Windows 10: Copy/Paste images from Pictures into Microsoft Paint

Discus and support Copy/Paste images from Pictures into Microsoft Paint in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,I work a lot with images and it is essential for me to know the dimensions of an image I am about to copy and paste. In the Pictures folder on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JimObasa55, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Copy/Paste images from Pictures into Microsoft Paint

Hello,I work a lot with images and it is essential for me to know the dimensions of an image I am about to copy and paste. In the Pictures folder on the C drive, I obviously get this information by hovering over the image BUTwhen I copied my entire Pictures folder to a branded flash drive to save space on my C drive, I discovered that hovering over an image in the new location F drive only gave me the SIZE of the image which is of no interest to me. I just want the DIMENSIONS e.g. 400x239. Is there any way to configure the newly relocated Pictures folder so that the dimensions are display

:)

JimObasa55, Aug 20, 2021

2. Cutting and copying in Paint greyed out

Hello Mary,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Paint greyed out option in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

• How exactly are you opening the pictures in Paint?
    • Have you tried to copy and paste the pictures in paint and check?

We suggest you to once try copy the picture and then paste it in paint and check if you are able to use the cut option.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 20, 2021
  3. elk117 Win User
    How to copy and paste into Paint

Within Windows 2007 under start you had a list of installed programmes and features and under the title Accessories amongst other useful things you had Paint. There one could copy and paste text from a Word document and save it as a picture file but under
    the new paint how do you do the same thing? With the option of as new canvas I'm given the choice of copying a picture, draw etc but cannot see of find where I can copy and paste text.

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

elk117, Aug 20, 2021
  4. Copy/Paste images from Pictures into Microsoft Paint

Pasting a picture into Paint from <prt.Sc>

Hi Francene,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Paint to paste the screen shots on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly are you referring to when you say: "This version doesn't appear"?
    • What happens when you press Ctrl+ V keys on Paint window?

Try the below steps and check if you are able to paste and save the screen shots on MS Paint.

• Try to access the picture you want to take the screen shot, press Print Screen
      button from the keyboard.
    • Open MS Paint by pressing Windows key, type
      paint and select MS Paint from the displayed options.
    • Press Ctrl + V keys to Paste the picture, later press
      Ctrl + S keys to Save the picture and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

Copy/Paste images from Pictures into Microsoft Paint

1. Copy/Paste images from Pictures into Microsoft Paint - Similar Threads - Copy Paste images

2. MS Paint copy and paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint copy and paste: Hello, Ever since the new Windows 11 update, MS paint keep resizing my pictures. Everytime I copy a MS paint picture in MS powerpoint or MS word, my picture is smaller exactly 28%. Resizing it causes a loss in image quality. do not compress in advance options of MS powerpoint...
  3. MS Paint copy and paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint copy and paste: Hello, Ever since the new Windows 11 update, MS paint keep resizing my pictures. Everytime I copy a MS paint picture in MS powerpoint or MS word, my picture is smaller exactly 28%. Resizing it causes a loss in image quality. do not compress in advance options of MS powerpoint...
  4. How to paste a razor-sharp copy of an image from Word into Paint?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to paste a razor-sharp copy of an image from Word into Paint?: Some time ago I created simple sketches in Paint for Word documents, but did not save these as dedicated image files. Now, if I want to re-edit one of those sketches, I would need to get them back from Word into Paint without the blur that is now being introduced. This...
  5. How to paste a razor-sharp copy of an image from Word into Paint?

How to paste a razor-sharp copy of an image from Word into Paint?: Some time ago I created simple sketches in Paint for Word documents, but did not save these as dedicated image files. Now, if I want to re-edit one of those sketches, I would need to get them back from Word into Paint without the blur that is now being introduced. This...
  6. Copying Image to Microsoft Paint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying Image to Microsoft Paint: I currently use Microsoft Paint on a Microsoft Surface Pro 7. I use the Surface Pro while I am deployed overseas, my desktop is at home in the states. When I try copying an image from online and paste it into Paint, the image becomes like half the size of its original...
  7. Copying Image to Microsoft Paint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying Image to Microsoft Paint: I currently use Microsoft Paint on a Microsoft Surface Pro 7. I use the Surface Pro while I am deployed overseas, my desktop is at home in the states. When I try copying an image from online and paste it into Paint, the image becomes like half the size of its original...
  8. Copying Image to Microsoft Paint

9. MS Paint copy and paste

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Paint copy and paste: Since around the 12th August update I have had a problem with MS Paint (not the 3D version). Trying to copy and paste small areas of a picture still works as before but not if you then want to move the pasted bit. Pasted bits below a certain number of pixels can't be moved...
  10. Pasting image into Paint

Pasting image into Paint: After recent Windows update, Microsoft Paint started pasting images from clipboard in reduced size/quality. Pasting the same image from the clipboard into Word document - pasts normal. I have been using Paint for 15 years every day, and only recently I ran into this problem....