Windows 10: Copy and paste stopped working.

Discus and support Copy and paste stopped working. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I restore copy and paste? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-and-paste-stopped-working/c71b8ed0-25c4-4cf9-926c-7833021c0eb1 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DebbieZink, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Copy and paste stopped working.

How do I restore copy and paste?

:)

DebbieZink, Feb 6, 2020
  2. bluebird Win User

Windows 10 copy and paste is not working. It stopped working

Thanks for the suggestion, Bree. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to help in this case. Maybe "corruption" is the wrong word for what's happening to the clipboard. Maybe "captured" - eg. by the remote session - is a more accurate way of describing what's going on. Further experimenting appears to have revealed that I'm still able to copy and paste within each remote session, but not between sessions or between a session and my physical workstation. Annoyingly, however, once it stops working I can't copy (or paste) anything at all on my physical workstation - eg. even within Notepad or Word, etc.

bluebird, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Copy and Paste stop working

I need help the Copy and Paste functions stop working.

Yaissa Acosta, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Copy and paste stopped working.

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Copy and paste stopped working.

1. Copy and paste stopped working. - Similar Threads - Copy paste stopped

2. copy past doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy past doesn't work: Iam facing a problem with no fix i can't copt past till restartthats my latest update and its been existed for the last 2 or 3 upates i think https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-past-doesnt-work/b5ce267a-51a7-4bda-9625-a61ca33e734f
  3. Cut, Copy, and Paste not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cut, Copy, and Paste not working: Asking a question about my son's Lenovo laptop. Cut, Copy, and paste not working. Other hotkey combos that I know appear to be working correctly. This is an issue in Google docs, Word, Notepad, and other programs. I can access his clipboard with CTRL + V and see the...
  4. Copy & Paste not working correctly it pastes a previous copied text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy & Paste not working correctly it pastes a previous copied text: This is very annoying! I could fairly say that 1/3 of the time Copy & Paste are not working correctly. It pastes a previous copied text. I did a reboot and i tried several copy/paste methods and it's still doing it. It's been like this for the past 4 days. Let's say...
  5. Copy Paste not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy Paste not working.: HI, I am unable to copy paste in any document or anywhere in windows. Both via a mouse or keyboard shortcuts, The copy option is there. But the paste option is grayed out. Once data is copied both options are greyed out. If i restart my laptop. Copy paste works fine but...
  6. copy paste stopped working with wireless mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    copy paste stopped working with wireless mouse: copy paste stopped working with wireless mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-paste-stopped-working-with-wireless-mouse/d29ea1a3-62c5-4c3a-86f9-5fbe0ec43895
  7. copy and paste not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    copy and paste not working: Hi I am having problem with copy and paste and I have tried most fixes. it seems that the copy function is remembering and old copy. when I highlight new text and press copy and paste it still pastes old text. sometimes I will copy and it will paste the new text, but then go...
  8. Copy and Paste Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy and Paste Not Working: I am trying to copy and paste any where in windows. and I get this when I paste, C:\Users\paulc\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-12-03--06-31-25_.dmp...
  9. Copy and paste not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy and paste not working: Whenever i try to copy and paste something when i paste it pastes this file directory "C:\Users\jlang\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-05--17-34-56_.dmp" im not really sure what to do. that...
  10. Windows 10 copy and paste is not working. It stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 copy and paste is not working. It stopped working: Hi, I am using Windows 10 with all the latest updates. Copy and Paste has stopped working. I am not able to copy and paste from anywhere e.g. In Notepad highlight a line and copy it and paste it. It will not paste anymore. In PyCharm as well, Notepad++, Word etc. I...