Windows 10: Copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft against Dell OEM version

Discus and support Copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft against Dell OEM version in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Dell Laptop. It came with preinstalled version of windows 10. I am getting an SSD added to my laptop and want the OS to be installed on SSD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HimNagpal, Aug 17, 2019.

1. HimNagpal Win User

Copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft against Dell OEM version

I have a Dell Laptop. It came with preinstalled version of windows 10.

I am getting an SSD added to my laptop and want the OS to be installed on SSD.

Can i get a copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft if i show the details of laptop?

:)

HimNagpal, Aug 17, 2019
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Aug 17, 2019
  3. taz420nj Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

LOL yes they do. Legit OEM copies DO come with a key - on a sticker that you affix to the case. OEM and SLP (System Locked Preactivation) are NOT the same thing. SLP is what large OEMs like Dell, HP, etc do, where every system came out of the factory activated with the same "Manufacturer's Master" key in XP, Vista, and 7. Reinstalling with the factory image preserves this activation. However if you dig that key out with Magical Jellybean and try to do a clean install with it, activation will fail. That's why every machine that came out of a factory ALSO had a COA with a unique key. That is what you need to use for a clean install. Starting with 8, large OEMs began embedding the unique key into the BIOS, which is why they no longer come with a unique key sticker. However, you can still buy legit OEM versions of every version (the ones that small shops would use for their custom machines) - including 10 - which come with the sticker with a unique key.

The only differences between OEM and Retail versions is that the OEM version locks to the first motherboard it is activated on, while Retail can be moved to a different one. OEM also come with no support.

taz420nj, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft against Dell OEM version

Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft against Dell OEM version

1. Copy of Windows 10 from Microsoft against Dell OEM version - Similar Threads - Copy Microsoft against

2. Need to get an OEM copy of Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to get an OEM copy of Win 10: Hello I upgraded a friends win 7 computer with a new SS HD and discovered I can no longer upgrade to WIn 10 with the Win 7 password. So I am stuck with buying a WIn 10 license. Where is the best place to get a Win 10 OEM license? I hate to charge my friend retail for one....
  3. Lawsuit Against Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lawsuit Against Microsoft?: This issue is ongoing now for 2+ months since the release of 1903, Windows is capping users internet speeds, I have posted this already, submitted a feedback, talked to microsoft support, and it isnt being tracked on there "Known" issues. So im asking wonder how fast...
  4. Details about windows 10 OEM version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Details about windows 10 OEM version: I have purchased a new laptop without Windows OS(it has a preintalled OS,Not Windows). I am a student, can i insall the Windows 10 OEM to my laptop? Is it illegal? If it is not legal then where can i get the Windows 10 education version?...
  5. Microsoft Windows OEM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Windows OEM: I want to know if there are documents that explain the correct procedure for purchasing Windows OEM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-oem/a4abeab9-e935-4f8c-b477-14c9af40c9b9"
  6. I want to downgrade from a pirated version of Windows 10 Pro to a legitimate OEM copy of...

I want to downgrade from a pirated version of Windows 10 Pro to a legitimate OEM copy of...: So I bought a used HP OMEN 15 (2017) from a reseller a while ago and it seems that the reseller had illegitimately upgraded Windows to Pro and a bundled a couple pirated software that I didn't want. So I reset the installation and shrugged it off. Of course the illegitimate...
  7. OEM Version of Windows 10 Pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    OEM Version of Windows 10 Pro: Hi, Where can I get the instructions to install win 10 pro on my current windows 8.1 desktop? I tried it once with no luck. According to Frye's Electronics' it will take some tools that I can download from Microsoft. I'm not sure where I can get them and which ones....
  8. Compliance request from Microsoft for my Windows 10 OEM licence

Compliance request from Microsoft for my Windows 10 OEM licence: Hi have a compliance request from Microsoft who are asking me for my licence key for our windows 10 OEM ... from reading around it is all acivated when we start up the first time and saved to your microsoft account but I cant seem to find it on my account.... please help....
  9. Retail version or OEM version

in Windows 10 Support
    Retail version or OEM version: Hi Friends, I am thinking of building a new PC on my own. I am a home user only. I will buy all the hardware from a local shop ie motherboard, cpu, ram, hdd etc and then I would like to install a genuine/legal version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on it. But should I buy OEM...
  10. Windows 10 Users Rail Against Microsoft Bloatware

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Users Rail Against Microsoft Bloatware: In addition to some pre-installed Windows 10 apps, Microsoft is also bundling others belonging to third parties, including Candy Crush Saga, a game that has already proved to be very successful on mobile platforms. But on Windows 10, users don’t seem to be very excited about...