Windows 10: copy and paste - the most basic of basic computer functions

Discus and support copy and paste - the most basic of basic computer functions in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Oh mighty Microsoft - how low have you fallen now? I cannot copy and paste on the latest update of Windows 10. This is completely unacceptable. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RichardIreland1, Mar 8, 2019.

1. copy and paste - the most basic of basic computer functions

Oh mighty Microsoft - how low have you fallen now?

I cannot copy and paste on the latest update of Windows 10. This is completely unacceptable.

I realize many thousands of people are posting about this same problem. When will Microsoft put out a patch to fix this.

:)

RichardIreland1, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Darshan J Win User

copy/paste function is not working

Hi Sabrina,

Provide us with the information below to help you better.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?
    • Is the copy/paste functioning not working fro particular application or on whole computer?
    • How are you using copy/paste option via right click or keyboard shortcuts or via edit menu within the application?
    • Is the issue specific to a file format or all the file formats?

Suggest you to use the copy/paste using shortcuts that is Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V to copy cut and past respectively.

Also install all the pending updates on your computer, restart your computer and check if it helps.

Get back to us with the above information to help your further.

Darshan J, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Pendergo Win User
    Basic software functions

Hi Sean,

I see what issue you are facing and will try to explain it as simple as possible. When you copy something this gets saved into your clipboard. You can then paste whatever was in the clipboard and your computer will copy this into your program. The basic
    clipboard has space for only one thing to be copied at a time, this means if you copy something else whatever was in your clipboard before will go away.

To answer your question about clearing the clipboard this is not required. When you want to copy something else your computer will do the work for you and clear what was in the clipboard before and replace this with the new item you just copied.

At the moment Windows does not give a way to see what is currently on saved on the clipboard. If you would like this functionality, programs such as ClipDiary can do this. They need to be installed first. If you would like to give this a try the link to
    their website is: Take full control over your clipboard history. However, if you are using new versions of Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) they give you the ability to see what is inside the clipboard. If you use these and are interested you can use this link: Copy and paste using the Office Clipboard.

I hope I have explained everything clearly enough and please don't hesitate to reply if you would like some clarification.

Sam.

Pendergo, Mar 8, 2019
  4. copy and paste - the most basic of basic computer functions

COPY AND PASTE

Hi Sandra,

We need more information about your concern so that we can identify the cause of the copy and paste issue. Please provide the following:

• What browser are you using?
    • Is this issue happening with a specific website?
    We suggest trying to do the same function (Copy and Paste) using a different browser and using other website as well.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

copy and paste - the most basic of basic computer functions

1. copy and paste - the most basic of basic computer functions - Similar Threads - copy paste basic

2. Your Smartphone basic functions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Smartphone basic functions: Hey dear developers, hello fellow nerds in the microverse,since some time im more and more working on my smartphone, for example noting thoughts i have, doing some "pre-research" and am then looking for basic functions to transfer my work from Phone to Pc. Wanting to do that,...
  3. Your Smartphone basic functions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Smartphone basic functions: Hey dear developers, hello fellow nerds in the microverse,since some time im more and more working on my smartphone, for example noting thoughts i have, doing some "pre-research" and am then looking for basic functions to transfer my work from Phone to Pc. Wanting to do that,...
  4. Basic Defender function

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Basic Defender function: I use Windows Defender as my virus and malware scanner and remover. Every now and I then I see a red shield with a white x over one corner of the larger Defender shield obviously indocating a threat has been detected. When I left-click on the Defender icon, it opens the...
  5. Cortana can't perform basic functions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana can't perform basic functions.: I'm trying to use Cortana to open apps, set reminders and things like that. She's advertised to be able to do all of that by Microsoft. However, whenever I try to, say, open an app, I get the response "Sorry, but I'm not equipped to do that at the moment". It's either that or...
  6. Computer is basically stuffed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is basically stuffed: Hello, my computer recently has stopped working essentially, it started after i downloaded 3 srs audio files, my pc was fine for a few more days but when i logged on 3 days after i downloaded the files, the sound wasnt working and i cant open photos from my files, use cortana...
  7. MS MAIL Basic Questions, Please (COPY and PASTE Questions)

in Browsers and Email
    MS MAIL Basic Questions, Please (COPY and PASTE Questions): Hi folks. Thanks for previous help. Using W10 Trying to learn how to use MS Mail. Sure is a 'convoluted" program. a. I would like to select a line or two in an eMail I received, and paste it to another document, or save it on the desktop perhaps. I don't want to use the...
  8. basic copy/paste operation

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    basic copy/paste operation: This applies to any Windows 10 computer. I am reluctantly upgrading my online stuff, and most day to day computing, to a Windows 10 computer. One of the better things I discovered on Windows 7 was, for a copy file operation “there is already a file with the same name in this...
  9. Basically a Useless Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Basically a Useless Computer: I Bought a new comupter and basically I installed something on the AMD website which caused some errors. I was able to fix it but when I restarted apparently a file got corrupted. I have tried everything. And I mean everything to fix this. I can't boot windows. I can even...
  10. Changing Basic Trackpad Functions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Basic Trackpad Functions: I just got my Huawei Matebook X pro and am wondering if there is a way to make the whole touchpad left-click? Currently only the left side left clicks and the right does a right click. If possible I just want to left click with the whole touch pad and two finger tap for...