Windows 10: Copy and Paste Images Broken on all Office 2016 Programs

Discus and support Copy and Paste Images Broken on all Office 2016 Programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have come across a strange problem with trying to copy an image into all of the office 2016 programs. When you paste an image into Word for example.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Welshnel, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Welshnel Win User

Copy and Paste Images Broken on all Office 2016 Programs

I have come across a strange problem with trying to copy an image into all of the office 2016 programs. When you paste an image into Word for example. I only get some random image/text combanation. (See image)

Copy and Paste Images Broken on all Office 2016 Programs [​IMG]

This is a problem for all users on the PC, including any new users.

I have tried uninstall Office 2016 number of times and even did it manualy following Mircosofts guide.
    I was unable to use the Microsoft tool as this was not able to find it for some reason.

The PC was upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

This seems to just be a problem with Office 2016 as I can copy images into other programs like Paint etc.

Any help or ideas for me to try will be awesome as I am really out of ideas now.

:)

Welshnel, Oct 2, 2020
  2. TeddyKT Win User

Copy/Paste between Office 2016 apps broken

Running Windows 10 pro Build 15063.205 and Office 2016 latest build. I have always, in the past, before build 15063.138 been able to select a group of cells in excel copy with Ctrl C and paste into an outlook mail with Ctrl V.

After the update to build 15063.138 it is no longer possible to copy/paste between Office 2016 apps. i.e. Excel to Outlook, Excel to Word etc.. There is no problem doing a copy/paste inside a single app i.e. Excel/excel, word/word, outlook/outlook.

When trying to copy/paste between Excel to Outlook or Word, I get a dialog box informing there was a problem and the app will be closed. Also states if there is resolution to the problem I will be informed.

Done a repair of office; not resolved.

Windows Insider team acknowledges the report of the issue. I have read other post for the same problem on the insiders hub.

Anybody have suggestion other than do an Office repair?

News Flash!!!! been on phone with Office support for a while. The problem is with Last Office update. They are escalating the issue.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

TeddyKT, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    Office 2016 programs are not grouped under Microsoft Office 2016

Hi,

To address your concern, you can compress the view of your Microsoft Office programs inside a single folder in the Start Menu. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
    • Right-click on a blank space, click New > Folder.
    • Rename the New Folder as Microsoft Office 2016 (or any name that you want).
    • Highlight all the Microsoft Office 2016 programs.
    • On your keyboard, press Ctrl + X (make sure that all programs are highlighted).
    • Double-click Microsoft Office 2016 folder (the folder that you've created).
    • On your keyboard, press Ctrl + V.
    • Wait until all the programs are moved to the new folder.
    • Check the Start Menu if the settings are saved.

Let us know the outcome after you perform steps above for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Copy and Paste Images Broken on all Office 2016 Programs

Office 365 (2016) will only Copy and Paste as Plain Text

Office apps are not allowing any text copy or paste functions to use anything other than plaintext. When I attempt to specify with Paste Special or Paste Options, Keep Text Only is the only option displayed. This occurs between and across Outlook, Word, etc. This began occurring after moving a user from the Windows 10 Build-in Desktop App version of Outlook to the O365 x86 version.

Steps performed so far:

I suspect that another program may be taking exclusive clipboard access, or that something on the Windows side is broken.

DontCopyThatFloppy, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Copy and Paste Images Broken on all Office 2016 Programs

1. Copy and Paste Images Broken on all Office 2016 Programs - Similar Threads - Copy Paste Images

2. Issue with Copying and Pasting Images on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Copying and Pasting Images on Windows: Hello,I am experiencing an issue with my Windows computer when copying and pasting images from the web. When I copy an image in JPG format from the web and try to paste it into a messaging application, the image is automatically converted to a PNG file with a large file size....
  3. Issue with Copying and Pasting Images on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Copying and Pasting Images on Windows: Hello,I am experiencing an issue with my Windows computer when copying and pasting images from the web. When I copy an image in JPG format from the web and try to paste it into a messaging application, the image is automatically converted to a PNG file with a large file size....
  4. Copy & paste Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy & paste Broken: My copy and paste is broken but only fix and cause problem WHEN i launch roblox and copy paste from there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-paste-broken/56aea240-49cc-4995-acdc-19fb13b718c3
  5. Copy & paste Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy & paste Broken: My copy and paste is broken but only fix and cause problem WHEN i launch roblox and copy paste from there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-paste-broken/56aea240-49cc-4995-acdc-19fb13b718c3
  6. Copy paste screenshots broken on latest release

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copy paste screenshots broken on latest release: So I have 2 computers, a laptop and a tower, both with windows 10 obviously, and the same problem occurs on them. The issue is that some times, more often than not, when i take a screenshot (with Win + Shift + S) I cannot paste it in my documents, even if it appears to be...
  7. Copy and Paste Images Broken on all Office 2016 Programs

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Copy and Paste Images Broken on all Office 2016 Programs: I have come across a strange problem with trying to copy an image into all of the office 2016 programs. When you paste an image into Word for example. I only get some random image/text combanation. (See image) [img] This is a problem for all users on the PC, including any...
  8. Pasting copied images to File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pasting copied images to File Explorer: Yesterday I could copy images from a browser and paste them straight to the file explorer. The assigned name consisted of random numbers and letters but the whole point is that I could copy and paste the image straight to the desired folder or any other program. I'm trying it...
  9. Copy and Paste sometimes works, but is mostly broken.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy and Paste sometimes works, but is mostly broken.: As the title states; my copy/paste feature is not working (not for files). For instance I was just trying to copy and paste a link from a browser to an application which resulted in this:...
  10. Office 2016 - Uninstall Individual Programs?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 - Uninstall Individual Programs?: I've just replaced Office 2010 with Office 2016. Office 2010 had an option to selectively install individual Office components but I can't find a way of doing this in Office 2016. Has anyone found a way of selectively configuring Office 2016 to remove some of the bloatware I...