Windows 10: Copy file from link pasted in start menu search?

Discus and support Copy file from link pasted in start menu search? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; If I paste a network file link into the start menu in Windows 7, I am able to copy the file onto my pc. How do I accomplish this in Windows 10? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ubermonkey, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Copy file from link pasted in start menu search?

If I paste a network file link into the start menu in Windows 7, I am able to copy the file onto my pc. How do I accomplish this in Windows 10?

I can't drag and drop the file when I click on it and there is no menu options to do anything, that I see, to the file except for opening it?

Thank you

:)

ubermonkey, Nov 1, 2018

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Nov 1, 2018
  4. Copy file from link pasted in start menu search?

quick search does not contains link inside start menu

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to follow the below Suggestions:

1. The Search bar in Widows 10 is more fast and easy. You can search your program by typing it in Search bar.

2. You can use the exact interface of Start menu of Windows 8 in Windows 10. Follow the steps below.

• Click Start menu and select "Settings".
    • Click on "Personalization" and select "Start".
    • Turn "Use Start full screen"
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

Copy file from link pasted in start menu search?

1. Copy file from link pasted in start menu search? - Similar Threads - Copy file link

2. Searching from the new Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching from the new Start menu: See:I have noticed that the two buttons at the bottom on the task bar on the left menu button and search button.... for me ... these only function on my primary monitor. If I click the same buttons on the seonc monitor they don't behave.Well, I can click the button on the...
  3. Searching from the new Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching from the new Start menu: See:I have noticed that the two buttons at the bottom on the task bar on the left menu button and search button.... for me ... these only function on my primary monitor. If I click the same buttons on the seonc monitor they don't behave.Well, I can click the button on the...
  4. Search not starting from start menu

in Cortana
    Search not starting from start menu: Hi,I recently started using my laptop after not using it for a while and the search doesn't seem to be working anymore.Normally to search I hit the windows key and start typing, the search results load in immediately.Now I hit the windows key and start typing, nothing happens...
  5. Missing icons in Start Menu search for custom link

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing icons in Start Menu search for custom link: Hello, I use multiple profiles with my Firefox browser so I created multiple links to the firefox.exe and appending "-P <profileName>" to it. It works fine, but when using the Start Menu search there are no icons. In the following screenshots you can see the search results...
  6. Links do not appear in start menu search

in Cortana
    Links do not appear in start menu search: I used to type the start menu entries as shortcut to open them. Windows just opened the search and offered me the right item. This does not work anymore (as it used to) The problem seems to be only with start menu entries (who are .lnk files), though it does offer me...
  7. Prevent windows from search in files when searching in the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent windows from search in files when searching in the Start Menu: Hello. when i search from the start menu, all i want to find is applications (desktop apps, metro apps, shortcus to apps in the all-applications menu) and settings, not files and folders. (i already disabled the web search there). i still want to be able to search files...
  8. Automatically search files in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatically search files in start menu: In Windows 7 I type xxxx.txt and it searches the file in the indexed files. In Windows 10 I have to type Find in Documents. How do I make it searches in my files without clicking a second time ? 9159
  9. Can't search from Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't search from Start menu: Hello! I recently had to reinstall (complete/clean install) W-10, and ever since then I cannot search from Start. I open the Start menu as normal, either by clicking the icon or by pressing the Windows key on my keyboard, but when I press any key as I normally would to...
  10. Start Menu search not finding files

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu search not finding files: When I go to search for files (such as images/videos) through the Start Menu search (Cortana), files do not appear in results. The only way I can actually find these files is to manually click the "More" dropdown and select whichever file type it is (photos, videos, music...