Windows 10: Copy ISO to USB from Mac

Discus and support Copy ISO to USB from Mac in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My desktop's hard disk failed. I have bought a new one. I downloaded 64 bit windows 10 on my Mac. How to make bootable usb drive to install fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Agriz, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Agriz Win User

Copy ISO to USB from Mac

My desktop's hard disk failed. I have bought a new one.

I downloaded 64 bit windows 10 on my Mac.

How to make bootable usb drive to install fresh version of windows 10?

:)

Agriz, Jul 17, 2018

2. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Tried the first program, but it fails .. not sure yet why but troubleshooting that ...

The pendrive seems to be only for linux? although seems very useful i dont think it will help me with this. Keeping it for future linux installs though

hmmm if I already have the iso, do I just throw that in the usb drive?

ok looking into this as well...

copenhagen69, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Copy ISO to USB from Mac

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

you can use pendrive with win too. in step 1 you have to select "custom iso"(or "other" cant remember how exactly it was dubed) and point win .iso file. i've used it for my install usb stick and it works fine.

ne6togadno, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Copy ISO to USB from Mac

1. Copy ISO to USB from Mac - Similar Threads - Copy ISO USB

2. Unable to Copy ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Copy ISO to USB: I'm trying to create a Windows 11 installation disk.I downloaded the ISO and tried to copy and then paste it to the USB but, it statesthat the ISO is too large for the destination.The ISO is being reported as 5.18 GBThe USB has is empty and has 31.9 GB free space.James...
  3. Unable to Copy ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Copy ISO to USB: I'm trying to create a Windows 11 installation disk.I downloaded the ISO and tried to copy and then paste it to the USB but, it statesthat the ISO is too large for the destination.The ISO is being reported as 5.18 GBThe USB has is empty and has 31.9 GB free space.James...
  4. ISO TO USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ISO TO USB: I want to burn my iso file to usb but i don't have admin rights anyone who knows pls answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iso-to-usb/d9a44a17-88ce-4b7b-a313-ed4689f62ca1
  5. Creating a bootable USB drive from a Mac

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a bootable USB drive from a Mac: Hey everyone, need some help creating a bootable windows 10 USB drive with a MacBook Pro 2017 era. From what I’ve gathered I can’t use windows media creation tool, and boot camp assistant on my computer will not allow me to set my USB as the destination for the ISO files....
  6. Creating a bootable usb from ISO

Creating a bootable usb from ISO: If I create a bootable usb from the ISO file, does that ISO file remain the same in the sense that I can use it to to an In-Place Repair or reinstall Windows?...
  7. Simply copy ISO image file from USB stick?

Simply copy ISO image file from USB stick?: Hello, can I simply copy a finished Windows 10 ISO file to a USB stick and then boot with it, or do I need software beforehand that makes the USB stick bootable with the ISO file? ISO-Imagedatei einfach aus USB-Stick kopieren?
  8. USB Not Detecting on MAC

USB Not Detecting on MAC: YES this started on a MAC but involves some elements of Windows in here as well My USB drive is not being recognized on my MAC Book Pro 2015, I have tried many solutions online from different forums and youtube videos, and the drive still down not come up Now connecting it...
  9. Copying ISO to USB fails!

Copying ISO to USB fails!: Help Redditors! I’m hoping you guys can help me figure out an issue I keep running into... I’m trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my Lenovo U510 Ideapad via USB boot. I’m using a Mac to create the USB containing my Windows 10 ISO (I’ve actually tried two...
  10. MCT not functional. Making USB Install, Copy ISO content?

MCT not functional. Making USB Install, Copy ISO content?: I referred to this thread from April: Use MCT to create bootable Flash drive with previously downloaded ISO Post #2 from Bree looks really simple - so simple I'd be amazed. The first thing is to mark the USB device "active" according to Bree. AFAIK, and just tried it, Disk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to copy a windows cd to a mac usb

2. pls give me bootsect.exe or cd boot