Windows 10: Copy files from laptop window 10 hard drive. Laptop is locked

Discus and support Copy files from laptop window 10 hard drive. Laptop is locked in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How can I copy files from my lap top hard drive before resetting it. My laptop is locked due to password reset issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jet Markby, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Copy files from laptop window 10 hard drive. Laptop is locked

How can I copy files from my lap top hard drive before resetting it. My laptop is locked due to password reset issue.

:)

Jet Markby, Nov 19, 2023

2. Laptop hard drive upgrade

Yeah but it is a bit of a bummer when i have paid for a genuine copy of windows mce.
    but i do have a copy of vista that i could put in the laptop but i am not too sure it will be good as it is slower on my desktop which i dual boot wwith xp. the spec is

3000+ SEMPRON CPU
    1GB DDR RAM
    40 GB RAM

jamupnorth, Nov 19, 2023
  3. Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, Nov 19, 2023
  4. Valix80 Win User

Copy files from laptop window 10 hard drive. Laptop is locked

Cannot transfer files from the laptop to the drives

Original Title: Windows10 & External Hard Drive

Hi,

I've connected my two LaCie external hard drives (rugged and D2 Quadra) to a Windows 10 laptop but they both are not working. They are ExFat and I've tried to reformat them. Windows 10 can see the drives, I can copy and paste files from
    the drives to the laptop. But I cannot transfer files from the laptop to the drives. All the drivers are updated. It looks like my dives are not fully compatible with Windows10? Any suggestions please? Can I have a list of external hard drives compatible with
    Windows 10 please?

Valix80, Nov 19, 2023
Thema:

Copy files from laptop window 10 hard drive. Laptop is locked

1. Copy files from laptop window 10 hard drive. Laptop is locked - Similar Threads - Copy files laptop

2. Unable to copy files from laptop window 10 hard drive. Laptop is locked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to copy files from laptop window 10 hard drive. Laptop is locked: How can I copy files from my lap top hard drive before resetting it. My laptop is locked due to password reset issue. <Changed to a question>...
  3. Copy files from laptop window 10 hard drive. Laptop is locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy files from laptop window 10 hard drive. Laptop is locked: How can I copy files from my lap top hard drive before resetting it. My laptop is locked due to password reset issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-files-from-laptop-window-10-hard-drive-laptop/84303c00-0e7f-4794-94a6-0bed69b3f065
  4. Copy files from laptop window 10 hard drive. Laptop is locked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Copy files from laptop window 10 hard drive. Laptop is locked: How can I copy files from my lap top hard drive before resetting it. My laptop is locked due to password reset issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-files-from-laptop-window-10-hard-drive-laptop/84303c00-0e7f-4794-94a6-0bed69b3f065
  5. Copy from Surface Laptop and Paste to External Hard Drive not working

Copy from Surface Laptop and Paste to External Hard Drive not working: Hi All, I recently bought a surface laptop and I am so confused with some features. I tried to copy a folder from the desktop to my external drive which has around 200gb plenty of room and it says there is no enough space on the desktop and that I need an additional 43.4GB....
  6. Copy entire USB to hard drive on laptop

Copy entire USB to hard drive on laptop: I have a USB "thumb" drive or whatever it is called and I would like to copy the entire content to my hard drive. The electronics pulled out of the plastic body and I don't want to lose the files so I would like to copy to hard drive and then back the files up at a later...
  7. Recovering files from removed hard drive from windows 10 HP laptop

Recovering files from removed hard drive from windows 10 HP laptop: My hard drive stopped booting up and so it had to be removed in order to swap it out. The problem is none of the files are showing as accessible when you browse to Users/name/documents... etc. I also need to receover my email .PST folder in order to restore my outlook email...
  8. Swapping Hard Drives from Laptop 10 to Windows 7 Laptop

Swapping Hard Drives from Laptop 10 to Windows 7 Laptop: I am not sure if the other posts mention anything like this before but: Recently, my Wins10 laptop malfunction and I am not sure exactly how; laptop made beeps relating to CMOS battery (fixed) and cannot read hard drive (or something; not fixed). Anyhow, I acquired another...
  9. access to files on hard drive from crashed laptop

access to files on hard drive from crashed laptop: My laptop died and I have removed the harddrive and can access it through a usb connection on another laptop. While I have access to all my files on the e:drive, I can't open any of them. Note says I don't have permission to access. went to properties and changed access...
  10. Files gone when trying to copy them from laptop to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Files gone when trying to copy them from laptop to external hard drive: Hi everyone. I apologize if this is a duplicate request by others but greatly need some assistance. Today, I transferred files from my husband's Samsung Galaxy S7 to the laptop hard drive. Once transferred, I hit "Ctrl-C" to "copy" them from the laptop folder to our...