Windows 10: Copy bar progress

Discus and support Copy bar progress in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good Morning!I wonder if someone could please help me. When copying/backing up large folders, sometimes the process takes an hour or more due to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveGaryUK, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Copy bar progress

Good Morning!I wonder if someone could please help me. When copying/backing up large folders, sometimes the process takes an hour or more due to the number of files being copied. However, sometimes the progress indicator gets to 99% before closing/finishing and other times it will show 100% for a split second before the box closes. All the files seem to copy ok and there are never any error messages, I just wondered if anybody had any idea why this might be?ThanksSteve

:)

SteveGaryUK, Feb 13, 2022

2. Progress Bar

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

I can not see any progress in task bar such as download progress, Copy progress and etc.

As can be see in the pic, I copy a file in a new direction but the green progress does not display in the taskbar.

Copy bar progress 628867a7-ac6f-43f2-8a1e-720d9bef2ae8?upload=true.jpg

Alireza.Sh, Feb 13, 2022
  3. Progress Bars Freezing

Hi. I've been experiencing an issue where progress bars freeze. This does not happen all the time, and it seems to only happen when the progress bar window is minimized or another window covers it up. So far I've noticed it in windows explorer when transferring files from laptop to an external hard drive. The progress bar will just get stuck on some random percentage and will not change. The files are still copying normally. When the file copy has complete, the progress bar window remains open and is still frozen at the same point in which it got stuck at. The only way to get rid of it is to click on cancel or the X close button. Once you do this, if you try to transfer more files, the progress bar window won't even appear. Restarting windows fixes the issue.

I've also noticed this just now with a 3rd party program. I was encoding a video and it was going to take about 20 minutes so i just minimized the window to keep it out of the way. The progress bar was at 2% when I minimized the window and it got frozen on 2%. The program continued to complete it's task (in this case encoding a video) perfectly normal, just the progress bar was not working. The only way I was able to determine when the encode had finished was by opening task manager and monitoring the CPU usage. Upon completion the program would not respond when I clicked on the "X" close button. I had to use task manager "end task" to close the program. After that I reopened the same program and tried encoding another video just to see if the progress bar would work and it did.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a known issue? Is there a fix? Thanks.

Ver. 20H2 Build 19042.928

The Creator, Feb 13, 2022
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Copy bar progress

Copying down file folders with names and growing dates

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create multiple folders of same name with progressive dates, I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you.

• Open File Explorer and navigate to the location where you want the folders to be created.
    • On the address bar, where the folder path is displayed, erase the folder path and type
      CMD to open a Command Prompt window.
    • Once the Command Prompt window opens, copy paste the following command and hit Enter:

for %d in (2019.6.17 Job Progress Pics, 2019.6.18 Job Progress Pics, 2019.6.19 Job Progress Pics, 2019.6.20 Job Progress Pics, etc) do mkdir %d

Note:

Replace ‘etc’ with rest of the dates for the month. (Eg: ‘2019.6.X Job Progress Pics’ where X is the date)

• Exit Command Prompt and see if multiple folders are created with the progressive dates on the preferred location.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 13, 2022
Thema:

Copy bar progress

1. Copy bar progress - Similar Threads - Copy bar progress

2. No progress bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No progress bar: Hello everyone,I’m currently resetting my computer and I chose the delete all optionthe pc turns off and goes into a black screen then my monitor goes into power saving mode and when I try to turn it on to check what the reset percentage is at it just turns off and says power...
  3. No progress bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No progress bar: Hello everyone,I’m currently resetting my computer and I chose the delete all optionthe pc turns off and goes into a black screen then my monitor goes into power saving mode and when I try to turn it on to check what the reset percentage is at it just turns off and says power...
  4. No progress bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Copy bar progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy bar progress: Good Morning!I wonder if someone could please help me. When copying/backing up large folders, sometimes the process takes an hour or more due to the number of files being copied. However, sometimes the progress indicator gets to 99% before closing/finishing and other times it...
  6. Copy bar progress

Copy bar progress: Good Morning!I wonder if someone could please help me. When copying/backing up large folders, sometimes the process takes an hour or more due to the number of files being copied. However, sometimes the progress indicator gets to 99% before closing/finishing and other times it...
  7. Copy & Paste Query progress bar % issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy & Paste Query progress bar % issue: Hello Community,Many thanks for taking the time to read my query and sorry for having to ask such a question.SetupI am running a few laptops Dell Inspiron 15 3581 and a Lenovo Ideapad 330S both running Windows 10 with all latest updates. I also have an external HDD which is...
  8. Copy & Paste Query progress bar % issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy & Paste Query progress bar % issue: Hello Community,Many thanks for taking the time to read my query and sorry for having to ask such a question.SetupI am running a few laptops Dell Inspiron 15 3581 and a Lenovo Ideapad 330S both running Windows 10 with all latest updates. I also have an external HDD which is...
  9. Copy & Paste Query progress bar % issue

10. File Copy/Delete Progress bar in individual dialog boxes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Copy/Delete Progress bar in individual dialog boxes: I am trying to improve my workflow and I cannot find the adjustment to a setting that I'm relatively sure exists because I'm pretty sure I've used it before. When copying, deleting, etc. two large files or groups of files, a dialog box appears showing the progress. It says "2...