Windows 10: copy of program goes in all the directories /users in the computer although its meant for...

Discus and support copy of program goes in all the directories /users in the computer although its meant for... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; There ae 4 users in my PC. If if download a program, it is copied in all the other three user directories. How to avoid that. If I delete that program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Motherwell IslamicCentre, Mar 30, 2019.

1. copy of program goes in all the directories /users in the computer although its meant for...

There ae 4 users in my PC. If if download a program, it is copied in all the other three user directories.

How to avoid that. If I delete that program from other users then my program is also deleted.

:)

Motherwell IslamicCentre, Mar 30, 2019

2. DVD copy program.

I need to copy my daughters recital and I'm looking for a good cloning program. What do you guys suggest? Something free. Also is there a way to do it in win7?

TheMailMan78, Mar 30, 2019
  3. How to copy administrator user account

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to copy the user date and check if it helps.

Note: I suggest to create a new user profile and transfer user data to new account and delete or change the corrupt user profile.

Copy User Data: Follow the below steps to copy files to the new user profile

• Log on as a user other than the user whose profile you are copying files to or from.
    • In Windows Explorer, click View, and Check mark hidden files and folders, uncheck the
      Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click
      OK
    • Locate the C:\Users\Old Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and Old Username is the name of the profile you want to copy user data from.
    • Press and hold down the CTRL key while you click each file and subfolder in this folder, except the following files:

• Ntuser.dat

• Ntuser.dat.log

• Ntuser.ini
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Copy
    • Locate the C:\Users\New Username folder, where
      C is the drive on which Windows is installed, and New Username is the name of the user profile that you created in the "Create a New User Profile" section.
    • On the Edit menu, click
      Paste
    • Log off the computer, and then log on as the new user.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 30, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

copy of program goes in all the directories /users in the computer although its meant for...

Alternate Program directory, all programs missing

A list of programs installed? There are programs that can list the software you've installed on your system, and of course there is the Control Panel, Programs and Features list.

dalchina, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

copy of program goes in all the directories /users in the computer although its meant for...

1. copy of program goes in all the directories /users in the computer although its meant for... - Similar Threads - copy program goes

2. Is MS copying operating system files and directories - related to users directory to the cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is MS copying operating system files and directories - related to users directory to the cloud: Hi,It is the second time that I noticed that my user files were transferred to the cloud.I did not do it and I do not want it.What can I do to prevents this from happening?Thank you...
  3. Is MS copying operating system files and directories - related to users directory to the cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is MS copying operating system files and directories - related to users directory to the cloud: Hi,It is the second time that I noticed that my user files were transferred to the cloud.I did not do it and I do not want it.What can I do to prevents this from happening?Thank you...
  4. Is MS copying operating system files and directories - related to users directory to the cloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User: How to copy All Users and Default User from C drive to D drive?All Users and Default User seems to be shortcut icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-users-profile-all-users-and-default-user/e94bb39f-d648-4b2e-a930-a7aea4c158e2
  6. Active Directory Users and Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Directory Users and Computers: Saludos a tod@s. Me gustaria saber si desde Visual Basic Excel puedo hace una consulta a Active Directory Users and Computers para obtener el valor de un campo determinado como podría ser el del nombre. Espero noticias, gracias de ante mano!!!! - Greetings to all. I...
  7. Change lockscreen for all the users computer using active directory.

Change lockscreen for all the users computer using active directory.: Hello dears, I'm writting here because i can't find a solution. I've been searching on google in multiple forums and other sites for a script powershell but i can't find where is my mistake. Here is my code : Import-Module ActiveDirectory $computers =...
  8. Active Directory Users and Computers

Active Directory Users and Computers: I have my Windows 10 display language and input keyboard language set to Swedish. I work with Windows Directory Services alot and I want the display language of Active Directory to be different than my Windows Display Language. I want to set it to English. I have tried...
  9. File History Not Copying All Files and Directories

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File History Not Copying All Files and Directories: I have windows 10 version 1803, and noticed today that the directory structure set up on my external hard drive by File History is different to the directory structure it is supposed to be copying across, in that there are many sub-directories missing. Some of the missing...
  10. Alternate Program directory, all programs missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Alternate Program directory, all programs missing: Hello, I have a multiple SSD/HD setup in my laptop. My main SSD that I use for the system isn't very large, so I use an alternate directory (not C:\Program Files (x86)) on my secondary SSD to install my programs. Things like Intuit Quickbooks, Office, and other 3rd party...