Windows 10: copy function

Discus and support copy function in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cant activate the the copy function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-function/7ff975af-8d68-4f89-86f9-5d785d308c86" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TimOBrien2, Dec 29, 2018.

1. copy function

I cant activate the the copy function

:)

TimOBrien2, Dec 29, 2018
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Darshan J Win User

copy function

copy/paste function is not working

Hi Sabrina,

Provide us with the information below to help you better.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?
    • Is the copy/paste functioning not working fro particular application or on whole computer?
    • How are you using copy/paste option via right click or keyboard shortcuts or via edit menu within the application?
    • Is the issue specific to a file format or all the file formats?

Suggest you to use the copy/paste using shortcuts that is Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V to copy cut and past respectively.

Also install all the pending updates on your computer, restart your computer and check if it helps.

Get back to us with the above information to help your further.

Darshan J, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

copy function

1. copy function - Similar Threads - copy function

2. I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...: I have noticed over the past few months if not more, that when I try to copy text from the Windows 10 default mail app, that I basically need to copy the same text by typing ctrl C repeatedly at least 5 times in order to copy the text.I may have to go back and forth to the...
  3. I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...: I have noticed over the past few months if not more, that when I try to copy text from the Windows 10 default mail app, that I basically need to copy the same text by typing ctrl C repeatedly at least 5 times in order to copy the text.I may have to go back and forth to the...
  4. I am curious why the copy /paste function doesn't work well when copying from the windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. "A device attached to the system is not functioning" I can't copy file on my phone to...

"A device attached to the system is not functioning" I can't copy file on my phone to...: I want to transfer a 4.5GB file from my phone to my computer, but my Windows 10 laptop gives me the error in the title. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-functioning/35bfd150-81d0-4377-a6ed-226971f3cfe2
  6. "A device attached to the system is not functioning" I can't copy file on my phone to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "A device attached to the system is not functioning" I can't copy file on my phone to...: I want to transfer a 4.5GB file from my phone to my computer, but my Windows 10 laptop gives me the error in the title. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-attached-to-the-system-is-not-functioning/35bfd150-81d0-4377-a6ed-226971f3cfe2
  7. "A device attached to the system is not functioning" I can't copy file on my phone to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Feature Suggestion: Enhanced Clipboard Functionality - Copy-Paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature Suggestion: Enhanced Clipboard Functionality - Copy-Paste: Hello Developer Community,I trust this message finds you well. I've been utilizing the copy-and-paste functionality regularly in my development workflow, and I had a suggestion that I believe could enhance user experience and efficiency.Currently, when we copy content, the...
  9. Feature Suggestion: Enhanced Clipboard Functionality - Copy-Paste

Feature Suggestion: Enhanced Clipboard Functionality - Copy-Paste: Hello Developer Community,I trust this message finds you well. I've been utilizing the copy-and-paste functionality regularly in my development workflow, and I had a suggestion that I believe could enhance user experience and efficiency.Currently, when we copy content, the...
  10. Is it possible to enable copy/paste functionality in Windows 11 kiosk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to enable copy/paste functionality in Windows 11 kiosk?: I am using Edge in a Windows 11 single app kiosk. I understand that copy/paste functionality is disabled by default. I'm wondering if there is a way to enable it....