Windows 10: Copy bootmgr to C:\

Discus and support Copy bootmgr to C:\ in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Some of you may remember my tutorial on this subject from the sevenforums tutorial section. I have just tested this tutorial for Windows 10TP and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by whs, Apr 6, 2015.

1. WHS
    whs Win User

Copy bootmgr to C:\

Some of you may remember my tutorial on this subject from the sevenforums tutorial section. I have just tested this tutorial for Windows 10TP and it works here too. You may be asked to download a later version of EasyBCD. I recommend you use that. You will also be prompted to download Windows Net Framework which EasyBCD needs.

Copying the bootmgr to C may be practical at times. E.g. if you want to make an image of the system but the bootmgr is sitting on the recovery partition (e.g. on some Dell systems) which you don't want to image. Another case can be when the system partition is corrupted but the bootmgr is still intact. A couple of days ago we fixed such a problem with this tutorial.

:)

Thema:

Copy bootmgr to C:\

1. Copy bootmgr to C:\ - Similar Threads - Copy bootmgr

2. Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark: I use Windows 11. Recently when I use Snipping Tool to copy, the background of the copied image or text will turn dark. This results in the copied objects with dark background pasted on Words or Excel. I tried to change Settings. It won't work. Please help....
  3. Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark: I use Windows 11. Recently when I use Snipping Tool to copy, the background of the copied image or text will turn dark. This results in the copied objects with dark background pasted on Words or Excel. I tried to change Settings. It won't work. Please help....
  4. Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...: Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually trying to copy one page of text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-basic-clipboard-issue-not-all/1819b887-2636-4cea-a01a-00473acb481a
  5. Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...

Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...: Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually trying to copy one page of text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-basic-clipboard-issue-not-all/1819b887-2636-4cea-a01a-00473acb481a
  6. Windows 10 basic clipboard issue not all highlighted text is copied to clipboard usually...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?: Hi,i had a large copy job running, copying data from my local disc to a server via SMB. Over night "MoUsoCoreWorker.exe", which i believe is part of Windows Update, restarted the machine, aborting my copy job, and leaving me with a bunch of missing or unfinished files on the...
  8. Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?

Why does Windows Update restart my machine while it's copying files ?: Hi,i had a large copy job running, copying data from my local disc to a server via SMB. Over night "MoUsoCoreWorker.exe", which i believe is part of Windows Update, restarted the machine, aborting my copy job, and leaving me with a bunch of missing or unfinished files on the...
  9. Will "Bootmgr - Copy to C:\ with EasyBCD" with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will "Bootmgr - Copy to C:\ with EasyBCD" with Windows 10: Will easy BCD work with windows 10 ? I'm trying to clone my new hard drive to a new 6 Tb Toshiba I've just acquired. Last time I migrated to a larger hard drive I used a USB to Dual Sata HDD docking station(with offline clone). This thread from old W7 Forums seems just as...
  10. Two copies of BOOTMGR???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two copies of BOOTMGR???: Hi I have a simple question which I hope has a simple answer but since it involves BOOTMGR I somehow suspect its not quite so simple as I hope. I have Windows 10 Pro and for some time I've been a little puzzled by the fact that I have a copy of BOOTMGR in both my...