Windows 10: Copy Files from Disk X to Disk Y Deleted by Windows

Discus and support Copy Files from Disk X to Disk Y Deleted by Windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is a WOW! WTF? -I just move my files from my 1PC with all my personal staff from Disk "O:/" to my 2PC D:/!Stuff/ that I have just Install a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bill Metallinos, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Copy Files from Disk X to Disk Y Deleted by Windows

This is a WOW! WTF?

-I just move my files from my 1PC with all my personal staff from Disk "O:/" to my 2PC D:/!Stuff/ that I have just Install a clean Windows 10 Pro version ...

The disk to the 2PC was the "C:/" but I have put it out and plug it to my 1PC as disk D:/ via SATA3 so I can copy them Fast!

-I move them all and everything looks just fine. I was able to see all the stuff to D:/!Stuff/*.*
    -I unplug the Disk and put it back again to tower2.
    -I open the C:/ (now D: is C: to PC2) and my Folder wasn't there!! Nothing! I had create a folder C:/!Stuff/ and it wasn't there, it was deleted by the Windows.
    Wow! This is Nasty! And really really bad!

-I took the disk out again, I plug in it to my 1PC and I create again in D:/!Stuff/ and put some Video files inside just for a test.
    -I put again to 2PC.... and it wasn't there!! Again the Folder wasn't there!

Is that a new trick? Whats the problem with Win10 1909?

I run File Recover/Undelete, I was able to restore the files to a new disk, but not the structure of the disk and not the names just file1.jpg.... file10000.jpg etc

Is there anything I can do fix this? How is it Possible the Windows to delete my Personal Folders without even ask me ?

:)

Bill Metallinos, Dec 6, 2019
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Disk partition

Copy the files you need on to a different disk, delete all partitions and format , copy the files back on to the disk , job done .

NdMk2o1o, Dec 6, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Copy Files from Disk X to Disk Y Deleted by Windows

DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Copy Files from Disk X to Disk Y Deleted by Windows

1. Copy Files from Disk X to Disk Y Deleted by Windows - Similar Threads - Copy Files Disk

2. Disk Repair Deleted Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Repair Deleted Files: I have a ~50TB Windows Storage Space running on Windows 10. Recently, I rebooted the computer and Windows said it was repairing this disk. It took about an hour and then the computer eventually booted up. I discovered this morning that there were several files missing from...
  3. Copy Disk to an another disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy Disk to an another disk: Hi,I need a solution to make a copy from one hard drive to another. Usually I would just use a hard drive cloner, however in this case they are Intel Computer Sticks, so it is impossible to extract the hard drive from the computer. PXE boot is not possible, neither is boot...
  4. Copy Disk to an another disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy Disk to an another disk: Hi,I need a solution to make a copy from one hard drive to another. Usually I would just use a hard drive cloner, however in this case they are Intel Computer Sticks, so it is impossible to extract the hard drive from the computer. PXE boot is not possible, neither is boot...
  5. Copy Disk to an another disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Delete Partions From a Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete Partions From a Disk: I installed a ssd drive in my computer and am going to use the old sata drive for storage. I cloned the old drive to the ssd and all is well. I'm booting up from the new drive and I did something stupid I think. I formated the C section of the old drive no labeled G but now...
  7. Copying files from a dirty disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files from a dirty disk: Windows wants to run a fix for one of my disks however I'm planning on moving all these files within that "dirty" disk to a new disk, should i copy the files to the new disk before or after i run the disk fix? 167760
  8. Disk Digger and deleted files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Digger and deleted files: I scanned my drive with disk digger to find a bunch of old files on my computer that I had deleted. I want to make sure they're completely gone and cant be recovered without erasing everything on my drive ( i still have other files on it) How would I do it? I used Eraser on...
  9. while copying files from windows hard disk to usb hard disk low space

in Windows 10 Support
    while copying files from windows hard disk to usb hard disk low space: I am having 476 Gb of a virtual machine and I am trying to take its backup in external USB disk. Here is a screenshot telling the free space on my hard disk 379 Gb [img] and here is a screenshot of error which I get when I try to copy paste the virtual machine vmdk files...
  10. copy from windows 7 disks

in Windows 10 Support
    copy from windows 7 disks: Happy New Year to one and all. Let's talk about this garbage O/S. Attempted to install my photos from a disk created on Windows 7. At 43% completed it freezes and will not install any further, and where have all my sites stored in Favorites gone? 101374