Windows 10: Copy/paste 'right-click' menu popping up unrequested on Windows 10 apps only

Discus and support Copy/paste 'right-click' menu popping up unrequested on Windows 10 apps only in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My wife's PC started having an issue 3 days ago, and I've tried everything I can think of - I'm stumped. Simply put: when opening the start menu, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SmartBadger, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Copy/paste 'right-click' menu popping up unrequested on Windows 10 apps only

My wife's PC started having an issue 3 days ago, and I've tried everything I can think of - I'm stumped.

Simply put: when opening the start menu, or any Windows 10 app with an input field such as settings, the calculator, store, etc - anything which uses the windows 10 app 'skin', focus is immediately taken by the input field, and the 'right-click' paste menu pops up, meaning that you can't type anything. Clicking anywhere on the window for settings or apps causes the menu to flick away for a frame, and then reassert, so you can't actually click on anything or use the app. On the start menu, you can click on visible icons, or start typing to search, but you can't scroll, and clicking on the Documents/Network/File Explorer quick launch icons opens their right-click menu.

Nothing has been installed or removed before the problem started or since.

Windows update says it is up to date.

I've swapped out both the keyboard and mouse, and moved them to different ports.

Keyboard troubleshooter reports no errors.

Removing and reinstalling keyboard and mouse drivers has not worked.

Virus scanner is up to date and reports no issues.

ONLY Windows apps are having this issue - windows itself apart from the start menu is unaffected, as is Chrome, Steam, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

SmartBadger, Feb 28, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Copy/paste 'right-click' menu popping up unrequested on Windows 10 apps only

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Keyboard shortcuts in Windows

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Copy/paste 'right-click' menu popping up unrequested on Windows 10 apps only

1. Copy/paste 'right-click' menu popping up unrequested on Windows 10 apps only - Similar Threads - Copy paste 'right

2. Right-click context menu keeps popping up in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Right-click context menu keeps popping up in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Some Windows users have reported a weird issue. According to them, the right-click context menu keeps popping up randomly without pressing the mouse right-click on their Windows PC. This issue is very annoying as it creates disturbance while working on the computer....
  3. Right click menu pops up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click menu pops up Windows 10: Hello! I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. It's a few years old of course. Recently I had to have a new hard drive and have the system reset. I also had a new keyboard installed after the hard drive because it had a crack.I don't know if it's the system but ever since,...
  4. Right click menu pops up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click menu pops up Windows 10: Hello! I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. It's a few years old of course. Recently I had to have a new hard drive and have the system reset. I also had a new keyboard installed after the hard drive because it had a crack.I don't know if it's the system but ever since,...
  5. Right click menu pops up Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Right clicking on mouse not working. Also unable to copy and paste

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right clicking on mouse not working. Also unable to copy and paste: Hello, Right clicking on mouse is not working. It does nothing. Cannot copy and paste either. This has happened in the last couple of weeks. All drivers are updated. I have tried many of the suggestions and it still doesn't work. Windows 10 desktop, wired mouse, dell PC...
  7. Disable right click context menu popping up on HP laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable right click context menu popping up on HP laptop: I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 Home. When I use the touchpad, about half the time when I tap it the context menu pops up as if I am clicking the right click button. I have searched and searched in the settings and on the internet for a way to disable this feature,...
  8. Right click popping up

Right click popping up: How to Fix Right Click Menu Randomly Popping Up on Windows 10? My PC is Surface 2 95F-00006 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-popping-up/81618467-9df7-4592-9565-c8ea3e0a1a46
  9. "Paste" is not an option on right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    "Paste" is not an option on right click menu: I just noticed this: When I go to COPY files and PASTE them into folders on another PC on the home network, the PASTE option does not show in the menu when you right click the destination folder. Is this 'normal' behavior? I can Paste the files using the paste button in the...
  10. right click menu in windows 10

right click menu in windows 10: 2 Days ago, wile using Firefox, I remarked that my PC started to act strange: wile trying to open a new tab, instead, a new window was opening. In Explorer, I cannot use the Right Click.As soon as I press the right button on the mouse, the menu opens and right away it closes....