Windows 10: copy and paste not working

Discus and support copy and paste not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I am having problem with copy and paste and I have tried most fixes. it seems that the copy function is remembering and old copy. when I highlight... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mariabianchi1, Jan 4, 2019.

1. copy and paste not working

Hi I am having problem with copy and paste and I have tried most fixes. it seems that the copy function is remembering and old copy. when I highlight new text and press copy and paste it still pastes old text. sometimes I will copy and it will paste the new text, but then go back to pasting the old pre-copied text, help.

:)

mariabianchi1, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Darshan J Win User
    copy/paste function is not working

Hi Sabrina,

Provide us with the information below to help you better.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?
    • Is the copy/paste functioning not working fro particular application or on whole computer?
    • How are you using copy/paste option via right click or keyboard shortcuts or via edit menu within the application?
    • Is the issue specific to a file format or all the file formats?

Suggest you to use the copy/paste using shortcuts that is Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V to copy cut and past respectively.

Also install all the pending updates on your computer, restart your computer and check if it helps.

Get back to us with the above information to help your further.

Darshan J, Jan 4, 2019
  4. copy and paste not working

COPY AND PASTE

Hi Sandra,

We need more information about your concern so that we can identify the cause of the copy and paste issue. Please provide the following:

• What browser are you using?
    • Is this issue happening with a specific website?
    We suggest trying to do the same function (Copy and Paste) using a different browser and using other website as well.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

copy and paste not working

1. copy and paste not working - Similar Threads - copy paste working

2. copy past doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy past doesn't work: Iam facing a problem with no fix i can't copt past till restartthats my latest update and its been existed for the last 2 or 3 upates i think https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-past-doesnt-work/b5ce267a-51a7-4bda-9625-a61ca33e734f
  3. copy paste shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy paste shortcuts not working: Hey, Recently my copy paste shortcuts stopped working, but only on my desktop and in the file explorer. In all other apps they are still working and when I rightclick on a file, then I can copy it manually and it is working. But the shprtcuts doesnt even show up right next...
  4. Cut, Copy, and Paste not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cut, Copy, and Paste not working: Asking a question about my son's Lenovo laptop. Cut, Copy, and paste not working. Other hotkey combos that I know appear to be working correctly. This is an issue in Google docs, Word, Notepad, and other programs. I can access his clipboard with CTRL + V and see the...
  5. Copy & Paste not working correctly it pastes a previous copied text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy & Paste not working correctly it pastes a previous copied text: This is very annoying! I could fairly say that 1/3 of the time Copy & Paste are not working correctly. It pastes a previous copied text. I did a reboot and i tried several copy/paste methods and it's still doing it. It's been like this for the past 4 days. Let's say...
  6. Copy & paste on MS Works

Copy & paste on MS Works: My MS brand mouse used to copy & paste on MS Works, but no longer does. It does work on other data bases. I do not use MS Office. I am 66, and therefore tech-retarded, but I have been using several computers since 2002. It is very tedious to enter the same data over and over...
  7. Copy Paste not working.

Copy Paste not working.: HI, I am unable to copy paste in any document or anywhere in windows. Both via a mouse or keyboard shortcuts, The copy option is there. But the paste option is grayed out. Once data is copied both options are greyed out. If i restart my laptop. Copy paste works fine but...
  8. Copy and paste stopped working.

Copy and paste stopped working.: How do I restore copy and paste? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-and-paste-stopped-working/c71b8ed0-25c4-4cf9-926c-7833021c0eb1
  9. Copy and Paste Not Working

Copy and Paste Not Working: I am trying to copy and paste any where in windows. and I get this when I paste, C:\Users\paulc\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-12-03--06-31-25_.dmp...
  10. Copy and paste not working

Copy and paste not working: Whenever i try to copy and paste something when i paste it pastes this file directory "C:\Users\jlang\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-05--17-34-56_.dmp" im not really sure what to do. that...