Windows 10: Copy dialog window MIA

Discus and support Copy dialog window MIA in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Where did this darn good feature go in 10074? 5890 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by linw, May 4, 2015.

1. linw Win User

Copy dialog window MIA

Where did this darn good feature go in 10074?

:)

linw, May 4, 2015

2. Copy from to Dialog window missing.

Hi Harry,

I apologize for not replying in a timely manner. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please let us know if the issue still persists.

Meanwhile I would Suggest you to check for any pending updates available and try to install it and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Press Windows +I and select Updates and security
    and check if any pending updates are available.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Deepak_Krishnan R, May 4, 2015
  3. Copy from to Dialog window missing.

Hi Harry,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I would suggest you to follow the steps below to check the issue occurs in safe mode if not perform a clean boot please follow the steps below :

Step 1: Safe mode

Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC. For example, if the problem doesn't happen in safe mode, you'll know default settings and basic device drivers
    aren't causing the issue.

Please refer the article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2: Clean boot

I would also suggest you to do a clean boot and check if any third party apps are causing the issue.
    Placing the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue.

Please refer to the article below for steps to perform a clean boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 (Windows 8.1 steps applies to Windows 10 also)

Disclaimer:Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting
    with clean boot "to reset computer as usual.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, May 4, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Copy dialog window MIA

Copy of what, files, text ?

CountMike, May 4, 2015
  5. linw Win User
    Any files. Windows has always had a copy progress dialogue box and win 10 had a really good one but it isn't there any more in my setup.

linw, May 4, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Are you talking about this:

Copy dialog window MIA [​IMG]

Edwin, May 4, 2015
  7. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Guess what. . .that's right it is still there, just click on the down arrow on the far left end of the move, copy box and it just appears. . .cool. . .*Smile

8. linw Win User

Copy dialog window MIA

Thanks, Lee, but this is now the second 3rd party incompatibility I have found with 10074. The copy progress box does still indeed pop up if you copy with Windows Explorer but it now fails to show with explorer2 Lite which I use all the time. Darn.

Just as well I am not prone to conspiracy theories or I could see a pattern here!!

Edit:- it's a no show on Q-Dir as well. Conspiracy theory deepens!

linw, May 5, 2015
  9. AKD
    Akd Win User
    How to set up that I will see path of copy? Like from c:\downloads to d:\down, for example?

Thema:

Copy dialog window MIA

1. Copy dialog window MIA - Similar Threads - Copy dialog window

2. The Copy and Replace Dialog does not work as expected.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Copy and Replace Dialog does not work as expected.: Running Win 10 latest vers. on an Surface. When I try to copy ANY files from ANY folder to a different folder they copy fine but if even one file is already in there and the Copy File dialogue box comes up that asks "Copy and Replace" or "Dont Copy" if I choose "Don't Copy"...
  3. TPM is MIA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM is MIA: Windows Security posted a warning that "there is no TPM available. Please check your BIOS settings". I checked, and TPM has disappeared from my Device Manager listing. I ran tpm.msc, and it said "compatible TPM cannot be found". My BIOS is current and says that TPM is...
  4. TPM is MIA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TPM is MIA: Windows Security posted a warning that "there is no TPM available. Please check your BIOS settings". I checked, and TPM has disappeared from my Device Manager listing. I ran tpm.msc, and it said "compatible TPM cannot be found". My BIOS is current and says that TPM is...
  5. Camera MIA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera MIA: My camera seems to be disengaged from my computer. The problem began when Zoom couldn't find it. It also doesn't show up in Device Management. I am able to set the camera privacy settings, but that's the only thing that indicates I even have a camera--other than having a...
  6. Camera MIA

Camera MIA: My camera seems to be disengaged from my computer. The problem began when Zoom couldn't find it. It also doesn't show up in Device Management. I am able to set the camera privacy settings, but that's the only thing that indicates I even have a camera--other than having a...
  7. Files and Folders MIA

in Windows 10 Support
    Files and Folders MIA: Hello, I manage a group of PCs. The one in question is a Windows10 Pro x64 with a i5-7400 processor. I am attempting to save a AVS file from a DVR to a folder, the pres set Windows Video Folder. The files save. When I go back to play those videos, only a second or less shows...
  8. Windows Virus and Threat protection MIA

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Virus and Threat protection MIA: I had Malwarebytes installed and did a 14 day trial. This disabled and run just Malwarebytes. After trial was over I now have nothing and windows defender will not turn on Virus protection. It doesn't even show up in "Security at a glance". I have -uninstalled Malwarebytes....
  9. Edge Favorites MIA

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites MIA: Approximately half of my Microsoft Edge favorites are missing. I regularly do backups with Edge Manage, but my recent backups over the past week are missing bits and pieces of my overall favorites. I am currently going back and adding favorites from over a week ago by...
  10. OneDrive MIA

OneDrive MIA: One drive was inadvertently deleted. Is there a way to re-install it with out having to do a clean install of windows ? I also noticed that Microsoft has a one drive page where it can be downloaded, but it won't down load it since the system is Windows 10. 77480