Windows 10: Copy and Rename Folder Multiple Times

Discus and support Copy and Rename Folder Multiple Times in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I work for a homebuilder and need to create multiple folders for each lot that we sell. With 200+ units, is there a quick way to duplicate this folder,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ryan Jackson rjackson, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Copy and Rename Folder Multiple Times

I work for a homebuilder and need to create multiple folders for each lot that we sell. With 200+ units, is there a quick way to duplicate this folder, and rename the copies? There has to be a more efficient way of doing this besides manually pasting and renaming each individual folder.The units are in sequential order ie. Unit 1, Unit 2, etc. without skipping any numbers.Thanks for the help!

:)

Ryan Jackson rjackson, Feb 8, 2022

2. Help with .bat to Copy and Rename to the same dir?

Hi guys,

Me and a friend is playing a prank on another friend, and this is pretty harmless, just a "friendly" reminder to him ^^

So, basically, the title explains it mostly, but I will go into detail.

What I need is a .bat that will create multiple .txt files in one directory. They must have some text in them.

That or copy an existing .txt file, and rename the multiple copies.

Like so:

Copy multiple instances of filename.txt from C:/ to C:/folder/ and rename them so none of them gets deleted.

Or

Create filename.txt in C:/folder/ and make multiple copies of it, and rename them so none of them gets deleted.

Hopefully this will make sense ^^

Thanks in advance,
    Val

Valenciente, Feb 8, 2022
  3. Can't rename folder.

Thank you for following the steps. What we can try is using the Command Prompt to rename the folder. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type "command prompt".
    • Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter this command: cd /X: (X represents the drive where the folder is).
    • Copy and paste this command after entering the first one: icacls * /T /Q /C /RESET.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows

Dennis Mop, Feb 8, 2022
  4. Copy and Rename Folder Multiple Times

files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 8, 2022
Thema:

Copy and Rename Folder Multiple Times

1. Copy and Rename Folder Multiple Times - Similar Threads - Copy Rename Folder

2. Rename multiple files in entire folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rename multiple files in entire folder: Hello, I have problem with renaming entire folder of photos in windows 11, when I select all and give the first file a name then I hit enter, it gives every two files same exact name until it reaches to file No. 4 then starts to give different for each one, but it should give...
  3. Rename multiple files in entire folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rename multiple files in entire folder: Hello, I have problem with renaming entire folder of photos in windows 11, when I select all and give the first file a name then I hit enter, it gives every two files same exact name until it reaches to file No. 4 then starts to give different for each one, but it should give...
  4. Copy and Rename Folder Multiple Times

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy and Rename Folder Multiple Times: I work for a homebuilder and need to create multiple folders for each lot that we sell. With 200+ units, is there a quick way to duplicate this folder, and rename the copies? There has to be a more efficient way of doing this besides manually pasting and renaming each...
  5. Copy and Rename Folder Multiple Times

Copy and Rename Folder Multiple Times: I work for a homebuilder and need to create multiple folders for each lot that we sell. With 200+ units, is there a quick way to duplicate this folder, and rename the copies? There has to be a more efficient way of doing this besides manually pasting and renaming each...
  6. Windows 11 Copy Multiple Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Copy Multiple Folders: Hello All,I'm trying to copy multiple folders from one drive to another, however, I've only been able to copy a single folder at at time. There is a parent folders with many subfolders. I expected that I could just copy the parent folder and that all the subfolders would be...
  7. Windows 11 Copy Multiple Folders

Windows 11 Copy Multiple Folders: Hello All,I'm trying to copy multiple folders from one drive to another, however, I've only been able to copy a single folder at at time. There is a parent folders with many subfolders. I expected that I could just copy the parent folder and that all the subfolders would be...
  8. Unable to Rename/copy/move Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Rename/copy/move Folder in Windows 10: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home Single Language version 20H2. I am not able to rename/copy/move any folders since last 1 month. Screenshot of the error is as below. Anyone having these issues? If so is their a fix? Thanks for the help. [ATTACH]...
  9. Copy multiple folders content to another folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copy multiple folders content to another folder: I need to copy the content of aprox 500 folders to another folder (I want to have all in the same folder). Is there any way to do it with a program or commands? I dont want to do it manually because it would take a lot of time. Thank you! submitted by /u/Armenthius [link]...
  10. Multiple Folders not copying and Pasting.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple Folders not copying and Pasting.: I just updated to Windows 10 PRO Build 18363.592 Version 1909. When I try to copy 4 or 5 folders from one location to the other, nothing happens. I have to copy one folder at the time. This is very annoying. Is there any fix for this? Thanks...