Windows 10: Copy & Paste Picture Problem Producing Random Text

Discus and support Copy & Paste Picture Problem Producing Random Text in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I hope someone can help with this one. I don't know if this is a Win 10 or Office 16 issue, but: I write a lot of reports and need to paste... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterReeves3, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Copy & Paste Picture Problem Producing Random Text

Hi,

I hope someone can help with this one.

I don't know if this is a Win 10 or Office 16 issue, but:

I write a lot of reports and need to paste pictures in to the Word doc.

For a while now if I copy a picture it can be one stored on my HD or a web page or Google Earth map, anything, when pasting I don't get the picture - I get a box populated by random text. Some of the text is from the doc I am working on, others are paths to documents stored on my HD. Bizarrely, I have not even copied the text and also it affects all my documents, not just the one I'm working on. So the paste action is grabbing random text and pathways and pasting that instead of my pic and all the other docs in that folder become corrupted with random text appearing, and tables disappearing.

I have re-installed Office 2016 without success, which leads me to think this is a Windows 10 issue. I have antivirus running and carried out HD scans with no viruses found.

Any thoughts?

Ta

Pete

:)

PeterReeves3, Jan 17, 2020
  2. zeno1947 Win User

editing text (mark, copy, paste)

Hi

After having my Samsung Omnia 7 for a week (WHAT A SUPERB DEVICE TO BE SURE), I have been unable so far to, for instance, MARK, COPY text from anywhere on my device into an email or note. I can sometimes persuade it to mark a block of text but tapping
    then holding produces no menu at all. This is utterly frustrating as I run a small business and have prepared text to reply to a variety of enquiries

any suggestions gratefully received

Martin Lee

zeno1947, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Lisa vG Win User
    copy & paste images or pictures problems in Windows 10

This problem manifested itself on my Surface, running in Tablet mode, after the Jubilee Edition update. Can't paste pictures in Mail sometimes, regardless if it is copied from Edge or Word.

This even also occurred after copying plain text from Word.

Whatever the type or source, when pasting in Mail, it sometimes just pastes nothing, or the text I copied previously from within Mail itself.

Weird, to experience a parallel clipboard... :-(

Lisa vG, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Copy & Paste Picture Problem Producing Random Text

Windows Explorer Copy and Paste problems

Hi,

The copy/paste problem could be due to Windows Explorer issue or faulty keyboard.

Wewould like to know some information to better isolate the problem:

• Is the issue also happening when trying to copy/paste any Office files, or is it only happening in Windows Explorer?
    • Have you tried other ways like; right-click + Copy, then right-click + Paste?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Copy & Paste Picture Problem Producing Random Text

1. Copy & Paste Picture Problem Producing Random Text - Similar Threads - Copy Paste Picture

2. windows 10 paste random string.when we copied the text and paste into other application.it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 paste random string.when we copied the text and paste into other application.it...: windows 10 paste random string.when we copied the text and paste into other application.it paste some random string https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-paste-random-stringwhen-we-copied-the/a5265dc1-8b5b-42c1-8019-6015c0602d1e
  3. windows 10 paste random string.when we copied the text and paste into other application.it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 paste random string.when we copied the text and paste into other application.it...: windows 10 paste random string.when we copied the text and paste into other application.it paste some random string https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-paste-random-stringwhen-we-copied-the/a5265dc1-8b5b-42c1-8019-6015c0602d1e
  4. windows 10 paste random string.when we copied the text and paste into other application.it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Copy and paste problem

Copy and paste problem: I am having problems with my copy/paste function.I have 2777 photos JPEG on a dvd and am trying to copy/paste to a portable 2GB SSD hard drive.When I open F: where the dvd is, when I click Select All then copy then paste to iDriveWiFiD: SSD, it will start pasting. When it...
  6. Copy & Paste not working correctly it pastes a previous copied text

Copy & Paste not working correctly it pastes a previous copied text: This is very annoying! I could fairly say that 1/3 of the time Copy & Paste are not working correctly. It pastes a previous copied text. I did a reboot and i tried several copy/paste methods and it's still doing it. It's been like this for the past 4 days. Let's say...
  7. Copy Paste Arabic Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy Paste Arabic Text: HI Team, after the recent update of windows 10 , if i am trying to copy pate arabic text it gets shifted to be ?????????? any suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-paste-arabic-text/487f45c7-5f07-43fb-8a55-24e4bf91aa0e
  8. Trouble copy and pasting and clicking on text

Trouble copy and pasting and clicking on text: The problem starts with trouble clicking on the beginning of a text to highlight. Instead of starting where I point my cursor, it tries to highlight an entire word or phrase or sentence. After many attempts, if I do manage to highlight the word or text I want, it often won't...
  9. The Copy and Paste Picture Dilemma & Other Outlook Problems

in Browsers and Email
    The Copy and Paste Picture Dilemma & Other Outlook Problems: I have Windows 10 and IE 11. I use to be able to copy pictures from the web to an Outlook e-mail. Now when I do it all I get is the http address and no photo. If this is due to Windows 10 I'll do a restore to Windows 8.1 and stay put. If this is a change to Outlook e-mail I'm...
  10. Problems with Copy and Paste

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Copy and Paste: Hi I'm new here and new to Windows 10, which installed itself onto my computer just recently. I have some folders I like to backup to Dropbox and in Windows 7 I would simply copy the folder and then past into the Dropbox window and I would get an option, amongst other...