Windows 10: copy move files

Discus and support copy move files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I am a photographer and on Windows 10 I manually copy images to backup all the time.... I want to copy files to backup and filter only by name &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DamoclesSS, Feb 2, 2021.

1. copy move files

Hi I am a photographer and on Windows 10 I manually copy images to backup all the time....

I want to copy files to backup and filter only by name & size and not by Date/Time...

Because of Daylight Saving Time many times my backup files do not jive with the original files because the time stamp is 1 hour off plus or minus...

So it shows all files as different even though no changes were made.... therefore I have to scroll at times thru 100's of images...

This way I can only backup files that have changed saving many many hours...

I hope I have explained clearly...

thanks

:)

DamoclesSS, Feb 2, 2021
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Feb 2, 2021
  4. copy move files

Delicieuxz, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

copy move files

1. copy move files - Similar Threads - copy move files

2. How to move files to USB and not copy.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to move files to USB and not copy.: I have a lot of files I want to move to a USB drive to free up space, but it just copies the files instead of moves them. Doing this causes all the files to lose their original creation dates and I don't want that to happen. Does anyone know how to just move them?...
  3. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy: Hello. I can't figure out why when I drag and drop files to different folders in File Explorer there are times it 'moves' versus 'copies'. I can't tell what I'm doing differently. Thanks....
  4. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy: Hello. I can't figure out why when I drag and drop files to different folders in File Explorer there are times it 'moves' versus 'copies'. I can't tell what I'm doing differently. Thanks....
  5. FILE EXPLORER - Move vs. Copy

6. Moving or Copying Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  7. Moving or Copying Files

Moving or Copying Files: My new Windows 11 is disappointing because it fails to incorporate Windows 10 excellent file management system when it comes to sending or copying a file. Is there any thought to bringing that feature into W11?...
  8. Copied or Moved Video Files Will Not Play

Copied or Moved Video Files Will Not Play: I am running Windows 10 Pro. My issue is this: when I copy or paste a video file MP4, MKV, AVI etc., the file will not open in Windows Media Player, VLC Player or Divx. The file plays fine in its original location, but once moved, will not open. I do get an error from Windows...
  9. EFS copying , moving files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    EFS copying , moving files: Hello, I am preparing for the MD-100 certification and I have a question about copying or moving EFS files. According to Exam Ref MD-100 Windows 10 by Andrew Bettany on page #188 "EFS will prevent attempts to copy or move encrypted data by anyone except users who have the...
  10. Moving/copying Windows music files

Moving/copying Windows music files: How do I select "all" of my albums in windows music in order to transfer them to an external hard drive? There is no option for this that I can find. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movingcopying-windows-music-files/eb003712-6506-4c8e-974a-b08455c24455"