Windows 10: Copy multiple folders content to another folder

Discus and support Copy multiple folders content to another folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need to copy the content of aprox 500 folders to another folder (I want to have all in the same folder). Is there any way to do it with a program or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Armenthius, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Copy multiple folders content to another folder

I need to copy the content of aprox 500 folders to another folder (I want to have all in the same folder). Is there any way to do it with a program or commands? I dont want to do it manually because it would take a lot of time. Thank you!

submitted by /u/Armenthius
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Armenthius, Oct 13, 2020
  2. rowb0t Win User

Copying contents of multiple folders to a location

Hi,

In a directory I have multiple folders with files within each folder. I want to copy the contents of each of those folders to another location.

Is there a way to do this without having to open all the folders in a directory and dragging the contents to the new location?

rowb0t, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Copying contents of multiple folders to a location

There are many ways to do this. Here is an easy command-line option.

Copy Multiple Files from Subfolders to Single Folder - Microsoft Community :
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/copy-multiple-files-from-subfolders-to-single/60375efe-426b-42b8-8048-30a7d94847c6?page=1

[Using Search] If you need to do this using GUI, do a search for all files (*.*) from the from the parent folder (and search all sub directories). From the search results, select all files, right-click and choose "Cut". Open the destination folder where
    you want to move all files to, right-click and choose Paste. But files that aren't indexed wouldn't be listed/copied... that's one thing
    you need to watch out for.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Copy multiple folders content to another folder

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Copy multiple folders content to another folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Copy multiple folders content to another folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Copy multiple folders content to another folder

1. Copy multiple folders content to another folder - Similar Threads - Copy multiple folders

2. Copy and Rename Folder Multiple Times

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy and Rename Folder Multiple Times: I work for a homebuilder and need to create multiple folders for each lot that we sell. With 200+ units, is there a quick way to duplicate this folder, and rename the copies? There has to be a more efficient way of doing this besides manually pasting and renaming each...
  3. Copy and Rename Folder Multiple Times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy and Rename Folder Multiple Times: I work for a homebuilder and need to create multiple folders for each lot that we sell. With 200+ units, is there a quick way to duplicate this folder, and rename the copies? There has to be a more efficient way of doing this besides manually pasting and renaming each...
  4. Copy and Rename Folder Multiple Times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Copy Multiple Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Copy Multiple Folders: Hello All,I'm trying to copy multiple folders from one drive to another, however, I've only been able to copy a single folder at at time. There is a parent folders with many subfolders. I expected that I could just copy the parent folder and that all the subfolders would be...
  6. Windows 11 Copy Multiple Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Copy Multiple Folders: Hello All,I'm trying to copy multiple folders from one drive to another, however, I've only been able to copy a single folder at at time. There is a parent folders with many subfolders. I expected that I could just copy the parent folder and that all the subfolders would be...
  7. How do I copy the contents of the Documents folder to another folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I copy the contents of the Documents folder to another folder: I'm asking how to copy the contents of the Documents folder to another folder, not move the folder, itself. The Documents folder seems to have a special status, and the normal copy-paste approach seems to only work for a limited number of folders at one time. Unusual things...
  8. Multiple Folders not copying and Pasting.

Multiple Folders not copying and Pasting.: I just updated to Windows 10 PRO Build 18363.592 Version 1909. When I try to copy 4 or 5 folders from one location to the other, nothing happens. I have to copy one folder at the time. This is very annoying. Is there any fix for this? Thanks...
  9. Copy folders from 1 disk to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy folders from 1 disk to another: What the heck is wrong with Win 10? At the present time I'm running Win 10 Ver.1909, OS build 18363.692 and can't even copy folders from one disk to another. The folders are on a Samsung 1tb SSD and copying to a WD 3TB disk. When I select a folder, for example "MP3's" it will...
  10. Contents of Folder

Contents of Folder: I am needing to be able to get a list of all of the files in a specific folder. Ultimately, I would like to transfer the list to an excel spreadsheet, but the only way I know of that "MAY" work is to print the file names to an Adobe file and then convert them over to an...