Windows 10: Copy folders from 1 disk to another

Discus and support Copy folders from 1 disk to another in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What the heck is wrong with Win 10? At the present time I'm running Win 10 Ver.1909, OS build 18363.692 and can't even copy folders from one disk to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xpac5896, Jan 17, 2020.

1. xpac5896 Win User

Copy folders from 1 disk to another

What the heck is wrong with Win 10? At the present time I'm running Win 10 Ver.1909, OS build 18363.692 and can't even copy folders from one disk to another. The folders are on a Samsung 1tb SSD and copying to a WD 3TB disk. When I select a folder, for example "MP3's" it will copy so far then stop and hang. When it comes to mp4's it does the same thing. When I try to cancel the job, it says that it's cancelling but it sits there and does nothing. The only way I can get the computer to respond is to reboot. No, I can't clone or image the disk because the 3tb has a larger recovery space than the 1tb. So the question is what the heck do I do? I want it as a back up, that's all.

:)

xpac5896, Jan 17, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Copy folders from 1 disk to another

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Copy folders from 1 disk to another :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Copy folders from 1 disk to another

1. Copy folders from 1 disk to another - Similar Threads - Copy folders disk

2. Accessing a shared folder on 1 PC from another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing a shared folder on 1 PC from another.: I have 2 PCs. One is a Windows 10 desktop and the other is a Windows 11 laptop. About a year ago I set up a folder on my Windows 10 Desktop as a shared network folder. I then logged into my Windows 11 laptop and saved that folder and entered my credentials. I have been using...
  3. Accessing a shared folder on 1 PC from another.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing a shared folder on 1 PC from another.: I have 2 PCs. One is a Windows 10 desktop and the other is a Windows 11 laptop. About a year ago I set up a folder on my Windows 10 Desktop as a shared network folder. I then logged into my Windows 11 laptop and saved that folder and entered my credentials. I have been using...
  4. Copy Disk to an another disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy Disk to an another disk: Hi,I need a solution to make a copy from one hard drive to another. Usually I would just use a hard drive cloner, however in this case they are Intel Computer Sticks, so it is impossible to extract the hard drive from the computer. PXE boot is not possible, neither is boot...
  5. Copy Disk to an another disk

Copy Disk to an another disk: Hi,I need a solution to make a copy from one hard drive to another. Usually I would just use a hard drive cloner, however in this case they are Intel Computer Sticks, so it is impossible to extract the hard drive from the computer. PXE boot is not possible, neither is boot...
  6. Copy Disk to an another disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Copy multiple folders content to another folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copy multiple folders content to another folder: I need to copy the content of aprox 500 folders to another folder (I want to have all in the same folder). Is there any way to do it with a program or commands? I dont want to do it manually because it would take a lot of time. Thank you! submitted by /u/Armenthius [link]...
  8. Copy programs to another disk

Copy programs to another disk: I have problems on my C disk and I have installed on the disk E windows 10 clean. I would like not to transfer (like EaseUS Todo PCTrans which transfers) but to copy programs (also with settings) from one disk C to disk E. There i an utility orr program what does this do?...
  9. Copy programs to another disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy programs to another disk: I have problems on my C disk and I have installed on the disk E windows 10 clean. I would like not to transfer (like EaseUS Todo PCTrans which transfers) but to copy programs (also with settings) from one disk C to disk E. There i an utility orr program what does this do?...
  10. A question on copying files from a compressed folder to another compressed folder ..... ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A question on copying files from a compressed folder to another compressed folder ..... ?: Compressed folders are often shown in blue for user convenience. When Windows explorer copies files and also sub-folders from one compressed folder to another compressed folder, does it decompress the file data ON-THE-FLY, and then re-compress it again towards the...