Windows 10: copy command in an unattend file to just copy shortcuts to the desktop

Discus and support copy command in an unattend file to just copy shortcuts to the desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All, I have created a new image for our laptops that we are deploying out. In this new image I would like to copy two shortcuts to the local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jcrod73, Jun 10, 2021.

1. jcrod73 Win User

copy command in an unattend file to just copy shortcuts to the desktop

Hello All, I have created a new image for our laptops that we are deploying out. In this new image I would like to copy two shortcuts to the local administrator's desktop. I have the administrator's account to be set to active under the 4 specialize section of the answer file. The administrator account is also set to auto login. Everything runs as it should when I mage a laptop BUT the commands I have entered to just copy the .lnk files from a folder on the root of C:\ to the Administrator's desktop does not work. I basically copied the command I used at the command prompt to make sure the command works and it does if I run it manually. I have created a SynchronousCommand under the 7 oobe System>FirstLogonCommands section with the following command under the Settings>CommandLine field: copy "C:\_Install\XImaging\DesktopIcons\_Install Folder.lnk" C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop What am I doing wrong??

:)

jcrod73, Jun 10, 2021
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jun 10, 2021
  4. copy command in an unattend file to just copy shortcuts to the desktop

how do i copy harddrive?

No the move command, will reset all shortcuts and registry entries, trust me i cut and pasted a whole hard drive once and wow, what a mistake. From then on i i used the move command, so you din't need to re do all of the shortcuts and such.

If your copying windows, do it in dos, when windows isn't running.

pepsi71ocean, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

copy command in an unattend file to just copy shortcuts to the desktop

1. copy command in an unattend file to just copy shortcuts to the desktop - Similar Threads - copy command unattend

2. copy file with new name in command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy file with new name in command prompt: To copy a file with a new name in the command prompt, you can use the copy a command followed by the source file path and the destination file path. Here's the syntax:cssCopy codecopy [source_file_path] [destination_file_path]Replace [source_file_path] with the path of the...
  3. Shortcuts not accessible after copying files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcuts not accessible after copying files: I copied a lot of my files from WindowsC: to DATAD: but then wasn’t able to use the shortcuts for some apps on my desktop receiving a message saying the file had been moved or removed and the shortcut wasn’t going to work properly any more...
  4. Shortcuts not accessible after copying files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcuts not accessible after copying files: I copied a lot of my files from WindowsC: to DATAD: but then wasn’t able to use the shortcuts for some apps on my desktop receiving a message saying the file had been moved or removed and the shortcut wasn’t going to work properly any more...
  5. copy file with new name in command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    copy file with new name in command prompt: Hi all, This is a bit of an unusual question. I use a radio automation program called Zara, and am trying to get it to load certain sweeper files automatically. The files where these are stored have a ZSL extension. I have them stored currently in my music folder in a Zara...
  6. copy file with new name in command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy file with new name in command prompt: Hi all, This is a bit of an unusual question. I use a radio automation program called Zara, and am trying to get it to load certain sweeper files automatically. The files where these are stored have a ZSL extension. I have them stored currently in my music folder in a Zara...
  7. Will copying shortcut files to an external hard drive also copy everything in the shortcut...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will copying shortcut files to an external hard drive also copy everything in the shortcut...: I have to reboot my PC, and I have many photos stored inside of shortcut folders. If I copy these shortcut folders to an external hard drive, will it also safely transfer the photos stored inside the shortcuts?...
  8. Copy command is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy command is not working: Year of 2021. Windows OS, a 36-year old operating system. Running the latest Windows 10 release with all the latest updates applied. Copy/Cut commands have stopped working. My wild guess, they just got tired. Commands don't work if I either press Ctrl+C/X or r-click >...
  9. Copy command invalid

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Copy command invalid: I am trying to set up another selection in the boot order. this is from the instructions i got out Hypervisor notes in the tutorial for running hyper-v [img] is there another instruction that can be used? I am using the microsoft shell for Administrator. Thank you...
  10. Cannot copy files from command prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot copy files from command prompt: My Windows 10 will not load. I was going to try to reinstall it but wanted to copy some of my documents, pics, and music via C: but am getting an error message 0x80004005 trying to copy the files to USB. I am not able to get into Windows, therefore I have not been able to...