Windows 10: Copy & Paste with RDP crashes app

Discus and support Copy & Paste with RDP crashes app in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Often, when I copy & paste to a remote desktop, regardless of app/process used, it freezes the host app and the client computer. My only solution is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScottS21, Mar 2, 2021.

1. ScottS21 Win User

Copy & Paste with RDP crashes app

Often, when I copy & paste to a remote desktop, regardless of app/process used, it freezes the host app and the client computer. My only solution is a band-aid, getting both systems to work again.

An example case... using Virtualbox machine, if I enter the machine directly from the VBox console, C&P works fine all the time. If I connect to a machine via RDP the crashes occur, let it be with Windows built-in RDP, Microsoft RDP, TightVNC.

Why specifically does this happen and is there more of a permanent solution to this?

Windows 10 Pro x64 2004

:)

ScottS21, Mar 2, 2021

2. RDC copy and paste

Hi Grant,

For the Remote Desktop Connection issue on your computers, you can follow some helpful solutions from this link:

Copy Paste not working via RDP connection.

If the issue persists after the performing the suggested steps from the provided link, you can also post a query on the same thread.

Regards.

Marque Lor, Mar 2, 2021
  3. magnuz666 Win User
    Copy Paste not working when using RDP

Hi guys,
    I didn't know where to post so I'm posting in the general section. I've noticed one very weird behavior on my system in the past few weeks. I take RDP sessions of our office servers over VPN. Earlier my copy-paste functionality was working without any issues but the past couple of weeks I've notice that whenever my RDP app is open then I'm not allowed to copy-paste anything. It's like the copy-paste function stops working for as long as the RDP app is open. Once I close it, copy-paste starts working normally.

Has anybody else ever faced this kind of issue or is it just my buggy version of windows?

Windows Version: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.815)

magnuz666, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Copy & Paste with RDP crashes app

Cant copy and past to/from remote desktop

Hi All, this problem is getting worse and happens daily.

I have Windows 10 Pro.

I have 2 monitors and use Remote Desktop Version 10.1.1088.0 on my system.

I use this all day.

I go back and forth between the RDP and my windows desktop apps. (excel, word, Outlook, etc).

So, scenario. I select the word TEST1 in Word, click copy then select Outlook and Paste, and it all works as it is supposed to.

Then I need to copy from the RDP app. I select the text WILLTHISWORK, click copy, go to Outlook (Outside of the RDP window) and select Paste and I get what TEST1, what I had originally copied. BUT if I go back to the RDP and paste there, it will paste the
    WILLITWORK.

Sometimes, if I log out of the RDP app, and close Remote Desktop, then open and log back in, it will work, other times I have to reboot my system.

This problem is driving me crazy, any suggestions?

Fern Turpin, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Copy & Paste with RDP crashes app

1. Copy & Paste with RDP crashes app - Similar Threads - Copy Paste RDP

2. Copy and Paste not working RDP to a specific machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy and Paste not working RDP to a specific machine: Hi,I have a desktop PC that I RDP to from a Windows 10 laptop and/or a Mac Book. I am unable to copy and paste to and from the desktop PC to either of the Client machinesI have confirmed and checked the following items;Restarted all the machinesClipboard option enabled on...
  3. Copy and Paste not working RDP to a specific machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy and Paste not working RDP to a specific machine: Hi,I have a desktop PC that I RDP to from a Windows 10 laptop and/or a Mac Book. I am unable to copy and paste to and from the desktop PC to either of the Client machinesI have confirmed and checked the following items;Restarted all the machinesClipboard option enabled on...
  4. Copy and Paste not working RDP to a specific machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. RDP copy and paste issue on Remote Window machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDP copy and paste issue on Remote Window machine: I am having problem in copy and paste text and image from local machine to RDP server window 19 standard edition.Only one user is having problem , other user can copy and paste easily from local machine to Remote RDP server 19,standard.Any help is highly appreciated....
  6. RDP copy and paste issue on Remote Window machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP copy and paste issue on Remote Window machine: I am having problem in copy and paste text and image from local machine to RDP server window 19 standard edition.Only one user is having problem , other user can copy and paste easily from local machine to Remote RDP server 19,standard.Any help is highly appreciated....
  7. Copy Paste not working when using RDP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy Paste not working when using RDP: Hi guys, I didn't know where to post so I'm posting in the general section. I've noticed one very weird behavior on my system in the past few weeks. I take RDP sessions of our office servers over VPN. Earlier my copy-paste functionality was working without any issues but the...
  8. Copy Paste not working when using RDP

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy Paste not working when using RDP: Hi guys, I didn't know where to post so I'm posting in the general section. I've noticed one very weird behavior on my system in the past few weeks. I take RDP sessions of our office servers over VPN. Earlier my copy-paste functionality was working without any issues but the...
  9. Help With Copy Paste Crash Dump

Help With Copy Paste Crash Dump: In so far just one program, VectorWorks Cad software every so often, more than not, when I try to copy & paste I get PRODUCT_NAME_UNKNOWN_CrashDumpPRODUCT_VERSION_MAJOR_UNKNOWN-PRODUCT_VERSION_MINOR_UNKNOWN-2018-10-05--15-53-49_ Anyone have info on...
  10. Copy and paste function crashed

Copy and paste function crashed: As of late my PC doesn’t normally copy and paste. Once I try to copy something I see a path to a temporary file, saying that something has crashed. It is like this one:...