Windows 10: copy outlook settings, accounts, contacts etc from 2010 to 2016/2019

Discus and support copy outlook settings, accounts, contacts etc from 2010 to 2016/2019 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi folks Easy way to copy your whole kybosh from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2016/2019 on another computer. Simply using the export facility just copies... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by jimbo45, May 5, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

copy outlook settings, accounts, contacts etc from 2010 to 2016/2019

Hi folks
    Easy way to copy your whole kybosh from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2016/2019 on another computer.

Simply using the export facility just copies the mail items - the reg method copies everything (except passwords which you will have to re-enter).

(On the same computer you don't need to do anything - just install Office 2016/2019 BEFORE uninstalling Office 2010 - then you can uninstall Office 2010 although Office 2010 and Office 2019 at least will both run (Outlook won't run concurrently though whereas EXCEL etc will).

Ms don't make this very user friendly though - and you will need to remember your passwords on your accounts. This also copies all the emails in entirety - IMAP no problem.

so
    1) Copy from documents Outlook files folder to external device
    2) on New computer install Office 2016/2019 but don't open OUTLOOK.
    3) Open one of the products say EXCEL, accept license agreement and activate the product.
    4) check for any updates and apply - also add any language packs if you use Outlook in different languages.
    5) folders can be translated to desired language if you run the following from Win+R command : outlook.exe /resetfolders.
    6) on OLD computer start REGEDIT and copy following file to external device

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

7) on new computer copy outlook files folder to documents

8) double click on the reg file you copied from the old computer

9) you'll be asked to enter the passwords for each of the accounts

10) job done --start outlook 2019 and all your accounts etc will be in place -- also avoids using those horrible simplified screens for manually setting up the accounts.

Note this method also works for copying profiles of 2016/2019 to new computer

In this case use registry file HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Profiles

If all else fails

don't uninstall Office 2010 on old computer -- install Office 2019 on old computer BUT DON'T activate on old computer -- just copy the reg file (the 2019 one) after installing Office 2019. If you still want to use the old computer uninstall Office 2019 again.

Now import that on to new computer

Again job done

Can't say if this works when transferring to Office 365 as I don't have it but I would assume that it does work though as people keep the same email accounts I assume.

Why Ms make this such a hideous palava to copy profiles / accounts etc to a new machine --- next question please !!!!

If totally hosed up - install both Outlook 2010 and 2019 on new computer -- copy the outlook 2010 profile to the new computer from the old one plus the outlook folder in documents.
    Don't activate office 2010. After copying the profile start up outlook 2019, enter passwords then unistall Office 2010.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 5, 2019

2. Configuring additional Contacts accounts in Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 Pro

In Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 Pro, I can add a Contacts Folder?/Address Book? by undertaking the following steps:

1. Go to Start->Control Panel->Mail(32-bit)
    2. Select 'Show Profiles...' and double-click the correct profile for my system
    3. Select 'E-mail Accounts...'
    4. Under the 'E-mail' tab, select 'New...'
    5. Make sure that 'E-mail Account' is selected and hit 'Next >'
    6. Fill in the name, email address, and password for the given account and hit 'Next >'.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to configure the same profile in Outlook 2016 on Windows 10 Pro.

Any thoughts?

Strawberry, May 5, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Adjusting font size in Outlook folder list (2016/2019)

Hi folks
    Is there a way to get this screen in Outlook 2016/2019.

Here in Outlook 2010 you can easily adjust the font size and type in the folder list (navigation pane) and other things which makes it much more readable on a large monitor - sometimes default fonts are too tiny - especially when viewed on large screens !!

copy outlook settings, accounts, contacts etc from 2010 to 2016/2019 [​IMG]

I can't seem to get to similar screens in Outlook 2016/2019.
    In Some places you can't set size either - you just get choice of small, large, larger !!!!!!! definitely a retrograde step IMO.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 5, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

How to Synch. Outlook 2010 Mail & Contacts with Microsoft Account?

I keep contact details in my Microsoft account (at Sign in to your Microsoft account). I've been using Outlook 2010 with the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector and this used to synchronise my contacts fine.

However, for a while now, I've noticed mail synchronisation errors and I've had to configure my Microsoft mail account to use the standard IMAP settings (not via the Hotmail connector).

However, this method no longer synchronises my contacts. How do you configure the mail and contact settings in Outlook 2010 to synchronise both mail and contacts in Outlook 2010 with my Microsoft account?

Steve C, May 5, 2019
Thema:

1. copy outlook settings, accounts, contacts etc from 2010 to 2016/2019 - Similar Threads - copy outlook settings

2. Search in Outlook 2016 and 2019

in Cortana
    Search in Outlook 2016 and 2019: A long time searching in Outlook when connected to an Exchange server in cached mode has been an issue. Search result does not return all, if any results. We know about rebuilding search database, but the issue happens very frequently, so we have had to disable cached mode in...
  3. Folder font adjustment - outlook 2010 OK 2016/2019 where

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Folder font adjustment - outlook 2010 OK 2016/2019 where: Hi folks If you are running on a very large monitor (e.g 48 inch / bigger) the folder display in Outlook 2016/2019 is too small. On Office 2010 it's all configurable. Why on earth does Ms think everybody can read or like to read tiny fonts. Anyway is there a similar screen...
  4. Lost all my contacts, e-mails, etc in Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Lost all my contacts, e-mails, etc in Outlook 2016: Yesterday I successfully moved all my Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos Folders from my overloaded SSD to a 1Tb HD drive. However, the process of moving all this data over has caused my Outlook 2016 app to lose all my contacts, e-mails, etc. It has been suggested that I...
  5. Transfering account settings from Outlook 2013 to 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Transfering account settings from Outlook 2013 to 2016: Hi I need some advise. I've been using Outlook 2013 in Win 8 on other partition. I wanted to backup my old Outlook 2013 account settings and restore them into Outlook2016 because I have 7-8 email accounts. I did the registry backup from outlook /15/profile/outlook ....
  6. How to Synch. Outlook 2010 Mail & Contacts with Microsoft Account?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Synch. Outlook 2010 Mail & Contacts with Microsoft Account?: I keep contact details in my Microsoft account (at Sign in to your Microsoft account). I've been using Outlook 2010 with the Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector and this used to synchronise my contacts fine. However, for a while now, I've noticed mail synchronisation...
  7. Contacts missing in outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts missing in outlook 2016: I upgraded office 2007 to office 2016 professional. Everything was OK yesterday. But today I noticed that all my contacts in outlook are missing. They changed the file outlook.pst to “my L: name@woh.rr.com.ost. I put in my old outlook.pst that I have saved but it ignores it...
  8. Outlook 2016 not talking to Exchange 2010

Outlook 2016 not talking to Exchange 2010: Hi There, I'm trying to configure Outlook 2016 on Windows 10, connected to a local network. However if I auto set up Outlook it doesn't go through and comes up with ''the Microsoft exchange information service in your profile is missing required information. Modify your...
  9. Outlook 2016 contacts

Outlook 2016 contacts: I am having a bit of a mare with outlook. I have my main POP3 email address plus a Hotmail acc (lesser used) setup in it. Obviously my POP3 is my main default acc I always use. But when I go to my contacts list (setup in business card display) it always defaults to my Hotmail...
  10. Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?

Outlook 2016 Export Account Settings?: I've just done a clean install of Windows 10 on another PC; I've also installed Office 2016. After all the fuss created with previous version of Outlook, I can't believe that Outlook 2016 still doesn't have an option to Export Account Settings. Has anyone got a way to do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happens to outlook 2010 contacts when i install office 2019?

2. copy outlook account with password