Windows 10: Copy folder or file names as a text file

Discus and support Copy folder or file names as a text file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi i have an extension called copy file names but doesn’t work very well, mucks up the order.... if i I use the windows option it works but I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reddwarf4ever, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Copy folder or file names as a text file

Hi

i have an extension called copy file names but doesn’t work very well, mucks up the order....

if i I use the windows option it works but I get more info than I need, I simply want the file name...

are there switches Cher’s I can use to achieve this ..?

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Jun 28, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jun 28, 2019
  4. YIN
    Yin Win User

Copy folder or file names as a text file

Looking for a program which grabs folders\files and converts it into text

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a program which lets you pick a folder and grabs all the files\folders names and puts it in a text file.

I'm not sure if that makes sense, sorry if it doesn't.

Thema:

Copy folder or file names as a text file

1. Copy folder or file names as a text file - Similar Threads - Copy folder file

2. Renaming multiple files from a text file or copy names from other group of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming multiple files from a text file or copy names from other group of files: HiI want to rename all files on a folder with the file names from the different folder. like I have some files in "folder 1" with all deferent names. I want to rename files in "folder 2" with same names as in "folder 1"It's like copying names from one folder to anotherPlz...
  3. Renaming multiple files from a text file or copy names from other group of files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Renaming multiple files from a text file or copy names from other group of files: HiI want to rename all files on a folder with the file names from the different folder. like I have some files in "folder 1" with all deferent names. I want to rename files in "folder 2" with same names as in "folder 1"It's like copying names from one folder to anotherPlz...
  4. Renaming multiple files from a text file or copy names from other group of files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Copies in Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Copies in Folders: Using WIN not using One Drive -I made a new folder to copy certain documents into it to have a folder dedicated for a specific topic. I copied the files from one folder to the next. I made some changes to the names of the files. I closed the folder. When I reopened it later...
  6. Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names

Copy files with similar names to folders with similar names: Hello, I am using windows and have the following situation: I have multiple PDF files which naming system is as following: 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1801 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1802 0. AAL00-SPI-FOR-535-1807 I also have folders that are named as following:...
  7. Copying down file folders with names and growing dates

Copying down file folders with names and growing dates: Good evening I have to make multiple folders with the same name but a different date for each day. Is there a way to do this without having to name 30 folders in a month "2019.6.17 Job Progress Pics"...
  8. Copying files from a folder using filenames from a text file

Copying files from a folder using filenames from a text file: I have a folder that contains approx. 17,000 images, I want to copy only those images, whose filenames are listed in a text file. The text file contains approx. 1000 file names. Is there a command that I can use on cmd or power shell to automate this process? Otherwise I...
  9. Compare a text file containing file names with files in a folder

Compare a text file containing file names with files in a folder: Hi, I have a text files containing a list of file names and I wish to compare that to a folder with files in it. The folder contains a rather large number of files and I want to see if files in that folder exist in the file with the list of file names. Hope I have explained...
  10. Putting folder names in a text file

Putting folder names in a text file: I have a folder with someh hundred subfolders. Is it possible to have these folder names in a text file? 104541

Users found this page by searching for:

1. from windows folder file name copy to text file