Windows 10: Copy and paste

Discus and support Copy and paste in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why am I having trouble pasting stuff to notepad, wordpad and open office. It just prints off in one long column and in the open office I get lines and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KerryIrwin1, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Copy and paste

Why am I having trouble pasting stuff to notepad, wordpad and open office. It just prints off in one long column and in the open office I get lines and can't type into it. Help appreciated.

Kerry

:)

KerryIrwin1, Aug 25, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Aug 25, 2018
  3. COPY AND PASTE

Hi Sandra,

We need more information about your concern so that we can identify the cause of the copy and paste issue. Please provide the following:

• What browser are you using?
    • Is this issue happening with a specific website?
    We suggest trying to do the same function (Copy and Paste) using a different browser and using other website as well.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Copy and paste

Copy and Paste

We would also like to know if you are experiencing this within a specific browser.

To further identify the cause of the issue, we suggest performing a clean boot to check if there are any startup programs that could be conflicting with the copy and paste function. For steps on how to perform a clean boot, click
    here.

We also suggest starting the PC in safe mode and try to copy and paste from a browser. Steps can be found
    here.

We look forward to your response.

Patricia Yu, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Copy and paste

1. Copy and paste - Similar Threads - Copy paste

2. Improving Copy/Paste for Devs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Improving Copy/Paste for Devs: An Article from Digital Trends:Windows 11 just took copying and pasting to the next levelStory by Judy SanhzIt’s not often that we get innovation in something as basic as copy and paste. But in a new update to Windows 11, copying and pasting is getting supercharged with AI —...
  3. Improving Copy/Paste for Devs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Improving Copy/Paste for Devs: An Article from Digital Trends:Windows 11 just took copying and pasting to the next levelStory by Judy SanhzIt’s not often that we get innovation in something as basic as copy and paste. But in a new update to Windows 11, copying and pasting is getting supercharged with AI —...
  4. Windows 11 Latest Bug - File Copy and Paste from Shared Path to Local Path Not Retaining...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Latest Bug - File Copy and Paste from Shared Path to Local Path Not Retaining...: Windows 11 Latest Bug - File Copy and Paste from Shared Path to Local Path Not Retaining the Actual Date of the file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-latest-bug-file-copy-and-paste-from/9ef56112-95af-4fcb-87e2-567a832d04ae
  5. Windows 11 Latest Bug - File Copy and Paste from Shared Path to Local Path Not Retaining...

Windows 11 Latest Bug - File Copy and Paste from Shared Path to Local Path Not Retaining...: Windows 11 Latest Bug - File Copy and Paste from Shared Path to Local Path Not Retaining the Actual Date of the file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-latest-bug-file-copy-and-paste-from/9ef56112-95af-4fcb-87e2-567a832d04ae
  6. Cross device copy and paste is not working Along with other features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cross device copy and paste is not working Along with other features.: I was trying to use cross-device copy and paste but it wasn't working. On the phone I had before, which was an S10 It allowed me to copy and paste From my phone to my P C and vice versa. Along with other features like being able to see what was on my phone screen, interact...
  7. Cross device copy and paste is not working Along with other features.

Cross device copy and paste is not working Along with other features.: I was trying to use cross-device copy and paste but it wasn't working. On the phone I had before, which was an S10 It allowed me to copy and paste From my phone to my P C and vice versa. Along with other features like being able to see what was on my phone screen, interact...
  8. my keyboard is not making the <> sign ı dont wanna copy paste everytime my keyboard is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard is not making the <> sign ı dont wanna copy paste everytime my keyboard is...: help me guys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-not-making-the-sign-%C4%B1-dont/72e38ebb-5612-4a5c-9b5f-84034967a6d6
  9. my keyboard is not making the <> sign ı dont wanna copy paste everytime my keyboard is...

my keyboard is not making the <> sign ı dont wanna copy paste everytime my keyboard is...: help me guys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-not-making-the-sign-%C4%B1-dont/72e38ebb-5612-4a5c-9b5f-84034967a6d6
  10. my keyboard is not making the <> sign ı dont wanna copy paste everytime my keyboard is...

my keyboard is not making the <> sign ı dont wanna copy paste everytime my keyboard is...: help me guys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-is-not-making-the-sign-%C4%B1-dont/43e3f909-7ca3-4bab-a3b4-426e126222fe

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pasting c:\users\btrac\appdata\local\temp\product_name_unknown_crashdumpproduct_version_major_unknown-product_version_minor_unknown-2018-11-26--16-38-28_.dmp

2. windows 10 clipboard paste crash dump unknown program