Windows 10: Copy files faster!

Discus and support Copy files faster! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good evening, Dear Sir / Madam, I have an external HDD of 465 GB and I have 360 GB of space. Is it nice to tell me how can I copy it to internal HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdrianDragomir1, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Copy files faster!

Good evening,

Dear Sir / Madam, I have an external HDD of 465 GB and I have 360 GB of space. Is it nice to tell me how can I copy it to internal HDD faster? I mention that I tried using the Windows 10 Home utility and it takes over 3 hours.
    Thank you!
    Wait for response!
    A wonderful evening!

:)

AdrianDragomir1, Nov 10, 2018
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Copy files faster!

Delicieuxz, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Copy files faster!

1. Copy files faster! - Similar Threads - Copy files faster

2. Invert Files to select files faster on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Invert Files to select files faster on Windows: When it comes to selecting files in File Explorer, Windows users have plenty of options. From left-clicking to selecting individual files to drawing a rectangle around files for selection. Keyboard shortcuts help further: holding down the Shift-key while left-clicking on...
  3. Copying Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copying Files: Hi, I started copying a single file from drive 1 to drive 2, it was copying at 200MB/s give or take. Then I started copying another file from Drive 1 to drive 3, and both are copying at 40MB/s. Why does copying 2 files cut the total traffic by 60% ? I can understand both...
  4. How can Veracrypt Decryption be faster than copying the same data?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can Veracrypt Decryption be faster than copying the same data?: I'm thinking of installing Veracrypt and I read that it takes Veracrypt about 5 minutes to decrypt a 500 gig SSD. How is this possible? It takes me much longer to duplicate the same 500 gigs on my Windows 10 SSD!Can someone explain how this is possible?This is how I analyze...
  5. copying files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copying files: How do I transfer music files to my linked phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files/883dd539-1427-418a-b163-426df9d620fd"
  6. Copying Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying Files: There is something I observed while bulk copying : The copy speed while backing up 100s of GB of data from one Hard Drive to back-up drive. I wonder it is a problem of windows or a problem in my system? When I, say copying a smaller amount of data (for example 30-40 GB...
  7. Copy files from external HDD to internal HDD faster!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy files from external HDD to internal HDD faster!: Hello, Dear Sir / Madam, I have an external HDD of 465 GB and I have 360 GB of space. Please tell me how I can quickly copy files to my internal HDD, how to download speed (move), or if you know any program for this or changes to Quick Move Registry. I mention that I tried...
  8. Page file on faster SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Page file on faster SSD: I have 8GB ram with a 120GB Sata 3 SSD and several hard disk drives. Windows 10 is installed on the SSD. The page file is managed by Windows. I've added a faster 256GB PCIe 3.0 SSD. I'm mainly using this new drive for data, but should I tell Windows to put the page file on...
  9. Copying files from external drive to internal Hyper-V VM much faster.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Copying files from external drive to internal Hyper-V VM much faster.: I always found it very slow copying files as a network share from Host to PC e.g. at 10 MB/s. Today, I had to copy a file, and it blitzed along at 80 MB/S which is not far off my hard drive maximum speed. This is using 16299 Fast/Slow Ring build. As an aside, I...
  10. Copying files

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files: I have a flash drive with many mp3's on it, however they are split up into various folders. How can I copy all mp3's to my fixed disc without the directories, ie just copy the mp3's without having to access each individual directory. TIA, Mike 83198