Windows 10: Copy data from HDD to HDD

Discus and support Copy data from HDD to HDD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need to copy 1.5TB of data (audio/video) onto a new 4TB drive and wondered if anyone had recommendations. I need to keep the data on the source... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sikorski5689, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Copy data from HDD to HDD

I need to copy 1.5TB of data (audio/video) onto a new 4TB drive
    and wondered if anyone had recommendations. I need to keep the
    data on the source drive. Free is good.

I did read a post here that suggested Robocopy, but that seems
    a bit daunting for an old fogie like me. There must be something
    that's more user friendly.

BTW, I just want to <copy> Data ... not partitions or disks.

Thanks!

:)

Sikorski5689, Dec 21, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Dec 21, 2020
  4. jumepp Win User

Copy data from HDD to HDD

WIN10 vs removing HDD and copying data

After WIN10 upgrade update fail, I've decided to backup data and make fresh install.

So I've removed laptop HDD, connected to my PC, copied data, put it back and booted from USB, installed fresh W10.

After installation and all first steps, it booted up, so I've installed some drivers, rebooted it and after everything went well, removed the HDD, connected

to my PC a copied backuped files back where they belong Users/<username>/Desktop etc. and created folder in the root called "data".

Put some other data in it so I don't have to copy it over network.

Removed it from my HDD and put it back in the laptop, booted up and

what an surprise!, after I've booted up the windows I expected to see files on desktop, in Documents etc but there was nothing in it.

Looked up in the root, there was nothing, it was the same like it was before the shutdown.

So I've put it back to my PC and there was really no data, everything was wiped like the first time I have connected it.

So once more I've copied it there, put in laptop and the situation is the same.

This is absurd !!!

Now I am copying it over network (which will be much longer).

Anyone has the same experience?

jumepp, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Copy data from HDD to HDD

1. Copy data from HDD to HDD - Similar Threads - Copy data HDD

2. Data HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data HDD: Hi AllI am building a new PC Win 10 and have fitted an SSD boot drive. I will also install a data drive for my various applications etc.As a relative newby to this how do I install my apps onto the new pc? Using photoshop as an example the default installation with be...
  3. Data HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data HDD: Hi AllI am building a new PC Win 10 and have fitted an SSD boot drive. I will also install a data drive for my various applications etc.As a relative newby to this how do I install my apps onto the new pc? Using photoshop as an example the default installation with be...
  4. Data HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Data Migration from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data Migration from HDD to SSD: I recently bought a Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVME M.2 SSD to speed up my computer from the Seagate HDD I had been using. I am trying to move everything off of the HDD and onto the SSD. So, I have tried to use the Samsung Data Migration Software multiple times with each time it...
  6. Data Migration from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data Migration from HDD to SSD: I recently bought a Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVME M.2 SSD to speed up my computer from the Seagate HDD I had been using. I am trying to move everything off of the HDD and onto the SSD. So, I have tried to use the Samsung Data Migration Software multiple times with each time it...
  7. Data copy to hdd and the data not visible

Data copy to hdd and the data not visible: Hello I have one problem. I have windows 10 2 same computer. WIn 10 Prof. All update setup. When i copy a file to hdd on the first computer, and i take the hdd to another PC, my copyed file not visible on the hdd. When i take a data recovery software to the hdd, the data...
  8. Move data from ssd to hdd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move data from ssd to hdd?: I built my pc yesterday, installed everything and my 250gb ssd is already full. How can I move my files from the ssd to the hdd? Thanks a lot! Daten von ssd auf hdd verschieben?
  9. Recovering Data from HDD

Recovering Data from HDD: I have a HDD from a laptop that died. The laptop died because of a power issue it did not crash and the HDD should not have been affected. I removed the HDD from the laptop to recover the files. The laptop was running windows 7. I've installed the HDD on my windows 10...
  10. Copy files from external HDD to internal HDD faster!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy files from external HDD to internal HDD faster!: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, I have an external HDD of 465 GB and I have 360 GB of space. Please tell me how I can quickly copy files to my internal HDD, how to download speed (move), or if you know any program for this or changes to Quick Move Registry. I mention that I tried...