Windows 10: copy paste shortcuts not working

Discus and support copy paste shortcuts not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, Recently my copy paste shortcuts stopped working, but only on my desktop and in the file explorer. In all other apps they are still working and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by carlos.gmz, Mar 3, 2021.

1. copy paste shortcuts not working

Hey,

Recently my copy paste shortcuts stopped working, but only on my desktop and in the file explorer. In all other apps they are still working and when I rightclick on a file, then I can copy it manually and it is working. But the shprtcuts doesnt even show up right next to the options, like they did before. I dont know what I did, so that it isnt working anymore.

Hope you can help me, Thanks.
    Greets Carlos.

:)

carlos.gmz, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Darshan J Win User

copy/paste function is not working

Hi Sabrina,

Provide us with the information below to help you better.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?
    • Is the copy/paste functioning not working fro particular application or on whole computer?
    • How are you using copy/paste option via right click or keyboard shortcuts or via edit menu within the application?
    • Is the issue specific to a file format or all the file formats?

Suggest you to use the copy/paste using shortcuts that is Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V to copy cut and past respectively.

Also install all the pending updates on your computer, restart your computer and check if it helps.

Get back to us with the above information to help your further.

Darshan J, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Mar 3, 2021
  4. copy paste shortcuts not working

E71x copy/paste keyboard shortcuts?

OK, here's what I get for those key combos:

• fn, then chr = Select Symbol
    • fn + chr = Select Symbol
    • mark text, then fn + chr + X = Select Symbol
    :smileysad: Why would AT&T want to remove a keyboard shortcut for copy/paste?!?!?

diesel_travis, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

copy paste shortcuts not working

1. copy paste shortcuts not working - Similar Threads - copy paste shortcuts

2. Why does my copy and paste shortcut not work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my copy and paste shortcut not work?: When I was playing a game, my copy and paste stopped working, and it sucks! I tried copy and pasting everywhere, and restarting my PC. It was working just a moment ago, so please help me fix this!...
  3. Why does my copy and paste shortcut not work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my copy and paste shortcut not work?: When I was playing a game, my copy and paste stopped working, and it sucks! I tried copy and pasting everywhere, and restarting my PC. It was working just a moment ago, so please help me fix this!...
  4. Copy & Paste not working correctly it pastes a previous copied text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy & Paste not working correctly it pastes a previous copied text: This is very annoying! I could fairly say that 1/3 of the time Copy & Paste are not working correctly. It pastes a previous copied text. I did a reboot and i tried several copy/paste methods and it's still doing it. It's been like this for the past 4 days. Let's say...
  5. Copy Paste not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy Paste not working.: HI, I am unable to copy paste in any document or anywhere in windows. Both via a mouse or keyboard shortcuts, The copy option is there. But the paste option is grayed out. Once data is copied both options are greyed out. If i restart my laptop. Copy paste works fine but...
  6. Paste shortcut is no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Paste shortcut is no longer working: Until yesterday, copy and pasting was working fine. Now, for whatever reason, my PC refuses to recognize ctrl+v. Copying works fine, and pasting works fine as long as I can right click and click the paste button. It's just the shortcut that no longer works. I've tried a few...
  7. Copy and paste stopped working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy and paste stopped working.: How do I restore copy and paste? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-and-paste-stopped-working/c71b8ed0-25c4-4cf9-926c-7833021c0eb1
  8. copy and paste not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    copy and paste not working: Hi I am having problem with copy and paste and I have tried most fixes. it seems that the copy function is remembering and old copy. when I highlight new text and press copy and paste it still pastes old text. sometimes I will copy and it will paste the new text, but then go...
  9. Copy and Paste Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy and Paste Not Working: I am trying to copy and paste any where in windows. and I get this when I paste, C:\Users\paulc\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-12-03--06-31-25_.dmp...
  10. Copy and paste not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy and paste not working: Whenever i try to copy and paste something when i paste it pastes this file directory "C:\Users\jlang\AppData\Local\Temp\PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-11-05--17-34-56_.dmp" im not really sure what to do. that...