Windows 10: Copy certain multiple files from subfolders to single folder

Discus and support Copy certain multiple files from subfolders to single folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I am looking for a way that I can copy DNG files from subfolders which also contain JPG, CR2 and XMP files all into one another folder.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Marco.Va, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Marco.Va Win User

Copy certain multiple files from subfolders to single folder

Hi everyone!
    I am looking for a way that I can copy DNG files from subfolders which also contain JPG, CR2 and XMP files all into one another folder. The CR2 and XMP will be wiped out with two DEL /S command, the JPG should stay where they are (they are the files to deliver to my clients), but the DNG should move into a single folder which i'm using for backup. I'm searching a way to do it without having to actually go into each subfolder and perform a drag and drop.

The directory structure is always the same:

mother dir
    |_0 to fix ------------- jobs done but still to fix
    | |____04 client4 (*.CR2, *.XMP, *.JPG and *.DNG files)
    | |____05 client5 (*.CR2, *.XMP, *.JPG and *.DNG files)

|
    |___00 delivered ----- jobs that are fixed and delivered
    | |____01 client1 (only *.JPG files)
    | |____02 client2 (*.JPG files)
    |

|_03 client3 ---------- job fixed but still not delivered (only *.JPG files)
    |

|_working (only *.DNG files)

i thought to do something like FOR /R %X in ("o to fix\*\*.DNG) DO COPY %X working but it doesn't work because it won't search into the subfolders for DNG files...
    Is there something i'm missing? can anyone please help?

Thank you in advance!

Marco.

:)

Marco.Va, Oct 28, 2019

2. Copying contents of multiple folders to a location

There are many ways to do this. Here is an easy command-line option.

Copy Multiple Files from Subfolders to Single Folder - Microsoft Community :
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/copy-multiple-files-from-subfolders-to-single/60375efe-426b-42b8-8048-30a7d94847c6?page=1

[Using Search] If you need to do this using GUI, do a search for all files (*.*) from the from the parent folder (and search all sub directories). From the search results, select all files, right-click and choose "Cut". Open the destination folder where
    you want to move all files to, right-click and choose Paste. But files that aren't indexed wouldn't be listed/copied... that's one thing
    you need to watch out for.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 28, 2019
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Copy certain multiple files from subfolders to single folder - Similar Threads - Copy certain multiple

2. How to copy certain files from multiple HDD to one HDD in NAS?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to copy certain files from multiple HDD to one HDD in NAS?: Is it possible to have hard drives in a NAS to copy only certain files from multiple hard drives in my computer automatically, whether this is set as a weekly routine or if I instigate when it happens?...
  3. How to copy certain files from multiple HDD to one HDD in NAS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to copy certain files from multiple HDD to one HDD in NAS?: Is it possible to have hard drives in a NAS to copy only certain files from multiple hard drives in my computer automatically, whether this is set as a weekly routine or if I instigate when it happens?...
  4. How to copy certain files from multiple HDD to one HDD in NAS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing folder view of multiple folders and subfolders not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing folder view of multiple folders and subfolders not working: I have a bunch of folders that are setup in the following way:Main folder >subfolder >subfolder >file.jpg >file.jpg >file.jpg >subfolder >subfolder >file.jpg >file.jpg >file.jpgEtc.I am trying to get window to show the folders with the jpg files as picture folders. When I try...
  6. Changing folder view of multiple folders and subfolders not working

Changing folder view of multiple folders and subfolders not working: I have a bunch of folders that are setup in the following way:Main folder >subfolder >subfolder >file.jpg >file.jpg >file.jpg >subfolder >subfolder >file.jpg >file.jpg >file.jpgEtc.I am trying to get window to show the folders with the jpg files as picture folders. When I try...
  7. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  8. Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder

Creating the same subfolder in multiple folders and moving the contents into that subfolder: HiI don't know how to explain this clearly but I have many project folders let's name them A, B, C, .....etc.Inside each of them are multiple files and subfolders.I want to make a subfolder named "Design" into each project file and move all the contents of the project folder...
  9. Cutting and pasting multiple subfolders into multiple other subfolders

Cutting and pasting multiple subfolders into multiple other subfolders: Hello, I have a directory in the File Explorer set up like: C:\Users\asmith\OneDrive\Employees\ In this folder Employees are 200 subfolders labeled by name. In each of those 200 subfolders there are another 6 subfolders: Payments Reports 2021 Indirect Payments...
  10. How to copy only images files from different subfolders and keep the tree of subfolders as...

How to copy only images files from different subfolders and keep the tree of subfolders as...: I have a folder containing 3d Objects with their thumbs, and I want only to copy thumbs to a different path but with keeping the subfolder pathes, is there any way I can do that? Note that this file has big size that I cannot duplicate it to my HD and delete the 3D files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft print to pdf multiple folders into one