Windows 10: Copy&Paste

Discus and support Copy&Paste in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi There, I have come across a problem with note pad that whenever i want to copy paste some thing on to notepad it always says this: Retrieving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by M. QasimAdnan, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Copy&Paste

Hi There,

I have come across a problem with note pad that whenever i want to copy paste some thing on to notepad it always says this:

Retrieving data. Wait for a few seconds, then try cutting or copying again.

I have so much work left to do and this is not something i was expecting, Please advice Asap if you can.

Thank You.

:)

M. QasimAdnan, Oct 18, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, Oct 18, 2018
  3. COPY AND PASTE

Hi Sandra,

We need more information about your concern so that we can identify the cause of the copy and paste issue. Please provide the following:

• What browser are you using?
    • Is this issue happening with a specific website?
    We suggest trying to do the same function (Copy and Paste) using a different browser and using other website as well.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Copy&Paste

Copy and Paste

We would also like to know if you are experiencing this within a specific browser.

To further identify the cause of the issue, we suggest performing a clean boot to check if there are any startup programs that could be conflicting with the copy and paste function. For steps on how to perform a clean boot, click
    here.

We also suggest starting the PC in safe mode and try to copy and paste from a browser. Steps can be found
    here.

We look forward to your response.

Patricia Yu, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Copy&Paste

1. Copy&Paste - Similar Threads - Copy&Paste

2. Have to sign into Microsoft yo get into my computer. Didn't have to in the past.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have to sign into Microsoft yo get into my computer. Didn't have to in the past.: Hi. I changed hardware on my system. I had to validate my windows 10. Now ever time I turn on my system I have to sign into Microsoft. In the past before hardware change, I would just turn on my system and I was at my home screen. How do i put it back to this. Please...
  3. Have to sign into Microsoft yo get into my computer. Didn't have to in the past.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have to sign into Microsoft yo get into my computer. Didn't have to in the past.: Hi. I changed hardware on my system. I had to validate my windows 10. Now ever time I turn on my system I have to sign into Microsoft. In the past before hardware change, I would just turn on my system and I was at my home screen. How do i put it back to this. Please...
  4. Have to sign into Microsoft yo get into my computer. Didn't have to in the past.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My laptop Dell Inspiron 5577 isn't charging past 54%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop Dell Inspiron 5577 isn't charging past 54%: I believe this started 1 or 2 days ago when the battery reached around 7%, I immediately began charging it up.This is already a replacement battery and it has less than 2 years of use time.I have all drivers and Windows updates installed and the battery is working properly...
  6. My laptop Dell Inspiron 5577 isn't charging past 54%

My laptop Dell Inspiron 5577 isn't charging past 54%: I believe this started 1 or 2 days ago when the battery reached around 7%, I immediately began charging it up.This is already a replacement battery and it has less than 2 years of use time.I have all drivers and Windows updates installed and the battery is working properly...
  7. My laptop Dell Inspiron 5577 isn't charging past 54%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My paste is not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My paste is not working...: I will literally be going through my day, and I try and paste something in, and it will not work. It fixes when I restart my PC but it happens often, and I don't know if I am tapping something. But I will highlight something, right click and copy it. But my paste is grayed...
  9. My paste is not working...

My paste is not working...: I will literally be going through my day, and I try and paste something in, and it will not work. It fixes when I restart my PC but it happens often, and I don't know if I am tapping something. But I will highlight something, right click and copy it. But my paste is grayed...
  10. How to get past the date field in Microsoft surface pro 3 set up for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get past the date field in Microsoft surface pro 3 set up for Windows 10: Upon setting up Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3 tablet for a friend, we paused the set up process at the screen to configure Cortana overnight where the tablet when into hibernations mode. After pressing the power button for 30 seconds to shut down the tablet the next day...