Windows 10: Copy & Paste differences with Win. 7 & 10?

Discus and support Copy & Paste differences with Win. 7 & 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have several Windows systems! 2 x Windows 10 & 1 x Windows 7 Prof. I noticed that when Copying and Pasting files in Windows 10, it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Composer, Nov 8, 2015.

1. Composer Win User

Copy & Paste differences with Win. 7 & 10?

I have several Windows systems!

2 x Windows 10 & 1 x Windows 7 Prof.

I noticed that when Copying and Pasting files in Windows 10, it doesn't appear to have the File check saying ' Newer ' (as does Win. 7 Prof) if the file to be copied over is Newer than the existing one?

I really like that method!

Windows 10 offers 3 Options but doesn't appear to be as useful as the Windows 7 Method!

Can I get Windows 10 to ALWAYS recognise if the File I am about to Copy over & Paste to a different folder is Newer than the existing one in that other Folder - File I would like to replace if it is Older?

Thanks

:)

Composer, Nov 8, 2015

2. Copy & Paste??

ok, thanks for that.

trucrave28, Nov 8, 2015
  3. Copy & Paste??

not as of yet.

there was an update that was pushed to allow for copy/paste in the terminal, but not in any other program.

hopefully it will be in the pr1.2.

there is no eta for that yet.

ceroberts75, Nov 8, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

I think you have some other program installed on the Win 7 system, possibly Teracopy, that is generating the Newer choice. That's not part of the OS as far as I can see.

Ztruker, Nov 8, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    My laptop was running Win 7 for 1 year+ before it was upgraded to Win 10.
    I never saw the " Newer" option in my Win 7.

Mine was a Home Premium edition, but I don't think that would make a difference.

davidhk, Nov 8, 2015
  6. Cliff Win User
    Well I always had it on Windows 7 Home and it was definitely not an add-on.

Cliff, Nov 9, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    Really ?
    If you still have Win 7 Home, would you please post a screenshot on that?

davidhk, Nov 9, 2015
  8. Cliff Win User

If I have time later on tonight, I will swap drives back to 7 and try to get you a screenshot. Fair warning, it will be late tonight.

Cliff, Nov 9, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.

davidhk, Nov 9, 2015
  10. Cliff Win User
    Yes Sir, that's the perfect screenshot.
    Thanks Composer, you saved me from the swap.

Cliff, Nov 9, 2015
  11. Composer Win User
    I love that Win. 7 format and is one big reason I am reluctant to change to Win. 10 on that particular machine!

Composer, Nov 9, 2015
  12. davidhk Win User
    Oh, that one.
    Yes, I saw that numerous times. I forgot about that.
    Thank you for pointing it out.

davidhk, Nov 9, 2015
  13. davidhk Win User

Win 10 has a similar feature, but not exactly the same..................

Copy & Paste differences with Win. 7 & 10? [​IMG]

davidhk, Nov 9, 2015
  14. Ztruker Win User
    If you click the Compare both files selection you get a windows where you can keep both files and a number will be added to the new one being copied.

Copy & Paste differences with Win. 7 & 10? [​IMG]

Couple extra clicks but the capability is there.

Ztruker, Nov 10, 2015
  15. ksdixon Win User
    Pretty sure Windows10 will bold the higher filesize or newer date, allowing you quickly reference both data points to determine which is the file you want to keep.

ksdixon, Nov 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Copy & Paste differences with Win. 7 & 10? - Similar Threads - Copy Paste differences

2. Copy/Paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy/Paste: Hi,My Copy/Paste on Widows 11 doesn't work on my PC.Is there a way I can set my computer for it to work like Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copypaste/6ba679b4-d365-4d72-9ba4-373ed0f7a3c3
  3. Copy and Paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy and Paste: The following happens almost every time: I copy and paste something fine; however as soon as I start typing a new document, it will paste again--at least 3 or 4 times. Of course, I have to delete it. Does anyone know how I can correct this glitch?...
  4. hi all, win 10 problem with copy paste

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hi all, win 10 problem with copy paste: hi all, win 10 problem with copy paste from folder to folder after past in other folder, this folder disappear and nothing copied. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-all-win-10-problem-with-copy-paste/403d4eeb-0863-4e9c-a8c2-548594a20858
  5. Copy & Paste

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy & Paste: New comp. 4 or 5 months old. There is no coy & paste on it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-paste/27797a5d-d649-4f4d-bf14-c00c02f1c134
  6. Copy & Paste

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy & Paste: I need help with my Copy& paste, on my computer, is there an app that I go to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-paste/42daff44-31ef-4272-a549-c2fffeddbe4c
  7. Copy + Paste

Copy + Paste: I was trying to copy and paste an information and I can not, I know with Ctrl + C and Ctrl V but I can not use it, I do not have a mouse on my Laptop. Is there another way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-paste/2d9b23d9-8956-4a01-b841-757120c3956d
  8. Copy and paste

Copy and paste: Sometimes I can copy and paste with microsoft word + , but when I am online other sites , I can not copy and paste . How do i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/copy-and-paste/f366024b-492b-45b7-b087-951f1226a939
  9. Copy and paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy and paste: Why am I having trouble pasting stuff to notepad, wordpad and open office. It just prints off in one long column and in the open office I get lines and can't type into it. Help appreciated. Kerry...
  10. Copy & Paste

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy & Paste: Something just recently changed in Windows 10. I can no longer use the PASTE shortcut CRTL+V. To paste anything, I must use the right click and then click on PASTE. I generally use COPY (CRTL_C) then CRTL+V and it is done. Does anyone know how to correct this so I can use the...