Windows 10: copy files with permission issues

Discus and support copy files with permission issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; trying to copy files from external drive from local user to azure joined user, but getting permission errors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mike iignc, Sep 18, 2021.

1. copy files with permission issues

trying to copy files from external drive from local user to azure joined user, but getting permission errors

:)

Mike iignc, Sep 18, 2021
  2. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Sep 18, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file"

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with copying files from expansion drive to the computer.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Is the issue specific with a file?
    • Did you tried copying the file to a different location?
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Permission issue.

• Damaged files.
    I suggest you to try the steps under the section Issue 2: I cannot access, change, save, or delete files and folders
    in the following article and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when accessing or working with files and folders in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Note:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. You may need to be logged on as an administrator to change file and folder permissions.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 18, 2021
  4. temp02 Win User

copy files with permission issues

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

copy files with permission issues

1. copy files with permission issues - Similar Threads - copy files permission

2. USB asking to get permission to copy a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB asking to get permission to copy a file: I have a Window 11 Laptop. After inserting a 2 year old USB drive and while copying a .inf file from my system to the USB drive, it is asking to get permission and then try it....
  3. USB asking to get permission to copy a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB asking to get permission to copy a file: I have a Window 11 Laptop. After inserting a 2 year old USB drive and while copying a .inf file from my system to the USB drive, it is asking to get permission and then try it....
  4. Permission error to open/copy backup files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Permission error to open/copy backup files: Hello, I'm Sihyun Park.I have used Windows 10, But upgraded to Windows 11 automatically.After several months, I wanted to go back to Windows 10, But I couldn't.I could go back to Windows 10 only for 10 daysThe only way to go back to Windows 10 was "Reinstall Windows 10".So I...
  5. Permission error to open/copy backup files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission error to open/copy backup files: Hello, I'm Sihyun Park.I have used Windows 10, But upgraded to Windows 11 automatically.After several months, I wanted to go back to Windows 10, But I couldn't.I could go back to Windows 10 only for 10 daysThe only way to go back to Windows 10 was "Reinstall Windows 10".So I...
  6. Permission error to open/copy backup files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. The issue about file permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The issue about file permission: Hi, Thk u for browsing.. Im having a little trouble.. When i access my cifs share on my windows, i want to change the permission of the subdirectory so i need to find the usr from the linux host.. But windows keeps telling me object name not found..Has anyone ever been in...
  8. Delete File - Permission Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete File - Permission Issue: Hi, I've read various forums, but I can't seem to delete file due to ownership permissions. I've right-clicked on the .exe, selected Properties, went to the Security tab, and clicked Advanced. However, the Permissions tab and Audit and Effective Access states that I don't...
  9. no permission to copy files on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no permission to copy files on network: I have two computers connected to my Network. One of the computer desktop run W10 Pro 1809/64 and connected by Ethernet. The other computer laptop run W10 Home 1803/64 and connected by WiFi. Computers see themselves each other, but attempt of the copying of files from one...
  10. Permission denied to create or copy files in d:\

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Permission denied to create or copy files in d:\: I don't know why, but I have no access to create or copy files directly in d:\. Creating directory works though. When I want to copy or create for example a txt file, explorer says: https://i.imgur.com/SEDohJ7.png Looking into NTFS rights, I already have all right and...