not working: Hi there, I need some help seeing at MS Support could not solve the problem. When trying to copy and paste a file from File Explorer (or Desktop), my "Paste" operations remains disabled. As if the copy operation never actually copied the file. I also noticed that when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows paste CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN

2. PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2019-08-21--23-24-17_.dmp

3. C:\Users\uejo\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2019-08-04--10-01-05_.dmp

4. product_name_unknown_crashdumpproduct_version_major_unknown-product_version_minor_unknown,
  5. product_name_unknown_crashdumpproduct_version_major_unknown-product_version_minor_unknown-2019-04-12--23-03-58_.dmp,
  6. error when copy paste c:\users\victo\appdata\local\temp\product_name_unknown_crashdumpproduct_version_major_unknown-product_version_minor_unknown-2018-11-24--10-37-22_.dmp,
  7. windows cant past C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-09--22-44-53_.dmp,
  8. \local\temp\product_name_unknown_crashdumpproduct_version_major_unknown-product_version_minor_unknown