Windows 10: Copy/move all nef files on drive to one single file

Discus and support Copy/move all nef files on drive to one single file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I should like to copy and/or mover (xcopy?) all my nef files on a given drive to a single file. How ? Win 10 Pro 64 Version 1909 Thank you, JJV 165178 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lacustre, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Lacustre Win User

Copy/move all nef files on drive to one single file

I should like to copy and/or mover (xcopy?) all my nef files on a given drive to a single file.
    How ?
    Win 10 Pro 64 Version 1909
    Thank you,
    JJV

:)

Lacustre, Sep 25, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Sep 25, 2020
  4. fusionblu Win User

File copying speed questions

Quite easily USB flash storage pen drive speed can be influenced by type of HDD or SSD inside the machine (both the physical device itself, the controller they are connected to via motherboard in terms of hardware, firmware and drivers wise), the USB controller on the particular machine (which includes hardware, firmware and drivers) and lastly there is the performance of the USB pen drive itself.

Normally you would get good USB pen drive performance from machines with the latest hardware, updated with latest firmware and software, and when the machine is used with a new USB pen drive with good performance specifications.

As for speed fluctuations the first part of the process is often done with temporary burst speed and drops down to a sustained speed, and transfer speeds can vary with different types of files such as copying a single file (often fast), multiple files (normally take longer and can take longer than copying multiple files, which are collectively the same size, as a single file) or a compressed files with either a single or multiple files inside (normally faster than uncompressed files of the same set of files which were compress into the compressed archive file).

fusionblu, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Copy/move all nef files on drive to one single file - Similar Threads - Copy move nef

2. copy files to one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy files to one drive: unlike photos and documents,the videos files are not copy automaticaly in one drive. so ,how to do it manually? it was easy with window 10. thanks. i have window 11 pro version 22 h2 os build 22623.891...
  3. copy files to one drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    copy files to one drive: unlike photos and documents,the videos files are not copy automaticaly in one drive. so ,how to do it manually? it was easy with window 10. thanks. i have window 11 pro version 22 h2 os build 22623.891...
  4. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  5. Moving or Copying Files

Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  6. Moving files to One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving files to One Drive: I need to free up space on my C drive and I wish to delete several files, mainly videos, without deleting them from my OneDrive account. There is supposed to be a "Free up space" option on File Explorer but it is not on mine. Thank you...
  7. Moving files to One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving files to One Drive: I need to free up space on my C drive and I wish to delete several files, mainly videos, without deleting them from my OneDrive account. There is supposed to be a "Free up space" option on File Explorer but it is not on mine. Thank you...
  8. Moving files to One Drive

9. recovering files moved to one drive

recovering files moved to one drive: So i wanted to move a folder of photos from my one laptop to another. I moved the folder to my one drive but it did not upload because i was not signed in. Before i signed in i deleted the queued folder of photos because i did not want it to start downloading as soon as i...
  10. copy move files

copy move files: Hi I am a photographer and on Windows 10 I manually copy images to backup all the time.... I want to copy files to backup and filter only by name & size and not by Date/Time... Because of Daylight Saving Time many times my backup files do not jive with the original files...