Windows 10: Copy Paste not working when using RDP

Discus and support Copy Paste not working when using RDP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I didn't know where to post so I'm posting in the general section. I've noticed one very weird behavior on my system in the past few weeks. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by magnuz666, Aug 6, 2020.

1. magnuz666 Win User

Copy Paste not working when using RDP

Hi guys,
    I didn't know where to post so I'm posting in the general section. I've noticed one very weird behavior on my system in the past few weeks. I take RDP sessions of our office servers over VPN. Earlier my copy-paste functionality was working without any issues but the past couple of weeks I've notice that whenever my RDP app is open then I'm not allowed to copy-paste anything. It's like the copy-paste function stops working for as long as the RDP app is open. Once I close it, copy-paste starts working normally.

Has anybody else ever faced this kind of issue or is it just my buggy version of windows?

Windows Version: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.815)

:)

magnuz666, Aug 6, 2020
  2. magnuz666 Win User

Hi guys,
    I didn't know where to post so I'm posting in the general section. I've noticed one very weird behavior on my system in the past few weeks. I take RDP sessions of our office servers over VPN. Earlier my copy-paste functionality was working without any issues but the past couple of weeks I've notice that whenever my RDP app is open then I'm not allowed to copy-paste anything. It's like the copy-paste function stops working for as long as the RDP app is open. Once I close it, copy-paste starts working normally.

Has anybody else ever faced this kind of issue or is it just my buggy version of windows?

Windows Version: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.815)

magnuz666, Aug 6, 2020
  3. RDC copy and paste

Hi Grant,

For the Remote Desktop Connection issue on your computers, you can follow some helpful solutions from this link:

Copy Paste not working via RDP connection.

If the issue persists after the performing the suggested steps from the provided link, you can also post a query on the same thread.

Regards.

Marque Lor, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Copy Paste not working when using RDP - Similar Threads - Copy Paste working

2. Copy and Paste not working when I used SFC scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy and Paste not working when I used SFC scan: I've used the command prompt and used the sfc/scannow command and it hasn't worked. I was searching around on the internet but I can't seem to find any solution to fix my copy and paste function except the method I've already used. It's getting really annoying when I'm trying...
  3. Copy and Paste not working when I used SFC scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy and Paste not working when I used SFC scan: I've used the command prompt and used the sfc/scannow command and it hasn't worked. I was searching around on the internet but I can't seem to find any solution to fix my copy and paste function except the method I've already used. It's getting really annoying when I'm trying...
  4. Copy and Paste not working RDP to a specific machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy and Paste not working RDP to a specific machine: Hi,I have a desktop PC that I RDP to from a Windows 10 laptop and/or a Mac Book. I am unable to copy and paste to and from the desktop PC to either of the Client machinesI have confirmed and checked the following items;Restarted all the machinesClipboard option enabled on...
  5. Copy and Paste not working RDP to a specific machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy and Paste not working RDP to a specific machine: Hi,I have a desktop PC that I RDP to from a Windows 10 laptop and/or a Mac Book. I am unable to copy and paste to and from the desktop PC to either of the Client machinesI have confirmed and checked the following items;Restarted all the machinesClipboard option enabled on...
  6. Copy and Paste not working RDP to a specific machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Copy & Paste with RDP crashes app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy & Paste with RDP crashes app: Often, when I copy & paste to a remote desktop, regardless of app/process used, it freezes the host app and the client computer. My only solution is a band-aid, getting both systems to work again. An example case... using Virtualbox machine, if I enter the machine directly...
  8. Copy Paste not working when using RDP

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy Paste not working when using RDP: Hi guys, I didn't know where to post so I'm posting in the general section. I've noticed one very weird behavior on my system in the past few weeks. I take RDP sessions of our office servers over VPN. Earlier my copy-paste functionality was working without any issues but the...
  9. Copy Paste not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy Paste not working.: HI, I am unable to copy paste in any document or anywhere in windows. Both via a mouse or keyboard shortcuts, The copy option is there. But the paste option is grayed out. Once data is copied both options are greyed out. If i restart my laptop. Copy paste works fine but...
  10. copy and paste not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    copy and paste not working: Hi I am having problem with copy and paste and I have tried most fixes. it seems that the copy function is remembering and old copy. when I highlight new text and press copy and paste it still pastes old text. sometimes I will copy and it will paste the new text, but then go...