Windows 10: Copy/move all nef files on drive to one single file

Discus and support Copy/move all nef files on drive to one single file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I should like to copy and/or mover (xcopy?) all my nef files on a given drive to a single file. How ? Win 10 Pro 64 Version 1909 Thank you, JJV 165178 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lacustre, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Lacustre Win User

Copy/move all nef files on drive to one single file

I should like to copy and/or mover (xcopy?) all my nef files on a given drive to a single file.
    How ?
    Win 10 Pro 64 Version 1909
    Thank you,
    JJV

:)

Lacustre, Sep 25, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Sep 25, 2020
  4. fusionblu Win User

File copying speed questions

Quite easily USB flash storage pen drive speed can be influenced by type of HDD or SSD inside the machine (both the physical device itself, the controller they are connected to via motherboard in terms of hardware, firmware and drivers wise), the USB controller on the particular machine (which includes hardware, firmware and drivers) and lastly there is the performance of the USB pen drive itself.

Normally you would get good USB pen drive performance from machines with the latest hardware, updated with latest firmware and software, and when the machine is used with a new USB pen drive with good performance specifications.

As for speed fluctuations the first part of the process is often done with temporary burst speed and drops down to a sustained speed, and transfer speeds can vary with different types of files such as copying a single file (often fast), multiple files (normally take longer and can take longer than copying multiple files, which are collectively the same size, as a single file) or a compressed files with either a single or multiple files inside (normally faster than uncompressed files of the same set of files which were compress into the compressed archive file).

fusionblu, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Copy/move all nef files on drive to one single file - Similar Threads - Copy move nef

2. EFS copying , moving files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    EFS copying , moving files: Hello, I am preparing for the MD-100 certification and I have a question about copying or moving EFS files. According to Exam Ref MD-100 Windows 10 by Andrew Bettany on page #188 "EFS will prevent attempts to copy or move encrypted data by anyone except users who have the...
  3. nikon nef files quandry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    nikon nef files quandry: Hi All Have i got a problem or what?? i downloaded 429 nef filesnikon photos to a directory on my desktop a few weeks ago. I had a look at the directory a couple of days ago and i noticed the files were now a graphic of 2 mountains and a moon in the right corner and 2...
  4. One Drive and copying files to new computer

One Drive and copying files to new computer: My wife has an old computer with several hundred gigabytes of photos on her hard drive/OneDrive. I'm getting her a new computer. If I manually copy those photos over to the new computer hard drive/OneDrive in an identical location, will OneDrive realize that they are...
  5. Windows saving all files to One Drive

Windows saving all files to One Drive: How can I change the location where my files are saved? Somehow windows is saving ALL my files to One Drive and not my hard drive. I've tried to change the location in my apps (Word, Excel, etc) but the files are still going to One Drive. BTW, I uninstalled One Drive, but...
  6. Move a Copy of a Picture to One Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Move a Copy of a Picture to One Drive: Hello everyone. I can't figure out how I can move a copy of a picture that's on my PC to OneDrive while keeping the original on my PC. The only way I can see is to move the picture to OneDrive but that moves it off my PC. I have some pictures that I want to keep in both...
  7. MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS

MOVING FILES BETWEEN ONE DRIVE ACCOUNTS: I have two personal One Drive accounts, each on its own email address. I need to move files from one of those accounts to the other. I am downloading each file or folder and then copying them into the other account and it is a nightmare! I have been working on it for days and...
  8. Unable to copy all files to USB flash drive

Unable to copy all files to USB flash drive: Hi, I purchased two 128GB usb flash drive to backup several files. But when the size or number of files exceed a limit - which is not big and it is less than 2000 number of files - it gives an error. Then when I open the drive, all other already-copied files are also...
  9. Save page as one single file ?

in Browsers and Email
    Save page as one single file ?: After FF removed "save as MHT" add-on, only IE can save in that format and also open it. It was a very nifty feature and I have all slew of them saved like that. Saving in HTML format makes a folder + .html file which is cumbersome to keep. 114540
  10. Set file association for .NEF files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set file association for .NEF files: I have Photoshop CS4 along with Camera Raw installed as well as Adobe Acrobat 9.5. Everytime I try to open a .NEF file Windows tries to open it in Acrobat 9.5. Naturally it cannot. When I go to the file associations Photoshop CS4 is not an option. Can anyone help me associate...