Windows 10: copy data from office outlook 2010 to 2007 and then vice versa

Discus and support copy data from office outlook 2010 to 2007 and then vice versa in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i m facing the following problems in win 10 64 bit microsoft office outlook 2010 : 1. repeated prompts for password despite putting the right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by winstyl, May 11, 2019.

1. winstyl Win User

copy data from office outlook 2010 to 2007 and then vice versa

i m facing the following problems in win 10 64 bit microsoft office outlook 2010 :

1. repeated prompts for password despite putting the right password in 2010/

2. i want to transfer data from 2010 outlook to 2007 outlook same Email ID. I signed in simultaneously in 2007 (another laptop) and 2010 (earlier old another laptop) . consequences were : all my inbox mails started showing in 2007 and disappeared from 2010 now. I still have all the folders(sent,etc)except inbox in the 2010 outlook. this division of emails in two laptops is proving to be problematic.

3. Now I want to reformat windows 2010 laptop and want to move/copy/transfer all folders to windows 2007 (new laptop). What are the steps for this .

4. Post reformatting the laptop windoows 2010, I want to get back all Emails and folders on windows 2010 (on the old laptop)

:)

winstyl, May 11, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

Lost Folder in Outlook 2010

I have never had such a problem so I probably cannot help you.

I assume that the list of datafiles is correct [In Outlook 2007 this is given in several places including File, Data file management] and that you have run ScanPST on each of the pst/ost files shown there.

Are there any references to the missing file in the ScanPST log [log settings are under Options in the ScanPST UI]?

In Outlook 2007, I can set the 'navigation pane' to 'Folder list' view so that I can manually look through every open file & folder to check their contents. If you can find it this way but not when searching then it would indicate a search problem rather than a pst file problem. I have not seen this but I'd run Office diagnostics [2007] & the Windows indexing troubleshooter if I did.
    - Apparently, Office diagnostics itself does not exist in Office 2010. I understand that, for Office 2010, you'd need to go to Control panel, Progs & features then right-click on the Office 2010 entry so you could select Repair.
    - I have also seen a suggestion that Office diagnostics might be in your Start menu but I don't know if that was correct or not.
    - The Windows indexing troubleshooter is at Settings, Updates, Troubleshoot, Search & indexing

Sorry I could not help,
    Best of luck,
    Denis

3. Kari Win User
    Upgrading Outlook 2007 to Outlook for Office 365

Importing an Outlook 2007 PST file to Outlook 2016 which is the current Outlook / Office version used by O365 should go without issues. According to Microsoft, procedure to import 2007 PST to 2016 is the same than if importing 2010 and 2013 PST files:

copy data from office outlook 2010 to 2007 and then vice versa [​IMG]

Screenshot from Import email, contacts, and calendar from an Outlook .pst file - Office Support

However, there shouldn't be any reason to import it. If you uninstall Office 2007 from Settings > Apps or Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features, the PST file is left in the system, only Office programs being uninstalled. Do not manually delete any Office folders after uninstall has finished!

A restart is recommended after uninstalling Office.

When you then install Office 2016 (O365) and launch Outlook 2016 first time, it should pick up the previous PST files automatically.

Of course, as in computing you need to always be prepared for unwanted and surprising outcome, I would do the version upgrade like this:
    • Backup (copy) your PST files to a safe location or export all mail folders to a new PST file, for instance creating a folder Outlook_Export in your users folder and using it as backup location.
    • Uninstall Office 2007, restart.
    • Install Office 2016, launch Outlook 2016.
    That's it. Outlook 2016 should find your PST files and all your mail items should be there. The exporting was done just to be sure; if for any reason Outlook 2016 does not show your emails, you can import the backed up PST files manually.

4. copy data from office outlook 2010 to 2007 and then vice versa

Is synching Office Outlook 2007, Outlook.com and a Windows Phone possible?

Thanks for the reply but isn't this just one way traffic from Outlook.com to Outlook 2007? My data are in Outlook 2007 and I need some means of getting them to .com and to my phone, not vice versa. I don't want to have to enter it all into .com manually.

Doddy Wuid, May 11, 2019
Thema:

copy data from office outlook 2010 to 2007 and then vice versa

1. copy data from office outlook 2010 to 2007 and then vice versa - Similar Threads - copy data office

2. Enable copy and paste from Azure VDI to local and vice versa ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable copy and paste from Azure VDI to local and vice versa ?: Hi There, I have a couple of Azure VDI built in my org, and I would like to have functionality to copy and paste text and files from vdi to local and vice versa. can you please guide on settings or what do I need to do from Azure portal so that can be enable?Thank you,...
  3. How to move or copy folders from Version 2007 to Version 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to move or copy folders from Version 2007 to Version 2010: I have a new computer with Outlook 2007 in use for years with folders containing emails from dead relatives and friends that are very important to me. Can someone guide me in how to transfer those folders containing the emails to my new computer with Outlook 2010 please....
  4. Transition from Outlook/Office 2007

in Browsers and Email
    Transition from Outlook/Office 2007: Hello! I use an old Dell PC with Windows 7 Professional and Outlook 2007/Office 2007. I also have a current Apple laptop and use gmail and Outlook 365 for work (two different jobs - two different email systems). I am familiar with all three. I also use Office 365. I...
  5. Office 2010 Outlook Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Office 2010 Outlook Virus: I use Outlook in Office 2010. Address book recipients are receiving emails from me telling them to click on a printed link. I assume this is a virus. How do I get rid of it....
  6. Office 365 and Outlook 2010

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office 365 and Outlook 2010: I recently purchased 365 Home for 1 user- multiple devices. When installed on first PC I was no longer able to open Outlook 2010. Dialog said unable to find data file. Contacted MS office support and a great tech helped me get outlook organized on 365 so I had all email...
  7. Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Office Outlook 2007: I bought this as a software package with my previous laptop & it has always worked fine, including for the past year on my new laptop. Lately it has stopped connecting to my isp's server & keeps showing as 'Offline'. When I ask it to connect it works very sluggishly, it...
  8. Upgrading Outlook 2007 to Outlook for Office 365

Upgrading Outlook 2007 to Outlook for Office 365: Greetings, I was referred by Brink to ask my question here. I'm going to upgrade from Office 2007 to an Office 365 subscription, but can't find any reliable how-to information or confirmation that I can import the .PST with all the thousands of emails, contacts, calendar...
  9. iCloud for Windows and Office Outlook 2007

iCloud for Windows and Office Outlook 2007: Since this weeks updates to Win10 1703, iCloud for Windows has stopped integrating with Office Outlook 2007. The normal "Refresh iCloud" button has disappeared, and the Calendar in iCloud has disappeared from Outlook. Anybody noticed the same or got any clues what's...
  10. Office 2010 Migration - Outlook

Office 2010 Migration - Outlook: Whilst my office suite (2010) seems to have migrated well, has anyone had any issues with sending mail from Outlook. I have a exchange server account in Outlook which works fine, however I also have a BT Internet (Yahoo version) pop 3 account, which is set to the correct...