Windows 10: Copy of my USB Drive inserted into the Main Computer Drive

Discus and support Copy of my USB Drive inserted into the Main Computer Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am tearing my hair out in frustration over a situation caused accidentally on my laptop with Windows 10 Home - 64 bit Operating System that has left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Roger GarethMorris, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Copy of my USB Drive inserted into the Main Computer Drive

I am tearing my hair out in frustration over a situation caused accidentally on my laptop with Windows 10 Home - 64 bit Operating System that has left me with a copy of the USB drive placed within the main PC Drive. I would be so grateful for any guidance to clear the problem.

:)

Roger GarethMorris, Feb 24, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

please insert a disc into the usb drive

Hi,

It seems that your USB is having an issue. We suggest running Check Disk to find and repair errors in the USB drive. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste chkdsk E: /f, then hit Enter.

Please use chkdsk E: command to check the integrity of your USB drive.

Note: Change "E:" to the USB drive letter you're using.

Let us know the result.

Riel Alc, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Copying music files to a thumb drive

Hi Dennypic747,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. What is the exact name of the app that you are using?
    2. Is that a Microsoft Store app or a Desktop app?
    3. How did you download the music files and where have you saved those files?

Please follow these steps to copy the music files from the computer to the USB flash drive:

Step 1: Insert the USB drive into the USB port on your computer. Try to use a port directly on your computer. Windows will usually notify you that a USB drive was inserted, and an AutoPlay window may appear. You can close
    the AutoPlay window for now.

Step 2: Open File Explorer by pressing Windows key + E together.

Step 3: Click This PC and Find your USB drive. Your USB drive will be displayed in the "Devices and drives" section of the window.

Step 4: Note the drive letter for the USB drive. Knowing the drive letter will make it easier to send files to the drive later.

Step 5: Find the music files that you want to copy to the USB drive. Your music files may be located in a variety of locations on your computer:

Step 6: Select all of the files and folders that you want to copy. You can also press Ctrl+A to select everything in the current folder.

You may find it easier to move all of your music files into one spot on your computer, organized into folders. You can then copy all of the folders and files at once.

Step 7: Wait for the files to copy. Your selected files will begin copying to your USB drive.

Step 8: Once the copy is done, click the "Safely Remove Hardware" button in your System Tray. This will unmount the drive from your system, allowing you to safely remove it without corrupting any data.

Pull the USB drive out of the computer. Your music is now safely stored on your USB drive.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Copy of my USB Drive inserted into the Main Computer Drive

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Copy of my USB Drive inserted into the Main Computer Drive

1. Copy of my USB Drive inserted into the Main Computer Drive - Similar Threads - Copy USB Drive

2. Please Insert a disk into USB Drive D:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Insert a disk into USB Drive D:: Hi although I know it states OneDrive does not support an external hard disk. I run out of space of my windows11 laptop internal hard drive and brought an external Hard Drive a couple of years ago. This has been synchronising perfectly well with my laptop ever since until...
  3. Please Insert a disk into USB Drive D:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Insert a disk into USB Drive D:: Hi although I know it states OneDrive does not support an external hard disk. I run out of space of my windows11 laptop internal hard drive and brought an external Hard Drive a couple of years ago. This has been synchronising perfectly well with my laptop ever since until...
  4. USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted: So I recently bought a USB 2.0 Memorex 64GB flash drive, and after using it as a disk in VMware, the flash drive now doesn't load in Windows and appears as "USB Drive F: without a storage indicator, doesn't load in the virtual machine, and freezes explorer when loading the...
  5. USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted: So I recently bought a USB 2.0 Memorex 64GB flash drive, and after using it as a disk in VMware, the flash drive now doesn't load in Windows and appears as "USB Drive F: without a storage indicator, doesn't load in the virtual machine, and freezes explorer when loading the...
  6. USB Flash Drive slows down computers when inserted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Please insert a disk in to USB Drive

Please insert a disk in to USB Drive: Up until midday the stick was working perfectly. I did an eject, popped it in another pc, copied a file on, did an eject and now all I can get is the above message. Lots of work on it - not irreplaceable I'd rather not have to do the whole lot again. I've tried a few software...
  8. Please insert a disk into USB Drive :E

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please insert a disk into USB Drive :E: Hello. My actual USB drive is not showing up under Devices and Drives in the File Manager. I watched fixes and it told me to go to Create and format hard disk partitions. Then, under the unallocated space that the drive has, make a new volume. When I do this, it says "The...
  9. USB Flash drive please insert a disk

USB Flash drive please insert a disk: Usb flash drive please insert a disk, tried different computers. Updated drivers. Changed drive letter. Uninstalled driver and reinstalled. Checked for updates. Ran troubleshooter. Please help I have a document I really need.......
  10. Copy WinSXS file to usb drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copy WinSXS file to usb drive: I have two desktops - exactly same specs - Windows 10 10240. One runs SFC Scannow showing no corruption and DISM with no errors. The other has corruption but SFC can't fix and Dism can't find source files. My thinking is if I can use the 1st pc's WinSXS files to run DISM,...